Delicato Family Vineyards Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chris Indelicato

"Project Manager"

I have been working at Delicato Family Vineyards full-time

Pros

Generous benefits package. Great people, very easy to get along.

Cons

Different campuses are a bit scattered. Fast-growing, lots of new people to get used to.

Mar 21, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are very proud of all the benefits we offer employee’s. Additionally we couldn’t agree more, that we have great people here! Regarding your comment about the ... More

"sales"

Pros

Good basic stable of brands to represent. The people working in all areas are very exceptional at what they do and very talented.

Cons

Top down management. Produce or perish....family not genuinely engaged in company culture as they llike people to believe. Turnover is frequent and everyone is expendable. Not a company to look at for a long term career. Just look at all of the talented people with exemplary careers that have been terminated or moved on. Just ask...

Advice to Management

Tough one...the problem is at the top. 360 feedback would be the best advice but that would result in termination most likely. If your going to call yourself a family owned company with true values, act like it!

Dec 13, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback but regret your opinion of Delicato as a whole. We conduct round-tables, culture surveys, and exit interviews to stay on top of our working climate which we consider a top ... More

"Great family owned winery"

I have been working at Delicato Family Vineyards full-time

Pros

Industry Leading Growth, Agile Decision Maker

Cons

Far too frequent portfolio changes, promotional roadmap is lacking

"Great Company and Family"

I have been working at Delicato Family Vineyards full-time

Pros

Tremendous growth over the past 10 years that has earned the respect of the Industry. Consistent track record of introducing new, innovative brands. Fantastic family ownership that is visible throughout the company. Good people to work with that can mentor and grow your career.

Cons

Like many companies that experienced significant growth, some of the systems and processes did not keep up. The company has made significant investments over the past 5 years in people, processes and systems to take us from 1 million cases, and ready us for 10 million, and all around best-in-class resources.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in brands and innovative new concepts that differentiate us within the industry. Continue to invest in company infrastructure to take us to the next level.

Aug 29, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the honest feedback. We know we're not perfect, but we do know how and where we can improve. Thank you for joining us on this ride as we continue to be one of the leading California ... More

"DFV - A Winning Culture"

Pros

I've worked at Delicato Family Vineyards for four years and it's a great company for a variety of reasons - strong company culture, high growth brands, a wealth of resources in terms of marketing and category/consumer analytics, a highly skilled sales team, and very well regarded among distributors and other suppliers.

Cons

No real cons - issues are addressed when they appear.

Aug 15, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the kind remarks. We have been working hard on everything you have mentioned, and are proud of how far we have come as an organization. We are glad to have you as part of our team.

"Struggling"

I have been working at Delicato Family Vineyards full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family owned company with good benefits

Cons

Not competitive with salary and overall culture and trust in management has been deteriorating for the past few years. Management says they are working on it, but fail to recognize the actual issues

Aug 16, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Although we are sorry to hear your feedback, it’s still important for us to know how others feel. We regularly review our compensation to ensure we remain competitive in the market and are confident ... More

"Terrible experience"

Pros

They make a good product!

Cons

The I.T. staff were vindictive, uncaring, and selfish. Worst job I ever had (including county work)!

Advice to Management

Get rid of nepotism. Get some people in there that are truly talented and care about the company not with "what have you done for me lately" attitudes.

Aug 29, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback but regret your opinion of the IT working environment. We conduct round-tables, a culture survey, and exit interviews to stay on top of our working climate which we ... More

"The rich get richer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

I worked at Delicato Family Vineyards (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent wines, some good people.

Cons

When I was there there were some amazing people that I really enjoyed working with. Sadly, those people were forced from their jobs or let go. The good people at Delicato are expendable and the people who have no moral compass just keep getting promoted higher and higher. Very sad state of a company who I thought I would be at much longer than I was.

Advice to Management

Cut off the head of the snake that you have working there because they are toxic and will destroy the positive company culture you are trying to create.

Aug 9, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback but regret your negative perception. Our commitment to building a positive and high performance culture is stronger than ever. We are focusing on collaborating ... More

"I love my job at Delicato Family Vineyards!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

I have been working at Delicato Family Vineyards full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family owned, great benefits, company culture, trust, positive environment, continued growth. It's been amazing to work with so many on improving our overall company culture these past couple of years. I truly see and feel the participation of coworkers continuing to work & thrive on making Delicato a successful & topnotch company.

Cons

Need to improve on inter-departmental & company-wide communication.

Advice to Management

Please continue to improve the inter-departmental and company-wide communication. It has been getting better & better these past couple of years and is very much appreciated & needed.

Aug 15, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. Communication, as you mention, is something that we have been working on over the last few years. We are proud that we have come such a long way and recognize that we ... More

"Not the company it once was"

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Manteca, CA
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Manteca, CA

I worked at Delicato Family Vineyards (More than 10 years)

Pros

My co-workers were top notch; smart talented and hard workers. Benefits were good and most of the family is still hands on and humble.

Cons

Upper management needs an overhaul. For the there to be a company culture statement that refers to "trust in team" this is something that needs to be practiced more and preached less by upper management. They are quick to point fingers and let their subordinates take the fall for their failures. They have created an environment that employees are afraid to speak up about anything as they are afraid of loosing their jobs. In a six month span in one department had at least 12 people leave the company, a majority of which were voluntary departures. That should be a sign you are loosing hard working valuable personnel.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the organization, growth came fast and with many pains that are still there. The structure is very top heavy, it is not the top of the "house" that is solid it is your foundation but your foundation has very low morale at the moment. Your culture survey was a good step but your attempt to round table failed miserably. You are not listening to the ones who are doing the work to make your company successful, you are listening to your upper management who is taking the credit away from their personnel who are the success stories of your company. Take a real hard look at how business is being conducted with vendors, a bad reputation spreads quickly.

Jul 20, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback and continue to strive towards being an employer of choice. Thank you for acknowledging our employee survey as a positive step in the right direction. Surveys and employee ... More