Decron Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 56 reviews

4.0
Decron Properties CEO David J Nagel
David J Nagel
Pros
  • "Opportunities to grow and move up with in the company(in 2 reviews)

• "Everyone from senior leadership, to accounting, and everyone in between is extremely helpful and supportive(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Need competitive salaries, better bonus structure(in 4 reviews)

• "Very little support from upper management for retaining current residents and providing support to current residents when they have legitimate issues(in 3 reviews)

1. "Words cannot express my gratitude!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Decron Properties full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Where do I start........I came from a very large property management company where I felt like a number as to an employee. Here at Decron, I feel valued. I feel that the company appreciates me at a level I have yet to experience from any other company. The CEO Mr. David Nagel is absolutely amazing! I'm not worried or stressed when he comes to visit the property. Mr. Nagel is so welcoming, unlike other CEOs who can come...

Cons

I don't have any real cons..............other than CRM. I used Onsite in the past and that system is much more efficient.

Advice to Management

Maybe consider giving out more than just one award to Assistant managers. At the company Christmas party they gave out awards to all categories of employees which was nice. However, when it came to Assistant Managers they only gave out one award for all Assistant whereas most other positions in the company were given out multiple awards based on size of the properties.

"Community Manager"

I have been working at Decron Properties full-time

Pros

Team members work closely together to accomplish everything.

Cons

They do not pay well at all and expect you to do everything under the sun. It’s sad when your Managers struggle financially and couldn’t afford to even live onsite for the property they manage without the discounted rent. Additionally, they refuse to provide security for properties that have issues with crime. Very little support from upper management for retaining current residents and providing support to current...

3. "Great Company to work for!"

I have been working at Decron Properties full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great culture and growth opportunities!

Cons

None that I can think of!

4. "Nothing but love for my job!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Decron Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Simply put, the people. Everyone from senior leadership, to accounting, and everyone in between is extremely helpful and supportive. My list of pros could go on and on, but I think what stands out the most is that I feel extremely valued. To have the owner himself tell you how appreciative he is of your work is something far greater than a high salary. Benefits are fantastic and affordable for my family of 4.

Cons

Any property going through a renovation will have some hiccups but as long as the lines of communication are kept open and there is an genuine willingness to work together with your project manager then everything runs smoothly. I firmly believe your job is what you make of it and if you’re a strong leader who implements systems to ensure efficiency all around, then hiccups of any kind will be minimal.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. As a fairly new employee, I can already see that leadership recognizes its employees as it’s greatest asset.

5. "Regional Service Manager"

Current Employee - Regonal Service Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Decron Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have started with the company just at the right time. We are in the process of growth and development within the company and there is quite bit of opportunity to contribute to the changes. Very exciting time!

Cons

Nothing really at the moment.

Advice to Management

Please keep moving in the direction to enhance the development of the company and when the valleys appear always look up :).

6. "Leasing Consultant"

I have been working at Decron Properties full-time

Pros

Whole team is great! Very helpful with training!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say!

7. "Growing"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Chino Hills, CA

I have been working at Decron Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

I greatly appreciate the resources and trainings provided to me. Which enhance my growth, in being able to raise my communication skills to a higher level. with assisting me to focus not only on clerical aspects of my duties yet being mindful to the human element of my position.

Cons

No one job, position, or company is perfect. However, for me I am able to work with various individuals who each day assist me in learning more about this career path I have chosen. I am able to take pieces of each of my interactions and decide how to either grow, learn, or not repeat that action. in

Advice to Management

I can’t really offer any advice at this time. In the time I have been with the company I have been able to really adapt to circumstances in a positive way. I know that that is primarily due to the support given to me by upper management not only at the corporate level, yet also on the same and immediately above level. Your peers are family, and you are a important part of the Decron Family

8. "Forward Moving Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Decron Properties full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Promotes from within, Constantly expanding, & Full of opportunities to grow your skills and experience.

Cons

Sometimes slow in response to employee needs and not good at training new employees

Advice to Management

Need a management training packet or program for helping equip new employees for success. Many need a week or two of dedicated onsite training in order to learn the Decron way- beyond orientation and a link to some videos.

9. "Summer Internship"

I worked at Decron Properties full-time

Pros

Great learning experience for people willing to learn.

Cons

was not there long enough to see any real cons.

"Still Growing-Still Building-Still Learning"

I have been working at Decron Properties full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Decron is family run. Employees are actually persons with names not just employee numbers and locations. Decron executives actively listen and ask for feedback from all team members. The renovations at the sites are top dollar. The CM's and MS's are invited to be present during all stages of the projects and their input or suggestions are considered and used at times. Decron is always willing to advance and test new...

Cons

Decron is still growing, Accounting Department is too small to handle the flow from the current sites. An accounting overhaul is needed prior to adding more sites. Construction Department has been less than friendly or helpful to site teams and don't embrace the One Team One Decron mission statement.

Advice to Management

Accounting Department needs to expand and should be 1 A/P and 1 A/R per every 4 -6 entities only. Construction Dept. needs to embrace the One Team, One Decron way. They are experts in their field and sometimes we people on site want to ask a question because they are well versed in construction, but we wont because they are not approachable.

Found 56 reviews