Del Monaco Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Del Monaco Foods Reviews

4.4
Vic Del Monaco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Del Monaco Foods For The Win!"

Current Employee - Accountant
    Current Employee - Accountant

I have been working at Del Monaco Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is an absolute focus on building trust. The people here put their best foot forward to build relationships with one another and genuinely care about producing an outstanding product. There is also a heavy emphasis on leadership and the belief that people are not interchangeable parts. Trust, quality, and effective communication are the cornerstones of Del Monaco Foods.

Cons

The company can be slow to make changes. Whether it is the proper selection of employees, process improvement, or how leaders work with their teams, the changes can be slow to implement.

Advice to Management

Be resourceful. Take the valuable information that is shared in the company's leadership courses and intentionally apply it to your day-to-day life. There will be a drastic change when it comes to the happiness of your team members.

2. "Cares about people and cares about QUALITY FOOD"

I have been working at Del Monaco Foods full-time

Pros

there really is a family feel here, and treating people with respect is always encouraged. The food is really good too, super high quality and so delicious. Soups are put out for the teams to try and they don't last very long. very proud to be a part of this company and the part I play in making the wonderful products

Cons

long hours during the holidays but the team really rallies and supports each other.

Advice to Management

stay true to the principles of trust, respect, safety and quality as the company grows

3. "Leadership"

I have been working at Del Monaco Foods (More than 5 years)

Pros

The leaders that surround me have helped me grow professionally and become a better person. It doesn't feel like work when you are surrounded by people that care for you and treat you like family.

Cons

Our interview process may seem tough to some, but only appears that way because we have such high standards. Our leadership team puts a lot of value in selecting the right team members.

Advice to Management

Do not stop promoting leadership and continue to never compromise your values and relationships with the team members.

4. "Great company!"

Pros

Great company to work for: everybody knows each other by name no matter what department or position; trust is the biggest value and that is reflected in the company culture; opportunities to develop and grow within the company; Team Leaders care about their Team Members.

Cons

Nothing that I could think of right now

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "Good for college students"

Pros

Good hours they are also flexible.

Cons

Not much organization within the interns.

"Team Member"

Current Employee - Artisan and Proud of It!
    Current Employee - Artisan and Proud of It!

I have been working at Del Monaco Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A family of people who care about each other and also cooking awesome soups, sauces, pestos and more! A dream job with amazing people. It seems like every day another visitor is amazed at how everyone is so helpful and friendly. People know each others names, hang out together, and fist bump when they walk past. There are opportunities to try new things. They develop and promote from within.I love love this place!!! It doesn't feel like work at all. More like an exciting adventure.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. So awesome!

Advice to Management

The leaders are doing such a great job and the owners are such amazing people. Keep it up!!!

"Procurement"

Current Employee - Buyer in Morgan Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Morgan Hill, CA

Pros

This company values employees and trust above all else. They treat each employee as they would a family member. They take great pride in ensuring people are "on the right seat on the bus". If you get hired as one position and it's not working out the way everyone had hoped, they will take the time to train you in something that everyone feels is a better fit. The company culture is apparent from the second you walk in the door. The team is always smiling and excited to be here. This is a wonderful place to work!!

Cons

I don't have any cons to list. I love this place!

Advice to Management

Please keep caring so deeply about the team. It shows and we all take great pride in what we do because of it.

8. "Industrial cook"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Morgan Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Morgan Hill, CA

I worked at Del Monaco Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job has several positions, I was industrial cook, at the time I was working lots of hours, health insurance, awesome management, cool coworkers, very physical job,great employee discounts on products, some of the puddings and soups are awesome, the pay is decent for cook position considering that I didn't have a degree

Cons

Not to many, when Co workers miss the product still has to be completed but hey more hours to you

Advice to Management

Give higher raises to loyal long term top performers beyond your current cap, and lower or minimal raises to low performers to make up for the difference, your top performers deserve more credit for putting up with and teaching newbies and picking up the slack year after year

"Great Company, Strong Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

I have been working at Del Monaco Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only worked here for two months but I felt right at home from the beginning. The owners and executive team are extremely invested in the people that work with them and are focused on creating an awesome company culture. Training consists of complete immersion into the operations of the business, so I had the privilege of working side by side with each employee during this time. Despite being busy, each person took the time to welcome me to the company and make sure I understood the role that they were performing. The company is small enough that you know everyone's name but run in a very professional way.

Cons

So far, no cons to speak of. Turnover is lower than I have seen at previous companies that I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Continue to value employees as highly as you do!

"No value towards employees"

Former Employee - Human Resources Administration in Morgan Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Administration in Morgan Hill, CA

I worked at Del Monaco Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

if there were a pro that would be at least one positive, but there aren't

Cons

the whole business, they think cause they pay more they can treat employees bad