Decision Toolbox Recruitment Partner Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sr. Recruitment Partner"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Partner in Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Partner in Lake Havasu City, AZ

Pros

I've been with Decision Toolbox for 12 years and I have to say this is the most amazing company I have ever worked for. We work virtual, I can pick and or decline what clients/projects I want to work with, and not be afraid of losing my job because I decided to not work on a particular project. We are giving great tools to be successful in our roles. We have a support team to help us at any time. I think the most amazing thing about Decision Toolbox is the freedom this company gives us to manage our own work schedule so we can have a better quality of work life balance. Our CEO Kim Sheppard is an amazing person to work for and an inspiration to all of us. Our founder, Jay Barnett is probably one of the smartest persons I know and is always trying to find new ways to make our jobs better. We are truly like a family!

Cons

This is not for everyone. You have to be able to be very self disciplined in order be successful in a virtual environment.

2. "I really found LIFE BALANCE at Decision Toolbox!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Partner
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Partner

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Before coming to DT, I had spent many years looking for work/life balance.  Being a wife, mom and career woman is not always easy.  The CEO here calls it LIFE balance, and it really is.  I have been here for 5 and a half years and still feel the same way.

Cons

The virtual environment is not for everyone. You have to be disciplined while you are working and you have to know when to walk away so that you maintain "life balance".

3. "Most amazing company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Partner in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Partner in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Decision Toolbox for 12 years, and I can honestly say it has been the BEST company I've ever worked for.
    I have the flexibility to work from home, earn a great income consistently year after year, and partner with the best leadership and co-workers in the world.
    I also have a tremendous list of clients who I am fortunate to work with.
    Our management team is always brainstorming for ways to increase business and help us succeed in our careers, while offering new ways for us to increase our compensation. We have weekly training sessions and "pod calls" with our peers to put our heads together and help to successfully fill our positions and increase our client base!
    Decision Toolbox has grown exponentially since I started working here, and we are now consistently winning award after award as one of the best virtual companies to work for in CA.
    I plan to stay until I retire, or for as long as they will have me!

Cons

Miss seeing my co-workers more often!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Recruitment Partner"

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time

Pros

Flexibility: create your own schedule. Pick and chose the clients/projects you would like to support.
    Virtual: work from home.
    You are encouraged to voice your opinion.
    Ability to make a great income if the right clients and business are there.
    ATS is built by the recruitment team over the years and the technology is fantastic.
    Company offers small company benefits but income potential for a Sr. Recruiter can make up for what is lacking on things like PTO.
    If you are disciplined to work from home, the time breakdown in your week can really work.

Cons

Use your own equipment, they provide you with a phone line and ATS. Phone technology is not the best. You'll need to have a good solid computer. You pay for your own home office expenses. Internet and cell phone are not paid by the company.

Pay is project based, it's a share pay out program OR you are paid hourly per project. If you don't fill a role, comp can be very low. Hourly work pay is fair.

Compensation is very cyclical, if it's slow, pay can drop substantially. There is a ramp up time to get started.

There's a draw against future pay if you don't make the minimum draw.

If you are not disciplined to work by yourself or get too distracted easily, likely not a good fit.
    For a Sr. Recruiter, to earn great pay, you have a manage a large workload and work over 40 hours a week to earn that.

Advice to Management

Offer Recruiters a salary that is not a recoverable draw.

Offer all PTO at the same rate and more time off. Compensate Recruiters when they fill in for others out on PTO.

Check the pulse of the culture more often.

"Amazing company to work for with super talented recruiters on staff"

Current Employee - Recruitment Partner in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Recruitment Partner in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Decision Toolbox (Less than a year)

Pros

Dedicated to customer AND employee satisfaction.
    Upper Management is amazing and continually goes out of their way to make you an integral part of the company.
    Out of the box thinking with a virtual workforce but yet they never lose the quality of work or employee dedication that can sometimes get lost when you don't have a boss at the end of the cubicles.
    Super sharp and talented team from Upper Management to Business Development to the recruiters to the IT team. Always working to be better, so complacency is never an issue.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do because you are the best!!!

6. "Recruitment Partner"

Current Employee - Recruitment Partner in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Partner in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get to work with a variety of companies. Get to set my own capacity. Have the support of encouraging project managers and leadership. Have the ability to boost my income based on performance. During All Staff meetings the entire team participates in dialog. I feel heard. You don't get that in most companies.

Cons

Recruiters are paid for performance rather than via a base. If that scares you then this is not the right fit for you. It's not commission based, but paid for each position. Stability comes when you work it.

Advice to Management

None. I'm grateful for the opportunity.

"The Best Place I've Ever Worked - Great People, Great Tools, Great Philosophy!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Partner

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At Decision Toolbox when leadership makes decisions and that information is shared and discussed if there are things that don't make sense they will take it back to the drawing board and do their best to make it right. That was shocking to me the first time I saw it happen and I loved it! I also love that I have control over how much I want to work and essentially how much money I want to make. To make six figures, working from home in my yoga pants is a pretty cool thing! The very best thing about DT is the culture and the people. The smallest wins are celebrated and when you make a hire just about everyone in the company sends you a note telling you Great Job - including the Founder and the CEO - it's pretty amazing!

Cons

Sometimes I push myself too hard and work too much - the paycheck is nice but it can be pretty stressful. Learning that sweet spot of work load is something that can take some time and the holidays can be difficult from a compensation standpoint unless you plan for it properly. DT is putting things in place to help make compensation more consistent during those times.

Advice to Management

I wish I could select what I want for my guaranteed amount based on what my average earnings look like because for me, I'd like it to be just a little bit higher than what it currently is.

"Good environment, limited potential"

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home
    Flexible Schedules
    Fun old ladies
    Great Technology

Cons

There is a lot of nepotism. There are about 15 sweet little ladies that do the majority of the production at DT. The all-staff meetings look like a curves convention. Not that they aren't really good recruiters, they just get assigned almost all of the production.

Advice to Management

Limit Growth, spread the work around.

"Limited income, Limited work"

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Recruitment Partner in Irvine, CA

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a work from home position so dress code is very relaxed.

There are some dynamic people that work with DT that I am grateful to have met.

Cons

Limited work. You are assigned positions and there are about 10 recruiters that make a good living and everyone else is just struggling to survive. They make a lot of promises that are not followed through on at all.

It is also a very female driven work environment. Women are clearly preferred as employees at DT.

Advice to Management

Limit your growth and distribute work better.

"Good place to learn recruiting."

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to work from home.

Cons

You can generate $250K in revenue and only make $65K. Other firms would pay $100K plus for that type of effort.