Decision Resources Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Decision Resources Group CEO Jon Sandler
Jon Sandler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Pay and work-life balance not the best (in 5 reviews)

• Senior management out of touch and sometimes displays bad behavior (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Director, Social Intelligence"

Current Employee - Director, Social Intelligence in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director, Social Intelligence in Boston, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm in my second year at DRG and am thoroughly enjoying the experience. I've worked at startups and for multi-national tech giants with over 100,000 employees and I love the balance that DRG provides in offering the opportunities that come with a global enterprise, while being nimble and embracing innovation. It's certainly a place where you can carve out your niche, collaborate with a variety of organizations and have the autonomy to do your best work. There is tremendous opportunity in this sector and DRG sits at the intersection of healthcare, technology and data. The CEO has an open-door policy, and is intentional in letting us know that. He leads with a high degree of integrity, empathy and vision. I’d highly recommend (and have recommended) DRG to others.

Cons

None to note based on my experience thus far

Advice to Management

Continue to drive "OneDRG," there is tremendous talent across organizations and by integrating our data assets together, we ultimately drive more value for the customer and deliver more comprehensive solutions to the market.

Decision Resources Group Response

Oct 8, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Hi, it’s Chris. Thank you! I’m glad your DRG experience is off to a great start.

I especially appreciate the point about an open-door policy. As a company expands, it inevitably gets harder to... More

"Analyst (DRGA)"

Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Engaging, varied work
    -Collaborative culture
    -Great opportunity to develop skills and gain increased responsibility
    -Smart, fun people
    -Great culture in Analytics

Cons

-Lack of clarity about career path development
    -At times hectic schedule, which results in minimal time to review deliverables before sending to clients
    -There have been a handful of instances where myself or other employees were expected to work extremely late(midnight or later) to finish work. This is fine every now and then but should be generally avoided to avoid employee burnout and encourage optimal work(this has been better recently once project managers were added)

Advice to Management

-Develop more senior leaders within Analytics and better disperse work so that senior employees do not take on a disproportionate amount of work
    -Do more to acknowledge the great people in DRGA and the efforts they put in
    -Stop referring to employees on projects as "assets". This feels impersonal and doesn't acknowledge the human side of work

Decision Resources Group Response

Jan 2, 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

Hi there. Thanks for the feedback and for all the hard work! I love all the “pros” you list. Now, to the cons… We are working on rolling out job families. You’ll have heard Jeanne talk about this in... More

"Hire Fire"

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only upside working at DRG was my coworkers. Fantastic, talented people with a lot to offer.

Cons

1. The lack of communication is staggering at the department level. Rather than share the common goals and strategies to better the business, upper management treats all information on a "need-to-know" basis and does not share much beyond what is needed to complete daily tasks. This makes it difficult for employees to understand the overall business and the goals thereof.
    2. The main philosophy of this organization is: hire young, pay them minimally, work them to death, and show them the door if anyone doesn't like it. Morale of the workforce is very low. They demand loyalty, yet show none.
    3. The employee evaluation process is useless. Rankings, raises, and bonuses really have nothing to do with performance. My manager admitted I met the criteria to be ranked a "5" (5 being the highest ranking), yet was ranked a "3" because corporate HR told them to rank everyone at that level. Very frustrating too work hard all year, meet and exceed goals, and get nothing for it.

Advice to Management

Change your philosophy regarding the treatment of employees. Give them credit and raises where it is due! Stop lying to your workers and give up the charade of evaluation process actually meaning something!

"not the best choice"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the products especially formulary is a market leader. Benefits are very good. the team leads and analysts are best of breed. HR tries hard.

Cons

Senior management out of touch and sometimes displays bad behavior. strategy unclear and ever changing.

Advice to Management

Bring in new leader to bring back the shine to DRG. we miss the better days

"new and uncertain"

Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Decision Resources Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good products as compared to the competition. Quality output from analysts. Good benefits and work locations. Many people work hard and are making a difference

Cons

senior team out of touch. culture is not always employee friendly and sometimes behavior from the top is not the best

Advice to Management

maybe time for a change?

"Great Benefits"

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time

Pros

The company benefits are great
    HR has a great cohesive vision for employees with community outreach and L&D

Cons

Lacking in industry understanding and a cohesive vision on how to bring their great products together.

"Broken Company"

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Continuing to ride their great reputation for providing insights (through product offerings) and primary market research within industry
    - Lots of potential, especially given the amount of data

Cons

- Lack of strategic vision and unclear path for company growth
    - Unable to retain quality talent, leading to the expectation that those remaining will make up for the work (mostly junior employees)
    - Lack of infrastructure and organization to build towards the company "vision"
    - Lack of experienced, management level folks
    - Broken culture where individuals must buy into the "system" or are pushed to the side
    - Lack of variety when it comes to projects types
    - Questionable practices to meet company goals

Advice to Management

- Shake up existing leadership and empower (and actually listen to) those who still have a spark (if there are any left)

"Anonymous"

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time

Pros

As of 2015 there are none to mention

Cons

Lack of vision truth and clarity. Management claims they are transparent but that couldn't be further from the truth. They ask there employee's to fabricate the Glass door ratings for the CEO and company, which should be illegal... company is now built on lies. The folks running DRG have not clue what the company stands for or what direction to go in.

Advice to Management

The company is no longer profitable because of its lack of regard and care for it's employee's. No opportunities. Stop taking 3 jobs and compacting them to 1 person. The belt is always tightened for no reason. Stop outsourcing to India and external providers. Keep and Hire good people treat them well and pay them well.
    Advice to shareholders. Move out most of the core management aside from Legal and CFO.. the rest are useless.

"Good products but losing its way"

I worked at Decision Resources Group full-time

Pros

Good products, interesting work in life sciences, good peer professionals

Cons

Management not capable of delivering the results sought by investors

Advice to Management

Quit

"Go as a last resort"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Decision Resources Group (More than a year)

Pros

There are still some great analysts here, and the consulting group is a better environment than the rest of the company.

Cons

The new leadership of DRG is a nightmare. They have little to no experience in the pharmaceutical industry, and lead only by forceful bullying, literally. They do seem to be aware of the obstacles to success, but utterly and completely unable to lead a turnaround of this sinking ship. I've never seen such a lack of leadership. Take a job here only as a temporary last resort and be prepared for public humiliations and relentless bullying from management.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't know what else can be said here. Management knows in general what a successful endgame looks like, but can't actually get the organization there because of the gross lack of leadership skills. Advice falls on deaf ears, so why bother.