Delek US Reviews

Updated May 9, 2021

3.3
Delek US President, CEO, and Director Ezra Uzi Yemin
Ezra Uzi Yemin
Pros
  • "Competitive compensation package, great benefits, fun culture(in 8 reviews)

• "Great manager, good pay, flexible schedule(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "needs more system automation and better work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Sometimes long hours to reach project goals(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Part of the family, not just an employee

Mar 29, 2021 - Marketing Communications Manager in Brentwood, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Focused on placing the right people in the right roles, the team is thoughtful, thorough and demonstrates genuine care for teammates. The work is challenging and fulfilling, and the pace fast, which is what we all love about this place. If you have a desire to grow, a curious mind ,and an entrepreneur mindset, this is a good place for you.

Cons

It will take a bit to find your work flow - although the natural tendency is to get yourself up and running and contributing as soon as possible, be patient, learn and let time do it's work.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

I enjoyed reading your thoughtful review! I'm glad you have experienced the genuine care for our teammates that I have also experienced here at Delek. A running theme is that we do provide challenging and fulfilling opportunities to our employees. Now for the cons, yes, it can take some time to get the hang of things. This is an organization where you can work independently, which can be challenging at times. Thanks again for the thoughtful and rounded perspective of working here!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Results oriented people love the environment... and thrive in the culture.

Apr 12, 2021 - EVP Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

Direct and transparent communication. Constantly growing and changing to be “Different “ in this world ... not for the sake of being different... but the sake for being BETTER at what we do! Continuous improvement!!!

Cons

The COVID forcing of Remote work has dampen our family atmosphere and shut down all the office activities... We work hard and we love to have fun just as much.

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Wow, what outstanding feedback! Thanks for sharing. I know that people value hearing about our company from those who work here especially from our leadership team. Communication is key and it's great to hear that you have experienced direct and transparent communication!

3. 4.0

Lots of Challenges to Solve but great growth opportunity

Apr 21, 2021 - Senior Director of Operations in Krotz Springs, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are So many ways to directly impact the bottom line of the company

Cons

The corporate structure is ever changing and turnover is high making sometimes difficult to align on targets.

4. 3.0

Cultural Flux - Hopeful for the Future

Apr 25, 2021 - Senior Environmental Engineer in Big Spring, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity to make an impact, never a dull moment, close to Permian Basin means some of the best margins in the country.

Cons

Leadership, management, and communication is inconsistent due to legacy employees who seem to be resistant to the new company culture. Unsure if Delek corporate is serious about their proposed innovation initiatives; we will see if their funding matches their rhetoric.

5. 4.0

Great place to work

Apr 13, 2021 - Analyst in Brentwood, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are very knowledgeable and great to work with

Cons

The economy can easily affect the business profits

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for the review and for your time at Delek! I'm proud that you point out our talented people as such a positive. Yes, the economy can affect the business but we do have a diverse portfolio (retail, logistics, & refining) that help us weather downturns.

6. 1.0

Slow Motion Train Wreck

May 9, 2021 - Salaried Minion
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of really good people.

Cons

Those really good people are treated very poorly.

7. 5.0

Manager

Mar 23, 2021 - Manager in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, highly collaborative and a great management team. A fun place to work and learn.

Cons

Don’t work for Delek if you are a robot and like to complain without getting involved. Company is fast paced focused on development and technology.

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the review and for your time at Delek so far. I love the pros - fast-paced, highly collaborative, great management team, and a fun place to work and learn. All things I've experienced during my time at Delek as well. To add to your review about the cons; Delek provides opportunities for their employees to expand their experience by working on assignments that might not be available at larger competitors. Someone who is comfortable in getting involved and stepping out of their swim lane will do well at Delek. Thank you for the insight!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good people, bright spots in company

Mar 30, 2021 - Senior Manager IT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most people are very great to work with and want to do their best.

Cons

Some lack of competency in certain areas.

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the review and your time at Delek! I know people appreciate the feedback, thanks for contributing your perspective.

9. 1.0

Avoid at ALL Costs!

Feb 16, 2021 - Rather Not Say in Brentwood, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

High Salary for market average in Nashville

Cons

Honestly there are so many cons that I don't know where to start. This is the most TOXIC work environment I have ever had the displeasure to work in. The peers are great, but the middle management leadership is incapable of making rational decisions, following up on major incidents, and managing a good work / life balance. If you are in a senior engineering role you will be worked until you mentally break. Good luck trying to move anywhere else in the company as job opens as they all end up going to Israel. Change in senior leadership happens all the time. Political wars are waged in the backend, yet no one actually speaks about them. If you read these reviews like I did and say, "Oh it's 50/50... it's probably not that bad." It is that bad. It's really really really bad.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts about Delek. It's good to hear that we are competitive on salary, but I'm sorry it hasn't been a great experience so far. I highly recommend you reaching out to us (HR team) on specifics - we want to improve Delek's culture but need to understand better what's going on to make strides for our employees.

10. 2.0

Culture is very unusual

Apr 20, 2021 - Project Manager in Brentwood, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible place to work and you can come and go

Cons

Layoffs and paycutsover last 2 years

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective and experience. I agree that Delek is a very flexible place to work. For the con - The pandemic has affected us in so many ways. Like so many companies we took proactive measures to be fiscally responsible and meet our commitments to our stakeholders and employees. Taking considerable time to make thoughtful decisions that minimally affect our employees. Some benefits were suspended but please know the impacts are temporary.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Reviews