Delaware North "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Delaware North Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated May 13, 2019

Delaware North CEO Jeremy M. Jacobs
Jeremy M. Jacobs
Pros
  • "Flexible work, Good pay, Good tips(in 35 reviews)

• "You get to spend a lot of time in Yellowstone National Park with amazing views of nature and wildlife(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours during functions can be a burden on your legs(in 63 reviews)

• "Lower management love to snitch and are quick to point out mistakes just to satisfy upper management(in 28 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Overall Great Company"

Current Employee - Program Administrator in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Delaware North full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, decent pay, more than most holidays, work-life balance

Cons

Upper management isn't as friendly as they could be.

Delaware North2017-02-05

"Be ready"

Current Employee - Multi- Unit Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Delaware North full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about this job is the work life balance. You only have to choose between either an AM/ or PM shift and the hours are not terrible. You also get extra days off for holiday, and vacation is carries over.

Cons

The union. They protect employees from everything else that would normally get them fired in the normal world. They get to call out almost as many times as they want as long as they have a "doctors note". They get to be late multiple times before you can fire them. Even at that, the union will fight for them to get their job back. You will not be a manager here. You will walk into chaos. You will have to scramble... for employees and product, At the same time you will have unrealistic expectations from the upper management who do nothing at all to help you. You are expected to do everything and the excuses do not work. It is a job that you title makes it seem like you are doing management work when you are really just a high paid hourly employee dealing with a lot of stress. Oh yeah and the yearly bonus, don't let them sell you on that. This past year, we got NOTHING. not one penny. Ask for a higher base because that is all you will get.

Advice to Management

Make the HR team actually care about the employees they hire instead of just building bodies. Upper management needs to appreciate their management team. Pay your management more since the cashiers are making just as much or more will less stress. Stop advertising bonuses when you hire managers. Allow more internal growth instead of outside department managers who do not last. Also, stop allowing one department... manager to run the 4x more units than everyone else and treat all the employees and her managers like they are nothing. This company makes way to much money to run the way it does. It could be great with better leadership and ideas. I would NEVER come back. Worse job I've had.

Delaware North2019-05-13

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Management in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Delaware North full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

there are no pros at all

Cons

you are constantly harrassed. Getting any time off is a joke, yet upper management gets every weekend and holiday off

Delaware North2019-02-17

"underappreciated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamburg, NY

I have been working at Delaware North full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

most coworkers are great to work with

Cons

the pay is low. upper management does not seem to care

Advice to Management

take care of the employees you want to retain

Delaware North2018-08-29

"only work here if the only other option is jail"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Richmond, VA

I worked at Delaware North full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money and benefits (still not worth it though).

Cons

Rotating cast of managers means you never know who’s in charge, upper management truly evil, this place operates on a culture of fear and discrimination. Turnover easily three times the norm. Chronically understaffed and no one is quite trained (Management will still punish you for not knowing what they never taught you though, because it’s you or them on the line for the constant failure—seriously, look at reviews... for the restaurants online). Expect to disappoint every guest you serve. Best-case scenario, you’re overcharging a captive audience for mediocre-to-horrible food and drinks that contain half the alcohol called for in training videos, only a few guests walk out in disgust that day, and you find a manager, any manager, to do your comps so you can leave without a writeup waiting for you when you work next. Only work here if the only other option is jail, and even then you’ll probably have regrets.

Advice to Management

Get it together. You managed to turn more money than average and stellar benefits into the worst job I’ve ever had just with your personalities. That’s the only impressive thing I’ve seen anyone above the rank of supervisor do in this entire company.

Delaware North2018-03-04
  6. "Working at Yosemite, under Delaware North"

Current Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage Manager in Yosemite National Park, CA

I have been working at Delaware North full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great peers, Manager, co-workers. Wonderful training experience

Cons

Lack of financial support from higher ups. General boys club feel when speaking with upper management. Too many hours during peak season. Often understaffed, or unable to get support needed. Living in Yosemite, the housing situation was awful. Housing manager vindictive and played favoritism.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees, and ensure better housing. Hire more managers during peak season, so you don't burn out your staff.

Delaware North2017-11-29
  7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Delaware North full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership listens to employees Room for promotion

Cons

Upper management sometimes plays favorites

Delaware North2017-11-02
  8. "chef"

Former Employee - Chef in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Delaware North full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good culinary programs. The sky is the limit if you are a skilled chef

Cons

long hours, erratic upper management scared of client

Advice to Management

stop trying to recreate the wheel

Delaware North2017-11-02
  9. "Warehouse Supervisor"

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at Delaware North full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Supervisors and front line associates work well together.

Cons

Upper Management doesn't work well with front line supervisors and regular staff.

Delaware North2016-11-18

"Communicator"

Communicator in Kennedy Space Center, FL

I worked at Delaware North

Pros

I worked for the company for nine years. And had the opportunity to meet many interesting people. I received many positive reviews and one honor for working to make KSC more accommodating for autistic children. The company gave me many opportunities and responsibilities of which I was so appreciative.

Cons

After working with Delaware North full time and part-time over a nine year period, I missed two upper management meetings. One of the meetings was due to the death/funeral of my father. So I was out of state when one of the meetings was held. I was at first threatened and then terminated. As a career educator working at KSC, I was very disappointed with employee treatment.

Delaware North2016-09-20