Delap LLP Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Assurance Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Assurance Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Delap LLP (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic firm - willing to accommodate non-traditional work schedules.

Cons

Continued growth has put strains on the culture, but management still strives to maintain a "family" feel and invest in employees.

2. "Best Place I've Worked!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Delap LLP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at other places before, however, this is the by far the happiest I've been at work. We have a great team and have a lot of fun day. The INVEST vision statement isn't just words on the wall... Delap tries hard to live it everyday. I love the "flex Fridays" from April 16th - Labor Day.

Cons

"Busy season" is busy. The longer days in March / April can get old! Additional communication from our partners about strategy would be welcomed too.

Advice to Management

Thanks for making Delap a special place to work. Additional communication about firm strategy and direction would be another source of motivation and understanding amongst the younger professionals.

3. "Firm was voted #1 medium company to work for, but that's because only certain employees were asked to take the survey."

Current Employee - Accountant in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Accountant in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Delap LLP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lot's of fun events and team activities, the people are great.

Cons

Firm talks big, but doesn't follow through; the firm doesn't have the resources to provide what it promises to employees and clients.

Advice to Management

Need more candid conversation - when voted #1 place to work, but people are complaining and quitting all the time, it's kind of obvious there is a big disconnect.

5. "Great possibilitites"

Current Employee - Manager in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - Manager in Lake Oswego, OR

Pros

The people at Delap LLP are the best part of working here. The firm pays well, the profit sharing plan is very good and the health benefits are fully paid for the employee. The clients are very diversified and the work is challenging.

Cons

Growth of the firm has stretched the firms ability to connect with all employees. There has been quite a bit of turnover in the last two years where there was virtually none in the five years prior to that.

Advice to Management

Spend more time connecting with the people who work here.

6. "Best CPA firm to work for"

I have been working at Delap LLP full-time

Pros

Genuine people; really attempt to live each day by the INVEST mindset for clients and employees; care about quality of work and increasing technical abilities; care about families and balance

Cons

both a pro and a con- give poor performing employees lots of grace to improve, which sometimes results in people given too much time, when they are not committed to being good team members. But, isn't this the side we would all want to err on?

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and mentor

7. "A firm that shouldn't lose touch"

Current Employee - Tax Staff
    Current Employee - Tax Staff

I have been working at Delap LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Delap compensates well. They do annual profit sharing and overtime to the staff and seniors. People are generally in good spirits and are friendly. Summers are usually fun because you work 4 tens and then you get to go home.

Cons

Peoplewho are lazy and underperforming, have a cushy time, while the high performers are driven into the ground. The buyout of PNW has also been nasty. The new managers have no people skills and they purposely understate budgets so you're running uphill from the start.

Advice to Management

I don't know. Can we unbuyout PNW? It would be great if Delap remembered what made it what it is.

8. "It was a great experience"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Delap LLP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They promote a great work life balance

Cons

They foster a paternal atmosphere