Decorilla Reviews | Glassdoor

Decorilla Reviews

Updated Oct 3, 2019

4.4
  1. "best E Design company"

Current Contractor - Interior Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Decorilla for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, supportive staff. Not only do you receive virtual projects but they offer traditional in home consultations, in which you get paid for. Not many E design services offer in-home. You can even charge the project however you feel fit with the home consults!

Cons

sometimes projects comes far inbetween. The longest time without offering a project was 2 months. So 2 months of no work. But when work does come in, in comes in bundles.

Advice to Management

Increase prices of design projects so designers can all get paid for submitting a moodboard.

Decorilla2019-10-02
  2. "Constantly fighting to get paid."

Current Contractor - Freelance Designer

I have been working at Decorilla for less than a year

Pros

Get some good portfolio pieces

Cons

Very few project opportunities When the company runs promotions they make the designers take the financial hit, not the company. Meaning we get sent very low payouts. If a client doesn't like their work (cause there's always those people) then Decorilla won't pay you for the project. They will try to pay out a small partial payment regardless of how much work was done. I know of no other contract based... company that does this.

Advice to Management

Pay you designers for their work.

Decorilla2019-08-14

"Best opportunity as a independent contractor in design!"

Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at Decorilla full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working for Decorilla I believe since they started 5 or 6 years ago? It has truly been a rewarding job for me. I would say I am part time as I also run a small design business of my own but I work full time hours for Decorilla. To date I have worked on at least 130+ projects as a designer for Decorilla and they just keep coming in. In the two years or so it is very clear how popular and awesome this... company is and is growing as I am usually sent AT LEAST 3 projects a week now! The clientele is growing rapidly! (I wish I had the time to say yes to ALL of them!) As long as the project you're working on is running smoothly and at a good pace then the pay is totally worth the hours and time put into it. This company has helped me keep a steady income throughout my years working independently. Couldn't be happier being a part of of this team!

Cons

Sometimes when having too many projects going at once it is hard to set time limits for myself because I just want to keep working and reply quickly to every client. So it can be hard at times to balance life with the hours you put in when having multiple projects going. So I would say for any future employees to let yourself have time limits in a day, get some sleep and respond tomorrow.

Advice to Management

It is a very supportive and collaborative group of people working for this company! Just keep doing what you are doing!

Decorilla2019-03-08
  4. "Five stars isn't enough!"

Current Employee - Interior Designer + Blogger in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Decorilla full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been working for Decorilla for about 5 years and I have loved every minute of it! The admin side of the company is so organized and always there to help with any questions I may have. They've always kept me busy with a great amount of client projects and I've met some incredible people through this company! I love the Decorilla collection and the discounts we're able to pass down to our clients. A freelance... interior designer can't ask for much more!

Cons

It's easy to overload your plate with too many projects at one time. Make sure you're able to spend quality time on each and every project and not get too overambitious. It's tempting to say yes to every project sent your way, but I've learned to know that they would rather you turn a project down than do a half effort job!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Thank you for creating such a wonderful workplace and community of designers.

Decorilla2019-03-13

"Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Interior Designer

I have been working at Decorilla full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for Decorilla for a little less than a year and it has been one of the best experiences of my life. Our support team is the absolute best, quick to answer any questions and help with anything. I've had the most amazing clients and projects. I do work that I'm proud of and that pushes me to grow creatively. The work is always fun and interesting as we get to do both moodboards and renderings for... every project. I have grown more as a designer in my time with Decorilla than I ever would trying to find clients on my own. I stay consistently busy but have freedom with my time if I need. I make a really great income on a consistent, regular basis. I think we are the best online design company with the best process and the most talented designers. I can't say enough positive things about my time with Decorilla.

Cons

I have no cons. My best advice would be to allow the work to push you creatively to become a better designer with each project and you will grow and be successful.

Decorilla2019-03-08
  6. "Working for Decorilla as a designer - 2 years and running!"

Current Contractor - Designer (Gold Level) in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Decorilla for more than a year

Pros

I love working with Decorilla as an online platform - the opportunities they have brought me with fantastic clients has been career changing. They are supportive, friendly, always make time to listen to my concerns/ideas - even when I know there must be a lot of other people and things coming their way! :) The purchasing team has always been great, tracking projects and really "knowing" the clients. I have built a... name for myself within Decorilla and am excited to stay onboard for as long as I possibly can! I have no intention of leaving, their opportunities for flexible work is fantastic.

Cons

You need to be a responsible, self-motivated, hard working designer. It is your job to follow through, stay on track, keep budgets, source good items... they really TRUST their designers which is awesome! (Nothing feels worse than being undermined creatively) but that said, it's not for the faint of heart because we don't want unhappy clients!! It pains me to hear about/inherit projects that have had a designer... totally fail at deliverables. My only "con" is that they maybe need to be careful vetting Designers who want to on-board, and really limit them to the brackets of Bronze, Silver and Gold with perhaps Performance Reviews before allowing them to move on to a new bracket. I'd love to see more Designer training so we are on the same page. :)

Advice to Management

I would love to see some career growth opportunities - even if we have to pay for them, let's figure out a meeting site for a training seminar! LA, San Diego, somewhere west coast preferably (I feel like the majority of designers are over here?!) I think some more consistent designer-training would help a lot, I'm willing to help out in that capacity if you have the space for it within Management.

Decorilla2019-03-08
  7. "Amazing Virtual Design Company"

Current Freelancer - Interior Designer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Decorilla for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible Schedule -Amazing 3D Renderings -SUPER helpful admin staff (seriously even late at night and weekends) -Pretty consistent work flow

Cons

-If renderings were included -Nothing really!

Decorilla2019-03-09

"Interior Designer/ Draftperson"

Former Intern - /Draftperson in New York, NY

I worked at Decorilla for more than a year

Pros

It is a high quality interior design firm, with a simple but useful platform to help customers get what they want. It counts with designers highly prepared that will make sure you get the best.

Cons

I consider the company itself is really good, but I would like it to expand and cover more areas and perhaps have a physical established office.

Advice to Management

I believe the company's management works well

Decorilla2018-08-23

"Inspiring Company"

Sales Manager in Marion, IN

I have been working at Decorilla for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for working from home. Leadership is inspiring and influence change by modeling the behaviors they want to see in their team and encourage them to follow. Remarkable team, effective and smart people that value each other and promote teamwork. Excellent and constant training.

Cons

Nothing I can think of now.

Decorilla2018-05-30

"Interior Designer"

I have been working at Decorilla part-time

Pros

The company has great positive energy and helpful people. I have grown a lot during my time at Decorilla and feel that I couldn't have done it without them.

Cons

They don't have an office in my city

Decorilla2018-05-28