Defiance Metal Products Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Heber Springs, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Heber Springs, AR

I worked at Defiance Metal Products full-time

Pros

Good co-workers to work with. Benefits are good.

Cons

No A/C in summer or heat in winter is a big drawback. Working conditions are horrible. Need tool replacement good luck have to wait awhile 2-3 months and they wonder why parts are not up to par at inspection.

Advice to Management

Get new tools as needed. Helps speed up production and pass inspection. Mistake of moving weld shop should kept them in enclosed area where it was. Now can't even run A/c or heat.

2. "Paycheck to keep food on the table."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Defiance, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Defiance, OH

I have been working at Defiance Metal Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good co-workers and lenient atmosphere.

Cons

Things start going good and then we hit a bad spot and it seems like it takes years to recover. It's a get a better job if your part of the click factory. Management sucks! Haven't seen anything good from any of them in last 5 years.

Advice to Management

Treat your long time employees better, don't push stuff under the rug. Need to give cost of living raises as well as our merit raises we might get.

3. "The Oshkosh plant needs new Management. It's pretty bad when the prod-supervisor says more problems more job security."

Current Employee - Shipping in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Shipping in Oshkosh, WI

Pros

Not at the Wisconsin plant.

Cons

Oshkosh plant management don't have a clue how to run manufacturing. Customer's needs should come first.

Advice to Management

You need restructuring at this plant. From Plant Manager to Production supervisor. Maybe corporate is ok with the way things are going. I can tell you that your customers are not....

"Lots of potential for this plant"

Current Employee - Indirect Labor in Heber Springs, AR
    Current Employee - Indirect Labor in Heber Springs, AR

I have been working at Defiance Metal Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees and departmental supervisors are top-shelf and all want to perform to the best of their abilities. Good benefits: health insurance, paid holidays, matching 401(k).

Cons

Upper management and corporate bosses are more concerned with the bottom line than employee morale. They will furlough employees at the end of the month to make the numbers look good to shareholders. Non-competitive salaries for the hourly employees. Instability.

Advice to Management

Invest in the plant and the people. Show them they are the reason you even have a job with DMP. If the doors close on them, they close on everybody.

"all for defiance metal products, nothing for employees!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Employee in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Pros

honestly, a paycheck is all i can think of.

Cons

we were bought out 4 years ago by defiance metal products. since then we lost personnel days, 401 was very, very weak, have had no raise at all, not even a cost of living raise in the four years since the purchase from CIS. we had plenty of work proir to the take over with carrier (united technologies) we were informed by sam strausbaugh and his partner that they wanted to rid the company of carrier, due to the fact we would not have enough capacity to run the amount of work that would be comeing to the texas plant. carrier was eliminated, and the large work load never materialized. we were sent all the work which had a very low profit margin if any at all. we were told at a later date that they could not keep us open if things don't pick up here, and that it was a surprise to all of us when carrier left,and that really hurt us. yet they built a very nice plant in china, bought a plant in pennsylvania,and in wisconsin. we have had four years of nothing but lies, and more lies. now they gave us a closeing date of may 31st, 2011. and no matter how long you worked for the company your retention bonus would be no more than$1000.00 , and you will be lucky if you get that much.

Advice to Management

they have courses in business management at local colleges, and i think a refresher course is surely, without a doubt needed very badly. we are humans and deserve to be treated as such, and not throw aways to be discarded because of some lousey management decisions.

6. "Not terrible"

I have been working at Defiance Metal Products full-time

Pros

It's a job though, good people.

Cons

Business is feast or famine. We either have short weeks or work overtime depending on the time of year.

7. "Horrible Place to Work"

I worked at Defiance Metal Products full-time

Pros

There are no pros with this place

Cons

High pressure and high stress

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your rear end and set realistic expectations

8. "Customer Service Rep"

Pros

Loved co-workers, pay was good, managers were great, the work was satisfying,

Cons

The CEO was a bad choice for the company, and the lack of training in some departments resulted in high-turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Research software that you purchase.

9. "Customer Service rep"

I have been working at Defiance Metal Products full-time

Pros

Great hours. Nice people for the most part

Cons

No pay raise, flex hours you can't flex out! Makes no sense. Management is not on top of their game, pays a lot of insurance!! Not a place I would make a carreer out of- I am always looking for a better job.

Advice to Management

Give your people a raise. Stop the traveling and save the company a few dollars to give a raise to people. You have some people collecting a paycheck in your offices and have nothing to do! Makes no sense.