Decision Resources Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Decision Resources Group CEO Jon Sandler
Jon Sandler

Pros
Cons
  • Pay and work-life balance not the best (in 4 reviews)

• senior management do not seem to care (in 6 reviews)

1. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience if you want to work in a start up culture. Great work life balance

Cons

A lot of disorganization and low compensation compared with competitors

"Not a good choice"

Former Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits for small company. Some good product remains and customers still value the reputation and quality. Analysts that are in the USA are high quality

Cons

Poor behavior abounds. Lost focus on product story and roadmap. Turnover of the best people continue and it hurts at every level. Senior team afraid to react to the 2 managers in charge who have no clue what they are doing and it shows.

Advice to Management

Time for a Change. The turnover is a message.

"Would No Longer Recomend"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Burlington, MA

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can and used to be a great entry level job to the industry early in your career. People are generally interesting and fun to work with. Still has a great name in the industry for quality although that is changing.

Cons

Salaries are low for industry standards and don't be surprised if you commission gets cut down at the end of the year if you make "too" much followed by an impossible goal the next year. Typically a completely new commission structure every other year Managers are only promoted from within with only experience at DRG and this is generally based on attrition. Often the only way to receive a well deserved promotion is leaving the company and coming back or threatening to do so. New management is out of touch and bringing the company in a different / undesirable direction.

Advice to Management

Bring in some new faces and try to get back to DRG's roots that used to make this a great place to work.

"Miserable"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Burlington, MA

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll probably learn something as an out-of-college junior employee.

Cons

There's no other way to say it but that the management change destroyed the company.

Advice to Management

Leave.

6. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Pros

As a former employee I would say DRG is and was a great company to work for. Yes the company has gone thru many changes in the past few years, but feel confident the new regime will bring it back to where it was.

Cons

Need to keep current with today's salaries.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

"Change isn't easy, but opportunity ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the first time in years, DRG is committed to drastically improving it's business. Most people think it's exciting. There have been some missteps, but the company is setting a pretty bold vision and investing in product and people to make it happen.

Cons

Some people aren't interested in change. Change is hard, and new management has brought a new level of accountability. As old employees who aren't up for the challenge shift out (most by choice), it can leave a culture that is temporarily defined by turnover. Unfortunately it's been a rocky few months, but there are A TON of good people here who are excited to come out on the other end. Looks like most don't write reviews...

Advice to Management

Drive change less quickly, or be more more sensitive to thin skin.

"Enter at your own risk"

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can learn quite a lot from coworkers. Flexibility is wonderful and benefits are better than average.

Cons

Frequent org changes (annually) cause much confusion among staff. Promote people to senior positions before ready.

Advice to Management

Communication quite poor. Senior management does not value staff and they know it.

"what a disaster"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

some quality of product remains
    decent benefits for a small company

Cons

about 8 months ago, Piramal sent their stooges in to manage us to success. it has been nothing short of a disaster. The 2 principles (Jon and Matt) rule with a dictatorship style, filled with public hangings for sport and ever changing direction all the while placing the blame on the employees for their failed strategies

people have been leaving in droves and more to come start the new year. the culture is one of fear and intimidation with accountability only at the lowest levels of the organization. the leaders have no clue as to what to do to save this dying business that they in fact killed.

So if you like public flogging, being verbally abused, hearing the F bomb from the CEO in every other sentence and being told you are the problem everyday then DRG is for you!

after 8 years I think I have now seen the end for DRG and it is a real shame

Advice to Management

I don't know how you go from a thriving, happy, productive company to such a disaster in less than a year? it almost has to be purposeful as this much of a downgrade can only be deliberate. Bring back Jim and his team to fix it or sell the company to more competent strategists.

"So condescending"

Current Employee - Vice President in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent brand (but under pressure), lots of opportunity to learn about healthcare

Cons

The recent positive review talking about change typifies how condescending senior manangment is to DRGs highly educated workforce. Treating us like children who only voice our concerns because we aren't able to change, or be accountable for things. Not only is thiis discrespeectful, it is factually incorrect.

I have been here for a number of years, and I and my teammates have always felt accountable to delivering our products on time, on budget, to our clients exeedingly high standards. We care about meeting our budgets, and the firms financial performance. Under prior managment (Peter, Jim) we had similar accoutability. And as for change, the business changed much more under past leadership that it is now (no more separate companies, one brand, funding for innovation, India, team culture, etc). The difference then is that we had a broad vision and strategy, which made it exciting and clear as to why we were changing. That amount of change was massive and employee morale was fine during that time. The only change I see now is dramatic shift to unempowering employees, rule from the top, and public humulations.

Advice to Management

Please stop the "beatings will continue until morale improves" version of management. Ajay, please sell the company or change senior leadership before its too late.

"Tragic. Simply Tragic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are dwindling, but I thought the pay was generally on par with the industry. And my colleagues (who have mostly moved on) were really great people.

Cons

New management team was brought in to shore up lagging sales. They've all but destroyed the company. With the possible exception of the CEO, all senior leaders are narcissists at best, sociopaths at worst. Employees are treated with disdain, openly denigrated and humiliated, and viewed as a burden, rather than an asset to the company. Really good employees are leaving in droves, thanks for a 3.9% unemployment rate in MA. Who's going to sit around and take this abusive nonsense? It reminds me of Bain Capital about 10 - 15 years ago.The process is to crush employee morale, so that many of the most expensive people leave, turn those stupid enough to stay into servants, drive up profits at all costs, and then sell the company and make themselves rich. I've seen it before. it's disgusting.

Advice to Management

I'd suggest taking a class on business ethics and people skills, but it's too late for that.