Decisive Analytics Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John S. Donnellon

1. Featured Review

"Most innovative company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Decisive Analytics Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You are offered the opportunity to develop the most innovative technologies across many areas. Junior hires (and even interns) work on some of the most difficult problems from day one. The team is highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary. Employees owners have the opportunity to work on many projects and work on the most in-demand technology areas: cloud computing, big data analytics, natural language processing, and image/video processing. To stay on top of the latest in academia, the company regularly partners with some of the best universities and academics in the world. Employees owners are encouraged to submit their results to the best conferences (i.e., ACL, CVPR, CHI) and, if accepted, will pay for you to attend and present. Everyone is encouraged to generate new ideas and submit them through a proposal process to get funding to build solutions.

In addition to the technical pros, the company has an "open-book" policy where the financial details of the company are shared with everyone. The CEO is frank and honest with employees and has an open door policy. Problems are dealt with head on.

Cons

You will be asked to split your time across more than one (sometimes several) projects at once. For those that desire to work on one big project this can be challenging. Due to the nature of the work, there is a nearly continuous proposal cycle although those that participate (and especially succeed) are rewarded. Because it is difficult to find the right people to do this work there are bursts where work-life balance is a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue streamlining processes- software development, proposal writing, collaboration, etc. As the company grows do not let the typical bureaucracies that plague large companies and stifle innovation creep in.

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Decisive Analytics Corporation full-time

Pros

I have been an employee for Decisive Analytics for several years. Working for Decisive Analytics has given me a lot of inspiration. I’ve been on jobs where I was searching for meaning, but from day one, Decisive Analytics has surrounded me with stress free environment and excelling opportunities, as a result, giving me great leadership and an occupation in which I can believe in. Furthermore, with the skill sets I possess, Decisive Analytics has given me the opportunity to make a difference with team leads who inspires me daily to communicate my visions and feedback. One of the greatest attributes of Decisive Analytics, the company takes a genuine interest in people as individuals. Leadership takes the time to talk to their employees about their hopes, dreams, and interests. Leadership will encourage employees to change jobs if they must or seek out positions within or outside the company that best suits their passion and skills.

Cons

I wish I lived closer to the company to decrease my commute time

Advice to Management

Increase Tuition Reimbursement

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for the great feedback! We are so glad you are inspired as a DAC employee and that you see that the company’s leadership is genuinely interested in employees as individuals! We are glad ... More

3. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Decisive Analytics Corporation full-time

Pros

Decisive Analytics has maintained a great small company culture throughout it's 20 years. Management is dedicated to both customer and employee satisfaction while having some fun in the process!

Cons

When working for a government contractor, there is always a chance that you could lose a contract and therefore lose your position. However, we do a great job at trying to place employees in other roles.

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback! You have perfectly captured how we do things ‘the DAC way” in your review!

5. "Great company"

I have been working at Decisive Analytics Corporation full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance, employee-owned, great atmosphere and environment.

Cons

Nothing specific comes to mind.

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

Thanks for the positive feedback!

6. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Pros

Decisive Analytics is an amazing company to work for. They really care about their employees and it truly feels like a family. The benefits are amazing but it's all the other "little things" they do for their employees that make a huge difference.

Cons

There are really no cons.

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

We are glad you enjoy being part of the DECISIVE ANALYTICS family!

7. "Best company I've worked for"

I have been working at Decisive Analytics Corporation full-time

Pros

DAC is the best company I've worked for. Their employees are smart, dedicated, and caring. The company is employee-owned and everyone is committed to helping each other succeed and work as a team. Work-life balance is great with flexible hours. There are several social events to celebrate our success and you feel valued as an employee. Because of the small size of the company, you're able to work on several projects in different areas allowing for variety as well as professional growth.

Cons

Typical woes of being a government contractor and having to rely on winning contracts for work. Nothing unusual for the industry. Also, because of the size of the company, there is little room for upward mobility unless someone above you moves on. You'll learn a lot in your job and be rewarded for your hard work, but it's not really suited for "climbing the ladder" if that's important to you

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees and doing great work

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

Wow, we are so glad to hear DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is the best company you have ever worked for and that you feel valued as an employee! What a great compliment to our employee-owned ... More

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

Great people, great company to work for. Work is challenging and rewarding. Growing company, but has maintained small company feel.

Cons

As a growing small-medium size company, the industry can be challenging.

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for your review and for your long-term service! We are glad you like our small-company feeling, which we believe helps set us apart!

9. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Decisive Analytics Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, amazing benefits, phenomenal work-life balance program. Employees are treated very well and supported in nearly every way. All opinions are heard and considered and all books are open - and no questions remain unanswered.

Cons

The same thing that sometimes handicaps all smaller companies also exists at Decisive Analytics. While there are some advancement potential - many positions do not have additional ladders on the career ladder available - its not a con per se - but its just the nature of smaller organizations that do not require lots of management layers which limits upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Remap the plan to achieve the vision, better train and empower employees to make knowledgeable educated capture management decisions.

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

We are happy to know you feel employees are treated very well and are supported at DECISIVE ANALYTICS! Small companies do face challenges regarding career ladders, and we aim to provide unique ... More

10. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Decisive Analytics Corporation full-time

Pros

Decisive Analytics is a wonderful company to work for! Great people, atmosphere and team oriented environment. This really makes a huge difference!

Cons

It is harder to make your way up the ladder because it is a small but growing business.

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We agree, DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is a wonderful company and we are glad you are on our team! We understand your comment on it being harder to make your way up ... More

11. "Great Place to Work!"

Pros

One of the best companies I've worked for. Major pros: Annual Team Building Trips, where the company would pay for employee room and flights, provided allowances sometimes during our stay. Company annual holiday parties were always a blast. All around great environment between their values, how to treat their employees, etc.

Cons

I would say, maybe pay... but it's been a while since I've been with the company and this could have improved. They definitely made up for it with other perks, but I can't think of anything else.

Oct 28, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We are glad to know that when you look back on your time with DECISIVE ANALYTICS, you consider it one of the best companies you have ever worked for!