Delaware North Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Delaware North Chairman & CEO Jeremy M. Jacobs
Jeremy M. Jacobs

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunities for advancement, decent pay, more than most holidays, work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• I worked specifically in Sequoia National Park so keep in mind I didn't have an "average" experience (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours standing with no sitting except during your break (in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance is not the best (in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I have worked for many big companies and this one takes the best care of employees."

Former Employee - Server in Yosemite National Park, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Yosemite National Park, CA

I worked at Delaware North full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company provides full health benefits and 401 k. In addition to free classes that will benefit you with future employment. Your wages increase the longer you work for the company.

Cons

They provide housing in national parks that was less then glamorous. Some of the mangers were forced to live along side there associates but not allowed to mingle. It created an awkward living working situation.

Advice to Management

Long hours for managers

2. "Cashier at Concessions"

Former Employee - Cashier in Harrison, NJ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Harrison, NJ

I worked at Delaware North part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gained a lot of experience with sales and got to meet new people.

Cons

No cons just wish there were more events

3. "Suite Runner MetLife Stadium"

Current Employee - Suite Runner in East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Suite Runner in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at Delaware North part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great money. Great events. Very flexible and understanding Management.

Cons

It's not year round! The only legit con that I can think of is the weight gain during the football season due to the great food.

Advice to Management

You guys are awesome and whatever it is they are paying you you should get paid more because you guys deserve it.

4. "Intern experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Delaware North full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good workplace with beautiful view.

Cons

It is low on diversity.

5. "Great!"

Former Employee - Hostess in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Hostess in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Delaware North part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Delaware North Sportservice as my very first job and honestly believe it made me the person I am today. I learned so much about successful customer service and about working in a team and enjoyed every minute of it.

Cons

Not a con for me but I worked with an amazing women who had worked in her position for years and management would frequently give her additional responsibilities similar to those of a manager but then would consistently overlook her for promotions.

Advice to Management

None.

6. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Delaware North part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was an excellent working experience I loved working for the fans.

Cons

Too much favoritism at that job not professional at all

Advice to Management

Do better with the level of professionalism

7. "Accountant"

Current Employee - NY - New York in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - NY - New York in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Delaware North full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Summer half day Fridays and job security. Central downtown location with lots of places to go for lunch. Salaried/Full time employees receive bonuses if the company does meets yearly goal. Annual raises are consistent. If your looking for long term and don't care about title changes, development, and career advancing ...this is an excellent option.

Cons

Development is low if your in the wrong department, people have held positions for over 30 years. Title changes aren't quick to change with increased work load. You only advance if you know people or if you have an active manager. Your Uncle has to be a VP or on the board of OP to advance your career.

Advice to Management

Development of your employees is a must. Flexible schedule and work from home would be nice.

8. "Over see sous chef horsing and training. P&L management"

Current Employee - Executive Sous Chef in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Executive Sous Chef in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Delaware North full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is very fun and exciting to work at a stadium. There are a great deal of opportunities for travel (helping our sister properties) as well as advancement within this international company.

Cons

A lot more hours and administrative responsibilities than most other operations at comparable level. Work life balance is not the best. Stadium environment has limited outlet for much Chef creativity.

Advice to Management

Increase vacation time. Improve salary rate to improve/ compensate unbalanced “work life balance “

9. "treated like nothing by upper management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

I worked at Delaware North part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to work from people around the world. Unforgettable experiences. Feel like you make a difference.

Cons

Low pay. Very low pay. 0 benefits. Every day was like stepping around a field of broken glass. Upper management always made you feel like you were doing something wrong-- no matter what. Food was gross-- roaches were found in employee lounge.

"This company will work you till you drop there's no work life balance. Managers dont care about you and your health."

Former Employee - IT Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Delaware North full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits but nothing more then that. This job will literally drain your soul and the abuse you have to take from management is unbearable.

Cons

No work life balance, unreasonable demands and zero support from staff or corporate. Do not work for this company especially in IT. They have hemmoraged over 60 percent of IT staff because they overwork, poorly pay and abuse staff. They will blame you for everything rather than address the real problems within the organization. am not bitter about my experience but I want to save others from working for this disgusting greed driven organization .

Advice to Management

Stop caring only about profit and hire the staff you need to get the job done. The workforce is changing but you aren't changing with it. Millenials won't take the abuse and you will lose talented people because of it. You are going to continue losing talent and wasting resources until you learn how the new generations work. We want to make a difference but we aren't going to kill ourselves working 18 hour days 7 days a week because you are too cheap to hire more IT staff.