Decore-ative Specialties Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Jack Lansford Sr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Really hot but good people"

I have been working at Decore-ative Specialties full-time

Pros

As many hours as you want

Cons

Always really hot and high turnover

Advice to Management

Get air conditioning

"Roots are changing - management is disconnected. Profits over people!"

Current Employee - Manager in Monrovia, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Monrovia, CA

I have been working at Decore-ative Specialties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good place to start an entry level career but no hope for growth. It pays the bills and does nothing more.

Cons

The company has lost its family roots of being family orientated. It thrives on profits and runs the plants and office based on metrics. Decore harps on people centric and entre-leadership practices but their ego's get in the way of driving the business by people first. Male driven sales force for years and will continue to be so as management is bias towards women in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Outside of the gate everyone is equal. Treat people the way everyone deserves to be treated. Titles bury companies and decore needs to trust their employees. Continuous improvement is a model based on people driving changes and not upper management having predetermined deliverable outcomes. Production workers deserve more than .25 cents yearly raises, they're the companies number #1 investment. Having a roach coach for a Christmas party is not tradition.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC

I worked at Decore-ative Specialties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary was good, I guess. It was a lot of hours and weekends though. The people working for and with me were some of the best in my career.

Cons

You've read the reviews. No matter what level you are at there is a complete and total lack of leadership. Clowns.

Advice to Management

No use. Never listen. Quit.

4. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Monroe, NC
    Former Employee - Manager in Monroe, NC

I worked at Decore-ative Specialties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decore is a family own business! The executive management care for the employees! Worked there for 14 years, they gave me opportunities I would have not gotten anywhere else. I am who I am today because of them. Employees has a lot of potential for growing with the organization! You just have to work hard at it. They love commitment and loyalty. Owners are awesome very down to earth individuals with a awesome heart! Very grateful I was part of the family of Decore.

Cons

Turnover has been an issue, but they had work very hard to correct it. I learned a lot by being part of the project to minimize turnover. The commitment to the employees would help them to get there!

Advice to Management

Continue with the training. Avoid making the same mistake over and over! It can be frustrated to your team! Stay focus on the straight line and stop going over same circle. Stay consistent!

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Monroe, NC
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Monroe, NC

I worked at Decore-ative Specialties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's hard to think about pros there is definitely some hard workers in the Monroe Plant so the people there is the Pros

Cons

This plant is mismanaged, the upper management doesn't care about your home / work balance there is sometimes a 1 day lead time on orders which means rushed products this place is not a good company to work for

Advice to Management

If you want to be "employer of choice" time to get rid of some of the management people that have no clue how to run their job or manage.

"Stay Away"

Pros

The pros are simple a paycheck and lots of overtime foeven when you don't want it some weeks you will still get a lot

Cons

It seems that this place is being ran by people who've never managed anything long hours no work / life balance and they don't care for employees occasionally they will give you a meal and act like that makes up for everything it doesn't

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach because honestly walking around and hanging out in offices all day doesn't equal hard work

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I worked at Decore-ative Specialties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with great benefits. Always took care of me and stood behind me as an employee. Empowered me to make decisions.

Cons

The pay was not the highest in the industry, but the check always cashed. To some degree there was a ceiling with how much advancement was offered under old management. Under new management, the was much more opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep providing opportunity for advancement and look at increasing salaries.

"worst place ever"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Monroe, NC
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Monroe, NC

I worked at Decore-ative Specialties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the people are real nice. the workers in the plant really help you becasue they really need help too. theres not any more good things about the company

Cons

The leads run the place but the managers get the credit. all the managers act like they understand how hard it is but they dont really know. if they did know, changes dont come. the hours are the worst. no life becasue your life has to be work. from early morning until they say you can go.

Advice to Management

Make the big bosses work in the plant for a week. let them see the bad it is. i got a really good sales pitch to work there and regretted it in a week. I worked there longer becasue i couldnt find another job right away becasue i had to work so many hours. then you get in trouble becasue you need time off. face it, this is the worst place ever and you really dont care. but i bet you make big money so maybe if i was in your shoes i would do the same. but i don't so. if you want to make a change, make it.

"Good Place"

I have been working at Decore-ative Specialties full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leaders are committed to changing the current state to make Decore a more desireable place to work.

Cons

Training leads to turnover, turnover leads to problems.

10. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Production Manager in Monroe, NC
    Current Employee - Production Manager in Monroe, NC

I have been working at Decore-ative Specialties full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management cares about its employees and their personal growth. Family setting. Very professional on the shop floor.

Cons

Could look at the pay

Advice to Management

n/a