Cover image for Decorilla

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Start

Oct 1, 2021 - Designer in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company for start your design career.

Cons

You can control your workflow which can be tricky to create an steady income.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

They never give you projects

Jul 25, 2022 - Interior Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Completely work from home job

Cons

- You have to compete with other designers to get the job. If the client doesn't choose you, all the time spent on the concept design will be lost. - They say the payment is good but since I've been accepted as a designer I didn't even have the opportunity to complete a paid project, only the first project they request you to do for free as "practice". Not recommended if you actually want to get money, there aren't enough projects for all the designers that work there online.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Decorilla team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best opportunity as a independent contractor in design!

Mar 8, 2019 - Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Decorilla I believe since they started 5 or 6 years ago? It has truly been a rewarding job for me. I would say I am part time as I also run a small design business of my own but I work full time hours for Decorilla. To date I have worked on at least 130+ projects as a designer for Decorilla and they just keep coming in. In the two years or so it is very clear how popular and awesome this company is and is growing as I am usually sent AT LEAST 3 projects a week now! The clientele is growing rapidly! (I wish I had the time to say yes to ALL of them!) As long as the project you're working on is running smoothly and at a good pace then the pay is totally worth the hours and time put into it. This company has helped me keep a steady income throughout my years working independently. Couldn't be happier being a part of of this team!

Cons

Sometimes when having too many projects going at once it is hard to set time limits for myself because I just want to keep working and reply quickly to every client. So it can be hard at times to balance life with the hours you put in when having multiple projects going. So I would say for any future employees to let yourself have time limits in a day, get some sleep and respond tomorrow.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Five stars isn't enough!

Mar 13, 2019 - Interior Designer + Blogger in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working for Decorilla for about 5 years and I have loved every minute of it! The admin side of the company is so organized and always there to help with any questions I may have. They've always kept me busy with a great amount of client projects and I've met some incredible people through this company! I love the Decorilla collection and the discounts we're able to pass down to our clients. A freelance interior designer can't ask for much more!

Cons

It's easy to overload your plate with too many projects at one time. Make sure you're able to spend quality time on each and every project and not get too overambitious. It's tempting to say yes to every project sent your way, but I've learned to know that they would rather you turn a project down than do a half effort job!

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Interior Designer

Aug 7, 2017 - Interior Designer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- It's extremely rare to find a company where the managers go above and beyond for their employees. This is one of those companies.

Cons

- It's a smaller company

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Inspiring Company

May 30, 2018 - Sales Manager in Marion, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity for working from home. Leadership is inspiring and influence change by modeling the behaviors they want to see in their team and encourage them to follow. Remarkable team, effective and smart people that value each other and promote teamwork. Excellent and constant training.

Cons

Nothing I can think of now.

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Interior Designer

May 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has great positive energy and helpful people. I have grown a lot during my time at Decorilla and feel that I couldn't have done it without them.

Cons

They don't have an office in my city

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0

Great Company

May 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work part-time for Decorilla and have really enjoyed working with everyone there. Great energy starting from the top and going all the way through. Also, I have been able to learn quite a bit about the online interior design process while with them in addition to doing a variety of interior design projects. If you want to do virtual design work for a company that actually does interior design and not just decorating, and deal with clients that understand you're the expert, then Decorilla is probably where you want to look.

Cons

There are no real major cons.

7 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0

Scam

May 11, 2018 - Interior Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is easy to be accepted

Cons

After they accept you, their guidebook says "Designers may be asked to complete one free project for promotions with design/media publications," but they actually ask you to do one free project right away as a "test" (after they accept you). There are not many jobs, and this is probably why. They probably just have new recruits do all the work they get in for free.

11 people found this review helpful
  11. 1.0
    Former Employee

Ripping off Clients and Designers

Jun 21, 2022 - Interior Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pose themselves as if they are giving discounts to clients but in fact they are getting huge commissions from vendors and force their designers to select furniture from them. Also they get 40 % of the design fee from designers which is very very unfair.

Cons

They could offer incentives to designers and be fair with clients by not ripping them off in the name of discounts. Decorilla gets huge discounts from vendors but share a small part of it with client and no share with designers. Beaware its a scam to rob you, kind of a day light robbery.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews
</>Embed

Decorilla Reviews FAQs

Decorilla has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Decorilla to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Decorilla employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Decorilla. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

85% of Decorilla employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Decorilla 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Decorilla to be senior leadership, management, career development and the cons to be workplace .

Popular Careers with Decorilla Job Seekers