Decision Resources Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Decision Resources Group CEO Jon Sandler
Jon Sandler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Pay and work-life balance not the best (in 5 reviews)

• senior management do not seem to care (in 7 reviews)

"Director, Social Intelligence"

Current Employee - Director, Social Intelligence in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director, Social Intelligence in Boston, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm in my second year at DRG and am thoroughly enjoying the experience. I've worked at startups and for multi-national tech giants with over 100,000 employees and I love the balance that DRG provides in offering the opportunities that come with a global enterprise, while being nimble and embracing innovation. It's certainly a place where you can carve out your niche, collaborate with a variety of organizations and have the autonomy to do your best work. There is tremendous opportunity in this sector and DRG sits at the intersection of healthcare, technology and data. The CEO has an open-door policy, and is intentional in letting us know that. He leads with a high degree of integrity, empathy and vision. I’d highly recommend (and have recommended) DRG to others.

Cons

None to note based on my experience thus far

Advice to Management

Continue to drive "OneDRG," there is tremendous talent across organizations and by integrating our data assets together, we ultimately drive more value for the customer and deliver more comprehensive solutions to the market.

"Look elsewhere..."

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Non-management employees drive this company, with little to no credit or acknowledgment.

Cons

John Sandler, the direction of the company and the lack of leadership. What little the leadership does do seems to be for individual gain, not for the betterment of the company. Zero to no execution or follow-through with a tremendous amount of smoke and mirrors.

Advice to Management

Remove the majority of yourselves and let people that care step in and truly help/build the company to being what it used to be, or at the least, something successful.

"not getting any better"

Current Employee - Analsts in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Analsts in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good products in a dying industry
    OK benefits and PTO

Cons

New management stepped in and created an adversarial environment where any caring for the employee is gone. no strategy or understanding of growth drivers or plans to fix the many issues.

Advice to Management

respect your knowledge workers before the rest of them leave

"7th circle of hell"

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are none, literally.

Cons

This is one of the saddest corporate stories I've ever seen. You need only look at the rating trends to see what the current management team has done to this company. They had great people and great products and still couldn't find a way to succeed. In open town halls, CEO says you can't cut your way to growth, then tries to cut his way to growth. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures and when there is zero strategy in place, you're desperate. 1950 called, and they want their antiquated management practices back.

Advice to Management

Pray

"Sad at what DRG has become"

Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some products still carry brand loyalty
    can still command a premium for the quality content
    decent PTO and benefits

Cons

No real strategic plan that can grow the business
    Senior team especially CEO needs some perspective - no real understanding of the highly sophisticated work

Advice to Management

maybe time for a change?

"Difficult at every Level"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Burlington, MA

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good brand on some products linger with some customers. the benefits are OK for a small company but the deductible is now $1,000!

Cons

the plan is that there is no plan. Senior management does not have a vision that is supported by the teams. arrogance abounds at the senior level

Advice to Management

Time to take the 2 principles to a new assignment

"Where are we going?"

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time

Pros

- Flexible work options
    - Boston office location
    - Competitive 401k
    - Talented analysts and data scientists
    - New sales leadership could drive change

Cons

- No strategic direction from management. What's the 1/3/5 year plan for DRG, the brands, and the products? Revenue targets are not strategy.
    - More products and more acquisition is not a strategy. Is there even a roadmap?
    - Inside-out thinking throughout the company will drive customers to our competitors.
    - oneDRG is a pipe dream. DRG is twelve disjointed brands and will be until there is a larger initiative to bring them together.
    - Under-performers are allowed to fail over and over without ramification. Top performers are given zero recognition outside of the sales organization.
    - Laid off over 50 employees and then cut bonuses by 60% even in cases where they outperformed their peers and company performance was out of their control. Top performers will continue to leave if this is not rectified.
    - Employees are fired or reassigned without proper communication leaving employees begging the question "Am I next?" and "Will we ever achieve organizational stability?"
    - Zero focus on career development or new career opportunities.
    - Communication is very poor due to our soloed nature.
    - Morale is miserable due to people consistently working 60+ hours a week and resources continue to dwindle.

Advice to Management

Get the house in order. Create a corporate strategy so we know where we're headed and have that trickle down to the P&Ls. Come up with an organizational structure that supports that strategy. Stop firing people and not notifying their key stakeholders. Convey confidence in the next town hall so people know what we're building towards and want to stay. Know your resource gaps instead of continuing to push work downwards. There are only 168 hours in a week.

Decision Resources Group Response

Jul 26, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Hi, it’s Chris. I’m the COO of DRG. First, thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We read them all, and we take them – the positive and the negative – seriously.

Second... More

"Typical corporate disregard for quality"

I worked at Decision Resources Group part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work flexibility can apply depending on who your manager is

Cons

This company was bought by an Indian conglomerate and they recently fired the former congenial CEO to bring in a Harvard bean-counter to cut their way to profits. This is the mark of a company in peril. Morale has gone absolutely down the tubes since Sandler came in and started "disappearing" people. Naturally, the casualties have been the most knowledgeable and best-performing senior staffers, to be replaced by low-paid Indian knowledge workers with only book knowledge of the American health care system and twenty-somethings whose writing skills are so bad the editors have to rewrite much of their work. If this is not something you'd enjoy being a party to, run!

Advice to Management

Start giving a you-know-what about quality.

"A HORRIBLE place to work, avoid at all costs"

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much in the PRO's section

Cons

Low salary, CEO and Upper Management are brutally out of touch and do not care about the employee's. NO COMMUNICATION at all. They thrive on public degradation and humiliation while overlooking their glaring lack of competence and knowledge about this business, shortcomings and faults. They ONLY promote the least skilled employees who kiss the rear ends of those above them. So called "Managers" and "Team Leads" come in when they wish, take 2-3 hour lunches and leave early daily. This company has an incredibly Toxic Work Environment. The most skilled staff members are leaving in droves due to the overwhelming poor management all the way to the top. If you enjoy harassment, being publicly embarrassed, incompetence and toxic environment, then forge ahead. Otherwise look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATION PLEASE!!! Look at the attrition rate and the droves or great employees leaving. This used to be a great place to work. Now, it is out of control a veritable Corporate Circus with no competent ring leader. No communication, abusive non skilled "management", low salaries, zero morale. Maybe this is the way you want it, it sure is the way it currently is. Bring Jim back and turn this place away from the looming iceberg.

Decision Resources Group Response

Jul 7, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Hi, It’s Chris. I’m the COO of DRG. I was of two minds when I read your review. Part of me wants to respond with facts – like the fact that our voluntary attrition rate is low and hasn’t changed much... More

"Good"

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time

Pros

Fun people, interesting work mostly

Cons

Work becomes less interesting after a year, pay not as good as it can be