Decision Resources Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Decision Resources Group CEO Jon Sandler
Jon Sandler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance is good as company is very flexible in working hours" (in 42 reviews)

• "Work from home for 5 days a month" (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A great place to learn and to partner with clients to solve complex healthcare problems."

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing, smart, talented, committed people.
    Strong information assets to leverage to solve client business questions.
    Strong reputation with med device and pharma clients.
    Willingness to invest for growth.
    Transparency

Cons

Communication from management.
    Slight lack of clarity into longer term vision.

May 8, 2018 – COO

Hi, It’s Chris. Thanks for your review. I agree on all the positives, esp. the one about the incredible people at DRG! In terms of communications, we’re trying hard: the new internal portal features... More

2. "On the Right Track"

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time

Pros

I work with some of the smartest people I've ever come across. The culture has come a long way. The new office space has made it more fun to work here and HR programs show a bigger investment in the employees. Good benefits.

Cons

As others have mentioned, compensation. Especially as people have more and more on their plates.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

May 8, 2018 – COO

Hi, It’s Chris. Your list of “pros” delights me. While there’s still a lot to do, there’s a lot more wind in our sails than there was a year (or even 6 months) ago! I want to point out that our... More

3. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart colleagues, solid compensation, newer office space.

Cons

Not open to work-from-home, very little top-down management communication, placement of consultants in management positions who have little interest developing folks' careers who report to them.

"Work-life balance good, but do not value existing employees"

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work timings
    Work-life balance pretty good
    Hire at high packages
    On-site opportunities for some teams

Cons

Bad paymaster for existing employees
    HR department very slow

Advice to Management

Try to retain talent with incentives

"Good work, but neither compensated well nor comparably with peers"

Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Engaging, varied work
    - Collaborative culture in DRG Analytics (DRGA) + smart/fun people.
    - Great opportunity to develop skills and gain increased responsibility

Cons

- Does not compensate well enough. Also, way below the market average for a data analyst in Boston
    - Also, the pay is below the salary of some peers in the same team as I who are working in the same position as I am with a similar education & work background as I have. This is extremely unfair and kind of questioning our self-worth.
    - No clarity on career path development. There's just talk of that going on but nothing to show for.

Advice to Management

- Pay your existing employees a salary which is on par with other current employees.
    - The new office space is well below expectations. We were told there will be more open and collaborative space, but that does not exist. The previous office had a better layout because the new one with cubicles looks like a call center of sorts. This is the general consensus.
    - I don't see any sort of acknowledgment for a job well done.

May 9, 2018 – VP Commercialization & Strategy Market Access Insights

Hi – it’s Chetan Tadvalkar, VP of MACC Insights – I also moonlight as our Boston office engagement leader. I wanted to respond to your concerns about our new Boston office. Our new space is pretty... More

"stagnant"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

many products were leaders at a time
    good management at lower levels
    WFH policy flexible

Cons

the market is changing what it wants and DRG is not changing with it
    Some behavior of the CEO questionable - not always employee friendly
    No real women at the top - they were all let go

Advice to Management

tell the emperor he has no clothes

May 14, 2018 – CMO

Hi this is Meredith, the Chief Marketing Officer at DRG. Thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad you're finding the lower level management and WFH policies are contributing to your experience at DRG... More

"needs to do better"

Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great products but under pressure
    good insurance for company size
    work from home policy
    many analysts top notch

Cons

much outsourcing and cost cutting has hurt quality
    more focused on internal than external initiatives
    senior team out of touch

Advice to Management

work on the culture - it starts at the top

Apr 16, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

Hi there – It’s Chris. Good to hear about the “pros.” Now, let’s get straight to your “cons.”

I don’t agree outsourcing has hurt quality. Why? 1st, our Net Promoter Scores (measures of client... More

"Great colleagues, woefully underpaid"

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great learning experience for recent graduates. If this is your first job in healthcare, or in an office for that matter, you will learn a lot.
    - Wonderful coworkers. For the most part, my coworkers are great people who have a lot to offer.
    - Somewhat flexible work environment. So long as you do quality work and meet your deadlines, no one cares if you come in at 8 or 9, or take the occasional long lunch.
    - Reasonable work/life balance. Workload is such that my day ends when I leave the office. At rare points throughout the year, you might be expected to work longer, but you can usually make up for it after the chaos dies down .
    - Not a terribly stressful job, day-to-day. If you’re relatively intelligent and well-organized, the work is very low stress.

Cons

- Massively underpaid. By staying with this company for more than 1-2 years, you will drastically reduce your earning potential. Salary increases are minimal and barely keep pace with inflation. Management acknowledged that low pay is the biggest issue for employees and has developed a multi-year plan to address this (but only for the highest performers that are found by the company to be paid at below market rates). Unfortunately, employees don't have years to wait for the possibility of a slight salary bump. You’re better off leaving for a company that will rightly pay your worth from the get-go. Case in point: I left for a 80% salary increase. Not even an upward movement. Similar work. Same title. That’s how lowly I was paid at DRG.
    - Work can become boring over time. DRG is a great place to gain exposure to the healthcare industry. But there is little emphasis on personal growth or continuing education or training. Doing the same work day in and day out will not advance your skill set. And while there’s a lot of talent, it’s not being leveraged fully. And oor pay, meager raises/bonuses, don’t inspire people to go above and beyond.
    - Unambitious employees. The work environment is friendly and low-stress. And the work has the potential to be interesting. But at the end of the day, friendly coworkers don’t pay the bills. More enterprising individuals tend to leave for bigger and better opportunities and much higher salaries, leaving less ambitious to linger behind.

"Awful experience in Yardley"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Project work heavily involves primary research interviews, which is a great opportunity to learn from external industry experts.

Cons

DRG is a large company with many different teams and offices, and some teams are much stronger than others. However the senior leadership (principals and partners) at the Yardley consulting office do a poor job of managing internal resources and an even worse job of building client relationships.
    There are 10+ consultants who quit or are fired from that office every year since 2014 and still nothing has changed.

Advice to Management

Consistently high turnover at the associate-consultant level positions in the Yardley office is a clear indictment on Yardley senior management.

Apr 5, 2018 – Managing Partner

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It’s disappointing to hear a member of our Consulting team feel so disheartened about their experience. We are constantly working on ways to be better... More

"Hire Fire"

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only upside working at DRG was my coworkers. Fantastic, talented people with a lot to offer.

Cons

1. The lack of communication is staggering at the department level. Rather than share the common goals and strategies to better the business, upper management treats all information on a "need-to-know" basis and does not share much beyond what is needed to complete daily tasks. This makes it difficult for employees to understand the overall business and the goals thereof.
    2. The main philosophy of this organization is: hire young, pay them minimally, work them to death, and show them the door if anyone doesn't like it. Morale of the workforce is very low. They demand loyalty, yet show none.
    3. The employee evaluation process is useless. Rankings, raises, and bonuses really have nothing to do with performance. My manager admitted I met the criteria to be ranked a "5" (5 being the highest ranking), yet was ranked a "3" because corporate HR told them to rank everyone at that level. Very frustrating too work hard all year, meet and exceed goals, and get nothing for it.

Advice to Management

Change your philosophy regarding the treatment of employees. Give them credit and raises where it is due! Stop lying to your workers and give up the charade of evaluation process actually meaning something!

Mar 9, 2018 – Internal Consultant

Hi there,

These are some great suggestions and some, I believe, which could be immediately actionable. In an effort to make performance conversations a more habitual part of our work, we are... More