Delaware North Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Delaware North Chairman & CEO Jeremy M. Jacobs
Jeremy M. Jacobs

Pros
  • In yosemite national park, so beautiful location (in 21 reviews)

• Good work/life balance as long as you're not a supervisor or higher (company is strict on overtime) (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours as most food service places are (in 32 reviews)

• work life balance as you work 80 plus hours a week (in 12 reviews)

1. "N/A"

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Denver, CO

I worked at Delaware North full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They provided Free lunches for it's full time employee's.

Cons

They did not give out proper breaks.

2. "Terrible Company to work for"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Delaware North full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay managers well, but its a trap. This company will lure you in with promises for opportunity and it is nothing but a good old boy network. They have a HR department that protects higher level managers and does not listen to their hard working line employees.

Cons

They will hold you to rules and policies and change them on you without warning. For the money this company brags it has, it has inadequate systems. For example a 2.5 million dollar operation is using basic spreadsheets for inventory. You also get stuck with inadequate operating and cash systems because someone in technology got a big bonus to bring in junk.

Advice to Management

Stay away. This company is all smoke and mirrors to get you in. Unless you are at the Home Office in Downtown Buffalo, you will be miserable working long shifts in casinos, sports venues or wherever, and forget any personal time on holidays. You work every one.

"Assistant manager ii"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager II in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delaware North full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

that you can put on your resume that you work for a multi-billion-dollar company with multiple units.

Cons

Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson
    The entire operation was a Train wreck! We were a joke to our employees, because we couldn't possibly get any support from upstairs. One of my units was infested with roaches and it took a roach crawling into somebody's water and an additional 2 months to get the clearance to call for fumigation. Honestly this place is a joke! They always talk about how the guest experience it's supposed to be superb and how people are taking care of and you can go "anywhere and do anything" and my personal favorite ,"you will,never need another job again!"

Moral of the story just dont do it, its not worth it

Advice to Management

Quit, you're the worst kind of people

"Worst Management Ever Experienced"

Current Employee - Technical in Grand Canyon, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical in Grand Canyon, AZ

I have been working at Delaware North full-time

Pros

Pay & employee housing. LIvins in a National Park.

Cons

Everything. I am an older, degreed professional, who has worked every level of employment from entry level to manager/supervisor/foreman in my over 40 years of work experience. Delaware North may be great at a corporate level and/or other locations, yet here, in my year and a half at the Grand Canyon National Park, it has been gut-wrenching and sad experience. Any and all good manager's they had aquiref, quickly sized up the situation here and then, 'Got out of Dodge'. Leaving only the bad, incompetent few with know where else to go, in control. Shame on Delaware North for not addressing this obvious trend and working on the reason why it's happening. I can factually document no worse hemorrhaging of good management level employees in my 40+ work years of experience, in the short period of 18 months, than here at Delaware North's acquisition of the Yavapai Hotel properties.

Advice to Management

Run, don't walk away from a job posting "opportunity" from this particular location, no matter what the management level. Again, Delaware North may have it's act together at other locations, yet as for the G.C.N.P., forget it.

"Sucks"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager II
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager II

Pros

No pros, none. Just a paycheck...

Cons

The company does not care for its employees, the managers should be let go. The employees are horrible.

Advice to Management

Get out now!

7. "Accept a job here only if you are unemployed."

I have been working at Delaware North full-time

Pros

They do pay regularly and while generally not well for your field. There are a few pleasant staff members.

Cons

Very poor leadership using primarily scare and intimidation tactics. They care nothing for their employees and demonstrate that in their deeds, actions and attitudes. There is a very small number of inner circle members at the very top who are all negatively like minded who treat employees horribly.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't give any advice as they would never take any to heart. The employee second attitude has been here 100 years and isn't going anywhere. It's sad.

8. "Food & Beverage Cashier"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Delaware North full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid weekly is the only thing good about the company.

Cons

They treat their employees like they are nothing. Management is disorganized. We are always running out of supplies. They never have enough people at the location and shift I work at.

Advice to Management

You guys need to have better communication with everyone you work with.

9. "Horrible Organizational Structure, Managemen"

Former Employee - Retail Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Retail Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Delaware North full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The sports industry is what the real draw is. If you're a big fan of the team they work with, and can deal with TERRIBLE management on literally all levels, it can provide a neat part-time job.

Cons

No talent management. Great people come and go all the time. Pay is not nearly enough for what is expected. I left the company myself for a MUCH better opportunity with much less stress.

Advice to Management

Cut the turnover down for both regular staff and management.

"Horrible fundraising opportunity!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

I was convinced to fundraise through these crooks! It was at a ballpark. They work you like slaves, treat you like you're thieves, and give you pennies!

Cons

The last and final event I worked, was a concert at the ball park! I made $43 dollars, for 8 hours worth of work! Plus, it cost me $5 to take the train to the facility! That is half of the minimum wage rate! I essentially made $5 an hour!!!! That's not even worth rolling out of bed for! NEVER AGAIN!

Advice to Management

Increase the percent that you give the volunteers! You charge $15 for nachos, and $10 for a drink! Or at least give the people minimum wage! I want to start a class action lawsuit!

11. "Don't work too hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Delaware North part-time

Pros

None that I can think of. If you are a slacker, and want to walk over HR and your boss, this is the company for you. You can do whatever you want, and HR does nothing and your boss can't really do a thing

Cons

Terrible company if you are a good worker. This company can care less if you work hard. Show up every day and do a great job. And guess what, no one cares. They will find every way to screw you. Pay you like crap and treat temps and interns better then their own employees. They have no problem passing the blame. Just don't plan on getting ahead and/or a raise.

Advice to Management

Treat and pay those employees that work hard, show up and do a good job well.