Cover image for Decisive Analytics Corporation

Decisive Analytics Corporation CEO Robert Olsen
Robert Olsen
0 Rating

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people, atmosphere and team oriented environment.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Good benefits.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

RIP a great small company

Feb 23, 2022 - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, culture, profit sharing, people

Cons

Public sector salary, but good for the public sector

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Greatly missed

Jun 21, 2021 - Division Manager in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

DAC was an incredible place to work. The technical work was the most interesting and challenging around, colleagues were exceptionally bright, and the small company feel was both warm and entrepreneurial.

Cons

Twice acquired, so no longer exists as an independent entity.

3. Join the Decisive Analytics Corporation team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Have Swagger

May 17, 2021 - Senior Systems Engineer in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good, this includes leave, pay, 401k, Good training company. Get in there learn what you can. If looking to move on you may need to leave

Cons

Not too many growth opportunities. You will be the role you get hired for. So have swagger, sit for3-4 years and get out.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Fantastic family

Jan 21, 2021 - Senior Project Control Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved working here. Interesting work and great coworkers!

Cons

No work life balance; some management has no value

6. 2.0

Good pay

Oct 5, 2020 - Customer Service
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good company and good pay.

Cons

Not much to complain about.

7. 5.0

Great Company

Oct 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been an employee for Decisive Analytics for several years. Working for Decisive Analytics has given me a lot of inspiration. I’ve been on jobs where I was searching for meaning, but from day one, Decisive Analytics has surrounded me with stress free environment and excelling opportunities, as a result, giving me great leadership and an occupation in which I can believe in. Furthermore, with the skill sets I possess, Decisive Analytics has given me the opportunity to make a difference with team leads who inspires me daily to communicate my visions and feedback. One of the greatest attributes of Decisive Analytics, the company takes a genuine interest in people as individuals. Leadership takes the time to talk to their employees about their hopes, dreams, and interests. Leadership will encourage employees to change jobs if they must or seek out positions within or outside the company that best suits their passion and skills.

Cons

I wish I lived closer to the company to decrease my commute time

Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for the great feedback! We are so glad you are inspired as a DAC employee and that you see that the company’s leadership is genuinely interested in employees as individuals! We are glad you are on the DAC team!

8. 5.0

Best company I've worked for

Oct 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

DAC is the best company I've worked for. Their employees are smart, dedicated, and caring. The company is employee-owned and everyone is committed to helping each other succeed and work as a team. Work-life balance is great with flexible hours. There are several social events to celebrate our success and you feel valued as an employee. Because of the small size of the company, you're able to work on several projects in different areas allowing for variety as well as professional growth.

Cons

Typical woes of being a government contractor and having to rely on winning contracts for work. Nothing unusual for the industry. Also, because of the size of the company, there is little room for upward mobility unless someone above you moves on. You'll learn a lot in your job and be rewarded for your hard work, but it's not really suited for "climbing the ladder" if that's important to you

Manager, Human Resources

Wow, we are so glad to hear DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is the best company you have ever worked for and that you feel valued as an employee! What a great compliment to our employee-owned company! You are right, we are committed to helping each other succeed on the DAC team. Thanks for your feedback!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company!

Oct 20, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for, amazing benefits, phenomenal work-life balance program. Employees are treated very well and supported in nearly every way. All opinions are heard and considered and all books are open - and no questions remain unanswered.

Cons

The same thing that sometimes handicaps all smaller companies also exists at Decisive Analytics. While there are some advancement potential - many positions do not have additional ladders on the career ladder available - its not a con per se - but its just the nature of smaller organizations that do not require lots of management layers which limits upward mobility.

Manager, Human Resources

We are happy to know you feel employees are treated very well and are supported at DECISIVE ANALYTICS! Small companies do face challenges regarding career ladders, and we aim to provide unique opportunities for growth and development in each role. We will share your advice to Management with the leadership team!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing company to work for

Sep 11, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have fair pay, they are a highly rated company, and the benefits are extraordinary! This company has been everything they committed to through the hiring process

Cons

It is a small company, and the room for increased position and/or pay is extremely dependent on what contract they win. With the government being their top contract they are directly subject to the governments lack of budget management.

1 person found this review helpful

Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. During a time when many companies face cutting benefits, DECISIVE ANALYTICS goes to great lengths to try and preserve and maintain its outstanding employee benefits package. We endeavor to continually grow our broad contract base across multiple locations which should minimize the risks associated with contract work that all Government contractors face. With DECISIVE ANALYTICS locations across the country, we understand the need for employees to feel connected. We bring employees together for annual training meetings for team building, training and professional collaboration. We encourage open door communication, and welcome employee suggestions for improvements. Employees may contact Human Resources and/or their Managers with suggestions or concerns at anytime. Thank you again for your feedback and suggestions.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Be Heard

Jul 10, 2014 - Systems Engineer in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They try very hard to make you feel welcome and part of the company. I had a strong sense that people were listening to me and paying attention. I felt very "empowered" and appreciated.

Cons

Some work is direct for customers at their location. You feel robbed because you are at the crummy customer location with the bosses who aren't as good as the DAC bosses.

Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know you felt empowered and appreciated! We definitely want our employees to be heard here at DECISIVE ANALYTICS. We recognize everyone has different backgrounds, experiences and preferences and want everyone to feel considered at company events. We routinely coordinate with our employees and catering companies to provide Kosher meals or special meals to accommodate dietary restrictions. We do appreciate your feedback and have shared it with management so that we may be more mindful at future company events.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews
</>Embed

Decisive Analytics Corporation Reviews FAQs

Decisive Analytics Corporation has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 44 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Decisive Analytics Corporation to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Decisive Analytics Corporation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Decisive Analytics Corporation. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

96% of Decisive Analytics Corporation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Decisive Analytics Corporation 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Decisive Analytics Corporation to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, compensation, senior leadership.