Delivery Agent Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 16, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Fitzsimmons

Pros
  • Great people to work for I really enjoy my time and the training (in 10 reviews)

• Flexible hours and trusted to handle your schedule if you get things done (depends on department) (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management in SF is desperate (in 9 reviews)

• Most employees have a hard time with work/life balance because of extreme work load (in 5 reviews)

"Had a lot of potential, but was extremely poorly lead."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the greatest entertainment clients on earth. Really, the potential for this to be such a success and exciting place to work was so high. Some really impressive people came (and shortly left). How could they have messed it up that hard!? Some serious lessons (and red flags) can be learned here.

Cons

Just read the reviews here... Not much more to add, except it was a shame to see so much talent and potential abused and wasted away for near sighted, ill planned number goals. There was never any "big picture" long term strategy explained, nor goals, mission statements, anything communicated company wide from leadership other than "Keep Grinding" over and over and over. And we did, grind that train to a halt... Text book example when a company values spread sheet numbers over its people, customers, clients and its real world business consequences.

Advice to Management

Don't take the poor reviews here with a grain of salt. They are all mostly true, and the 4-5 star ones are obviously PR - Damage control puff pieces. Read some professional leadership manuals!!

"Please avoid this sunk ship"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the day-to-day "on the ground" coworkers are generally good. although the mismanagement at the top has produced a toxic environment full of infighting and stress.

Cons

literally pretty much everything else. they are bankrupt so cannot pay their vendors to keep stocking client sites. we are withholding hundreds of thousands from clients, who are stuck in contracts and cannot find a way to leave. all clients will be gone once contract renewals start rolling in, and they're sure not getting any new business. there's not enough employees here, so the ones that haven't been laid off without any warning are overworked, stressed, tired and constantly emotionally manipulated by managment. the lies i have heard come out of the c-level team's mouth are incredible.

Advice to Management

dissolve the company and give several months severance to the only employees who have stuck beside you

"Avoid at all costs"

I have been working at Delivery Agent (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to big client names (possibly not for much longer)
    Salary is fine

Cons

No communication. None. No one talks to each other. This place is strange.
    No processes so add that to no communication and no one has any idea what is going on.
    Because of this no one does any actual work. Lots of complaining and push back. Mostly
    radio silence. Why bother? There's no way to achieve anything here.
    Most SF employees have enormous chips on their shoulders (well the ones that are left). Yes we know it's expensive to live there and Facebook is near there. You don't work for them though so lose the special snowflake mentality.
    Me first culture. Team work is lacking and most people only care about their own individual performance and not what's best for the company - even managers of teams!
    Lack of clear leadership and hierarchy.
    Lack of interdepartmental respect and courtesy (see below).
    Inexperienced and incompetent managers. There are maybe one or two that have any worth.
    Lots of game playing with clients. Expectations are not set out very well and this results in misunderstandings and passive aggressive behavior from both sides. It's embarrassing.
    Clients steamroll and micromanage (because of the above). You do not have freedom to try and test new things.
    ShopTV - seriously that ship has sailed.
    Dominant male culture.
    You are powerless and have no control over your role or your progression. Your concerns
    and ideas fall on deaf ears.
    General atmosphere or pure misery, frustration and despair. Everyone here needs therapy.
    Bankruptcy, lay-offs, people resigning all over the joint. You get the picture.
    Completely unprofessional.
    Lots of untapped employees with awesome skill sets and an unequal distribution of work.

Advice to Management

What does the company excel at? What's your competitive advantage? The 'underlings' know what that is but do you?
    Make better hiring decisions and put the right people in management. You have completely incompetent people in executive management positions... and you keep hiring them! Stop! It's a waste of your time, their time and the underlings time!
    Replace the existing executive team. This team has no idea what they are doing. Absolutely none. They are seriously lacking in people and basic business management skills. They should all be fired.
    Stop gaslighting your employees - we're not idiots.
    Ethics... surely you've taken a class covering that subject?
    Changing the company name means nothing. Your reputation WILL follow you.

"A Solemn Warning"

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

The gravity of the cons crushes any flimsy and irrelevant pros there might be. Any perks are in place as a distraction. Nothing can redeem the way this company operates.

Cons

Do not work at Delivery Agent. They will break you down and abuse you. You will find yourself sacrificing rationality and basic self-respect for the sake of their impossible, nonsensical expectations. They will convince you that this mode of existence is normal and necessary. Authentic compassion is scarce here. There is only short-sighted greed, calculated deceit, and a narcissistic, subterfuge "vision." Incompetence and delusion lock hands as we all leap off a cliff into oblivion.

Advice to Management

Hire an ethicist to audit and advise. Maybe sponsor weekly therapy for employees. Expand your workforce immediately (although I'm not sure why anyone would knowingly be subjected to this-- good luck with that). Money is not so paramount that you may justify the stress your employees endure on a daily basis.

"Awful Management"

Former Employee - Ecommerce in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Ecommerce in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Delivery Agent (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great team members. The concept of the company attracted creative people.

Cons

Corrupt leadership group. These people are dishonest, disloyal and more often than not provided wrong direction.

Advice to Management

The President of eCom and the CEO should take some night classes focused on basic business practice and certainly ethics. Any company looking to acquire - walk the existing leadership team out before you sign.

"Is anyone listening?"

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people who actually did the real work were great!

Cons

Upper management didn't listen to reports from the trenches and didn't act on issues raised to them.
    Communication of vision and direction was either misleading or too vague to be actionable.
    Constantly trying to do too many things at once and calling it 'scrappy' instead of the reality that it was poor management and lack of commitment to a goal.
    Mass layoffs with no regard to whether the people were top performers or critical to the success of the company.

Advice to Management

The people working for you are humans and good people. Treat them as more than numbers in a spreadsheet and consider the impact you have on their lives.

"Disappointing"

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

- Some of the coworkers were great, genuine people
    - Upper management tries to create a fun culture

Cons

- Total mayhem at all times. Understaffed and did not have the proper technology to meet client needs
    - There is a real glass ceiling at Delivery Agent. I not only felt like I'd never be promoted, but also knew I would never learn or grow professionally.
    - There is some sexism brewing in that office. I was told on my last day by a coworker that my body was distracting to some of the male staff. Really awful.

Advice to Management

I would recommend looking for new jobs. During my time there it seemed like a ticking time bomb and now looking at the more recent reviews it seems to have only gotten worse..

"The Titanic"

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

As the company is in bankruptcy now and laying off employees every single day, nothing.

Cons

CEO Mike Fitzsimmons has a multi-million dollar house, multiple Range Rovers, and won't pay severance to employees who have toiled for him for more than a decade.

Advice to Management

There is clearly no escape from the death spiral. Why even bother keeping up appearances?

"SHAMEFUL!"

Former Employee - Client Services in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Delivery Agent (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's as if they stockpiled money owed to companies just to pay the executive salaries.

Cons

Shady practices by Mike Fitzsimmons, Kim Marder, Jim Peters and Jeff Hagan. We believe the business plan they sold to investors was flawed from the beginning.

Advice to Management

REPENT!! You could have attempted to steer this sinking ship to shore years ago. It is a shame that you brought your employees, investors and vendors down with you. No surprise you are in bankruptcy court. What did you do with the millions of dollars that you allegedly collected and owed to vendors months ago? I suppose Mike Fitzsimmons still has his country club membership paid by the company.
    We are hoping there will be a thorough investigation into the finances and business practices of DA. They must be exposed!!!!

"What a mayham!"

Former Employee - Full Time Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Full Time Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

There are some employees who are very dedicated and great to work with. When I was hired I was promised "unlimited vacations" but that never materialized for me.

Cons

I don't not recommend working for or investing in Delivery Agent(DA). Management is the source of the problems. A totally dishonest, self-serving, and incompetent management who some how think they are above everyone else. Their grand strategy for financial recover which they were the cause of in the first place was to delay paying bills! I am not a CEO, a VP or a director but I manage my own finances and would not dare to stop paying my bills and understand what a mayhem that would cause. To think of it, the difference is that the management of DA does not care about DA but I naturally care bout my own processional finances. That lack of "caring" is the problem. And the management is also technically incompetent, they are just happy to hold on to a position and collect undeserved high salaries. If you want to change DA change its management.

Advice to Management

I don't think the management would hear out advice. Here I read the comments of former and current employees and almost all of them are honest and to the point. The management does not have the wisdom to see reality and they are also very arrogant and see the employees as being below them, as in a cast society! This business has no future the way it is ran. There has to be drastic top level changes. And that day would come.