Delaware River and Bay Authority Police Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 13, 2017

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "I love working here!!!!"

Current Employee - Casual Toll Collector in New Castle, DE
    Current Employee - Casual Toll Collector in New Castle, DE

I have been working at Delaware River and Bay Authority Police part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, friendly staff, great management, flexible schedules, easy job, abilities for advancement within the compay, I love this job best job I've ever had.

Cons

there is only one thing that I can honestly say I do not care for with this job is the fact that we have to turn in our schedules one month in advance, I couldn't tell you what I did two weeks ago let alone what I'm going to be doing next month but other than this one flaw I love this job.

Advice to Management

Give more opportunities to hire full time employees I would love to work here full time

2. "Stable employment with little upward mobility"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in New Castle, DE
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in New Castle, DE

I worked at Delaware River and Bay Authority Police (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable secure employment with excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Politics determines salary increases (bi-state agency).

"CSR in Lewes, De"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewes, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewes, DE

Pros

Lots of wonderful people travelling through.

Cons

Negative and demeaning tone from supervisors make working there awful.

Advice to Management

They know what's wrong and don't care to fix it.

5. "Patrolman"

Current Employee - Patrolman in New Castle, DE
    Current Employee - Patrolman in New Castle, DE

I have been working at Delaware River and Bay Authority Police full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Will find experience in two states (NJ and DE)

Cons

Department is currently rebuilding from the ground up

6. "Surprisingly Busy Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in New Castle, DE
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in New Castle, DE

Pros

As an engineer, this organization gives you lots of autonomy to perform your duties which is great for a seasoned engineer.
    Work is very diverse and you are never bored or feel unchallenged.
    Pay and benefits are on par with other government agencies which is always less than private industry.
    Most people within all sections are very pleasant to work with and there are only a few idiots. Overall attitude of the organization is good.

Cons

This bi-state agency contains twice the amount of bureaucratic BS than other government agency. You literally need signed permission by 12 commissioners and two Governors in order to spend $25,000 on a simple purchase.
    All decisions, regardless of how mundane, must be blessed by top management.
    Sometimes the priorities of the organization don't seem to agree with the core functions.
    The Authority has not given any type of raise or cost of living in more than seven years because it requires approval by two Governors and Christie refuses to allow this while in office. The Authority does not give money to either state nor draw upon their funding - it is self sufficient and operates better than either one of the adjoining states.

Advice to Management

Trust your middle managers to make decisions and raise the threshold over what amount middle managers can spend without Governor Authorization.

7. "Great working environment, with great people"

Current Employee - Environmental Safety in New Castle, PA
    Current Employee - Environmental Safety in New Castle, PA

I have been working at Delaware River and Bay Authority Police full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To learn how to manage safety audits, manage particle testings, test storm water and work in a business environment.

Cons

Employee pay raises have not been raised for at least 6 years.

8. "A good place to retire from"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Pros

Salaries, benefits, and expectations from management. You do not have to do much to keep your job. The cafeteria is great.

Cons

If you do want to do more do not expect to receive a bonus or a promotion. You can get by with doing the minimum. Keep your head down and you will do OK until you retire.

Advice to Management

Communicate with us regularly and share all the information you can with us. The more we know the better we can deal with our colleagues and the public.

9. "Working at the Delaware River and Bay Authority"

Former Employee - Chief Engineer
    Former Employee - Chief Engineer

I worked at Delaware River and Bay Authority Police full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and employees. Job created a variety of challenging projects related to transportation as the responsibilities included roadway, suspension bridge and ferry landside operations projects.

Cons

Dealing with political forces involving two states, Delaware and New Jersey.