Deffenbaugh Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "SUCKS!"

Former Employee - Rolloff Driver in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Rolloff Driver in Kansas City, KS

Pros

The money was pretty good.

Cons

The management dosent care about you or your family and they treat the drivers like they are a number and not a person with family!

Advice to Management

go suck an egg!

2. "NOPE"

Former Employee - Office in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Office in Kansas City, KS

Pros

A lot of the people are really great and just want to do a good job and make an honest living.

Cons

Management and pay. I worked there four years and did not receive a salary increase at all. The turn over is extremely high because they won't pay anything. The shop employees hadn't received raises in 5+ years so the company spent $50K remodeling the shop bathroom.

The upper management is by far the most corrupt, crooked, pompous group of people I have ever encountered. The CEO uses Deffenbaugh security to guard his home. How about this, how about not being a jerk and maybe you won't feel so threatened? A lot of upper management go to lunch EVERY DAY on the company dime. Two very high ranking members of upper management spend about three hours a day smoking outside.

Sexual harassment runs rampant. A lot of managers hire young "attractive" ladies who don't last very long due to this. A lot of intercompany relationships that are extremely inappropriate. Inappropriate and uninvited comments and remarks are made, even from managers.

No one cares about the employees. I heard many managers talk down and degrade the drivers and make fun of them behind their backs.

Advice to Management

Get over your "Good ole boys club" and your politics and ego. You are to blame for the mess you have created so change what you are doing.

"Waste Management dissects a good company following aquisistion."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Pros

The only positive is the benefits.

Cons

Arrogant, fake, and unimpressive management!

Advice to Management

Some would be a better fit in the fast food industry.

"Take This Job and Shove IT!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Deffenbaugh Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have none at all!!!!

Cons

No raises, no reviews, no room for advancement

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees.

"Horrible upper management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Deffenbaugh Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I worked there it was very competitive pay, but I think that has since changed. My peers were great to work with.

Cons

Upper management takes their employees for granted. I was in sales and was WAY above my goals EVERY month, and they still laid me off and most the other sales team. If someone else was not hitting their goal and they wanted to minimize my position, why wouldn't they offer me a different position to replace someone that was not performing? Who knows what they were thinking. I felt bad, because the manager that had to do all the lay offs and (some) firings, got fired after he did all the dirty work. This company has no respect for their employees at all!

Advice to Management

Keep your employees that are working hard and exceeding their goals. If they are in sales and exceeding your goals, that must mean that they are making you money. Simple concept.

6. "Liquor required."

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Deffenbaugh Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people I work with are amazing (can't understand why they are still working here..).

Cons

Unless you like to brown nose, this is not the place for you. They have unrealistic expectations for the drivers and the dispatchers. If the drivers refuse to do a box for safety reasons, they will get fired on the spot. On the flip side, if the drivers get caught by the secret driver doing something out of safety regulation, they will get fired on the spot. We are so short drivers, we can't keep up with our customers. So for a solution, the sales team has started putting "turn and response" times on every single box. If the drivers don't get fired, they quit from over exhaustion and frustration. No matter what this company does to get drivers in the door to hire, nothing works. No one will apply because Deffenbaugh has created a monster of a reputation.

Heed my warning: Stay Away! This company is imploding in on itself!! Our customers are dropping like flies.

Advice to Management

When not one employee is happy with their job and has indirectly been told that they are replaceable, there has to be a common denominator.. That would be management.

This job is a very very simple job. But when management "thinks up" new ways of doing things on a daily basis, it makes this job impossible. I'm all for flexibility and innovation, but when you get in trouble every single day for trying to do what they want you to do based on the day before.. It give you a reason to drink every single night.

7. "Lack of good leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Deffenbaugh Industries full-time

Pros

Hard working people. The waste industry is a stable one. good starting pay, on-site health clinic. Occasional meals or other perks for employees.

Cons

The company offers no raises, no 401k match, and there is a culture of intimidation & fear that comes from the very top. The company hasn't figured out that in order to keep good people, you have to treat them fairly.

Advice to Management

Just treat your people fairly and they will stick around.

8. "No room for advancement."

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Deffenbaugh Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady work and busy pace

Cons

No room for advancement. No pay increase

9. "Waste of time."

I have been working at Deffenbaugh Industries full-time

Pros

Good starting wage. No opportunity for advancement or raise.

Cons

Nothing promised in their interview was upheld.

10. "Bad place to work. Very, very bad place!"

Pros

None. This job is for desperate people who need a weekly check of peanuts to eat.

Cons

Thankless and dirty job. Very low pay with no chance of raises. Offers benefits employees can't afford. Management is clueless.

Advice to Management

Stay out of the strip clubs and pay more attention to employee complaints and needs.