Decas Cranberry Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Decas Cranberry Products Reviews

1.7
Jeff Carlson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nice place to work with good people and ok starting pay."

Current Employee - Quality Technician in Carver, MA
    Current Employee - Quality Technician in Carver, MA

I have been working at Decas Cranberry Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It isn't rocket science by any means and not much is asked of the employees. You don't need experience to start and the starting salary is good considering it doesn't require experience. The days are 12 hours and you work a 3 day/ 4 day schedule.

Cons

Primary focus of production is quantity over quality.

Advice to Management

Focus more on quality and the quantity will come. It doesn't make any sense to continue reinventing the wheel for the sake of increased production when expansion would be more prudent.

2. "Very poor company that allows nepotism to rule its decisions"

Former Employee - Area Supervisor in Lakeville, MA
    Former Employee - Area Supervisor in Lakeville, MA

I worked at Decas Cranberry Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The site I cared for was a remote area. Thus I was left somewhat alone to care for my responsibilities. I love the outdoors and that's where my job happens.

Cons

Nepotism. Favoritism. Racism

Advice to Management

Remove those who don't care about the morale of the workers. Definitely fire those who assign jobs based on race.

"Once this was a company I was proud to work for ...Now I have become a face with no name."

Former Employee - Maintenance
    Former Employee - Maintenance

I worked at Decas Cranberry Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was close to home. I had paid vacation.I worked with some great people.I used my skills to the best of my ability everyday.I was proud of the work I accomplished.

Cons

I do not feel I was a part of the company anymore. Sad to say, Decas's new generation of management has ruined a once great company.

Advice to Management

Clean house! Get rid of the top heavy management and put your money where it really counts! Give it to your blue collared employees that have been hard working and faithful for all these years!

"A Company with NO future"

Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Lakeville, MA
    Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Lakeville, MA

I have been working at Decas Cranberry Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A decade or more ago, there were many pros. However, today not a one except being able to work outside and not at a desk.

Cons

No loyalty to their workers. Love to use At-Will terminations. Top heavy "Family" Company that would rather have an incompetent person in charge that is related, then someone who knows what they are doing. If your a minority be prepared to work not advance. You can work here for a 100 years, but when an advancement opportunity comes available, they would rather hire a newbie non-minority then advance a minority already in the company. DOn't believe me...visit the company first and see for yourself.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to Ocean Spray because there is a reason why they are so successful.

"Great Place, Bad future"

Former Employee - Production Manager in Carver, MA
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Carver, MA

I worked at Decas Cranberry Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company, excellent benefits the senior administration really known everyone by name. It is a great place to work if you are starting out.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities. Really not a place to continue for ever. Company is fixated on a few product categories. Minimum training opportunities.

"Pathetic."

Former Employee - Office in Carver, MA
    Former Employee - Office in Carver, MA

I worked at Decas Cranberry Products full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a job, but expect to do above and beyond your wildest dreams.

Cons

The entire company is run by the accounting department. They have more employees than any other dept in the company and can pick and choose job duties.

Advice to Management

Grow a set. Take the staff on a cruise and ask them to take a pay cut six months later? Who's minding the store???

"Small family owned company, not ready to move into the next generation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carver, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carver, MA

Pros

free parking and an easy commute

Cons

unethical, unorganized, favoritism, too much focus on quantity over quality.

Advice to Management

get into the plant and actually see what you're producing. Listen to your employees, increase benefits and salary instead of cutting them