Delaware North Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Delaware North Chairman & CEO Jeremy M. Jacobs
Jeremy M. Jacobs

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunities for advancement, decent pay, more than most holidays, work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• I worked specifically in Sequoia National Park so keep in mind I didn't have an "average" experience (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours standing with no sitting except during your break (in 48 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance needs improvement (in 19 reviews)

1. "Cashier at Concessions"

Former Employee - Cashier in Harrison, NJ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Harrison, NJ

I worked at Delaware North part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gained a lot of experience with sales and got to meet new people.

Cons

No cons just wish there were more events

2. "concession cashier"

Former Employee - Concession Cashier in Maryvale, AZ
    Former Employee - Concession Cashier in Maryvale, AZ

I worked at Delaware North part-time

Pros

Communication was Excellent, Management Faqntastic

Cons

Everything was good no complaints

Advice to Management

They were very Professional

3. "Good company to work for part-time"

Current Employee - FB Vendor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - FB Vendor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Delaware North part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work
    Get to be at ball game

Cons

Not much money
    Not much work
    Some bad employees
    Not efficient

4. "Its a corporation"

Current Employee - Manager in West Yellowstone, MT
    Current Employee - Manager in West Yellowstone, MT

I have been working at Delaware North full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A corporation with a family feel. The atmosphere is really laid back and welcoming.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of communication because there is so much going on with this company

Advice to Management

Figure out how to increase the communication between departments, and esp in the same department.

5. "Delaware North Part Time"

Current Employee - Stand Manager in East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Stand Manager in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at Delaware North part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its great hourly pay. Most stadium workers are protected by the local 100 union based out of NYC. The management is usually friendly and no other part time job will ever pay you as much. You can work on your own choosing

Cons

High paced, high turnover rates, fans can be rude. Not much in terms of upper advancement. You will lose many weekends.

Advice to Management

None, the job is as convenient as possible.

6. "Good school job"

Former Employee - Stand Manager in East Rutherford, NJ
    Former Employee - Stand Manager in East Rutherford, NJ

I worked at Delaware North part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy money for college students

Cons

Long hours on weekends that prevents other responsibilities being accomplished

"LCA- very unorganized, very unethical."

Current Employee - Server in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Server in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Delaware North part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only reason I stay is it's good money. And I've lost 15 lb since working there.

Cons

So there is not enough lockers for all of the employees. So bringing a lunch from home is out of the question, there is no where to store it. I personally watched my manager throw away a co-workers food because they stored it in a work cubby. However we don't get any discount on food during events (which is everyday) and all we get is a voucher for a hot dog everday. If we even get a break at all. Most employees do not get any breaks, even after working 10 hr shifts (boh does get lunch breaks, majority of the time. foh usually isn't allowed). But managers will sit right in front of us, not only eat but drink alcoholic beverages too. I thought that wasn't allowed. We had a manager so drunk on new years, he threw up on his shirt and continued to work. Also we live in Michigan, it is winter. They posted signs around the arena to try not to wear your coat inside. Because there's nowhere to store them . It's disgusting how these managers act, and treat their employees. Oh and HR will tell you, that they are overwhelmed and can't do their job accordingly. If you go to them with a problem, they will just inform your manager and you WILL get retaliated against, if not fired. And HR will not have time to even get a statement from you, or hear your side. You cannot have your cell phones on you . But nobody answers the phone if you try to call any restaurant . So if you have children , and there is an emergency there is no way they can contact you . You can't wear a jacket if you do get a break . However you're not supposed to be in company uniform . You have to pay $5 a day for parking, but you're not even guaranteed to get a shuttle if it's outside of shuttle hours. So now you either have to pay an Uber or walk the city of Detroit to get to your vehicle. General managers are allowed to hang out with employees outside of business hours, and these employees will get favored because of it. They will get more hours, and breaks. Performance , has nothing to do with hours or privileges . I expected better from this company. It's honestly a law suit waiting to happen..

Advice to Management

If you are not going to hire managers with any management experience, then somebody needs to personally come in and train these people. I have worked as a manager in a big corporate company before. And I know a lot of the way they treat their employees, is very unprofessional, unethical, and in some cases illegal. These little employees is what makes this company. Show some respect, if I make thousands of dollars for this company everyday, I feel at the very least I should get a lunch. Or even a chance to sit down. And a hot dog everyday, that is super unhealthy for anyone. Ultimately happy employees, is what's going to make this company succeed, And consistency an organization needs to be a factor.

8. "Great for seasonal workers"

Current Employee - Inseat Supervisor in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Inseat Supervisor in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Delaware North part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees get free meals and discounts on merchandise. Gifts for every 5 years of service. Employee appreciation has been up.

Cons

Hard to transfer properties. Limited growth.

9. "Seat Vendor"

Former Employee - Seat Vendor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Seat Vendor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Delaware North part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

got to see professional sporting events while working

Cons

low compensation, heavy physical work load, unfit management, disorganized staff

Advice to Management

improve working conditions and pay

10. "Working at Yosemite, under Delaware North"

Current Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage Manager in Yosemite National Park, CA

I have been working at Delaware North full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great peers, Manager, co-workers. Wonderful training experience

Cons

Lack of financial support from higher ups. General boys club feel when speaking with upper management. Too many hours during peak season. Often understaffed, or unable to get support needed. Living in Yosemite, the housing situation was awful. Housing manager vindictive and played favoritism.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees, and ensure better housing. Hire more managers during peak season, so you don't burn out your staff.