Delivery Agent Reviews | Glassdoor

Delivery Agent Reviews

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Fitzsimmons

Pros
  • Great people to work for I really enjoy my time and the training (in 10 reviews)

• Flexible hours and trusted to handle your schedule if you get things done (depends on department) (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management in SF is desperate (in 9 reviews)

• Most employees have a hard time with work/life balance because of extreme work load (in 5 reviews)

"N"

Pros

Great people to work for I really enjoy my time and the training. management very patient while training

Cons

The base pay could be more.

2. "Growth and numbers."

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

The company is growing exponentially, and very exciting to work for. Having been here previous to the DA takeover, I've seen the numbers grow exponentially year to year.

Cons

Keeping temporary employees at arms length with contracted employment, instead of offering benefits and reason to be invested in the company.

Advice to Management

Look within your own team for growth.

"Not bad at all but could be a much better place"

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

(Everything below pertains strictly to the e-commerce side of the business in San Francisco)
    - Great work-life balance
    - No pressure in the office
    - Co-workers are a fun group of people, no jerks
    - Small company, so you get to collaborate with almost all teams and get a better understanding for the business

Cons

- Nobody is held accountable for their actions or the lack thereof
    - Some of the old-timers in management are slowly running the business to the ground
    - For a tech company it is extremely non-technical
    - Mediocre results are considered satisfactory

Advice to Management

You really, really, really need to invest in experienced talent and technology. Stop playing politics and favoritism and start holding people accountable. Invest in the technology side of the business and work on retaining and expanding the talent pool. Trust and invest in your employees and they will pay you back. Be more transparent when communicating victories and provide employees with more reasons to be proud of their work place.

Nov 20, 2014 – VP, HR

Thank you for the detailed pros and cons. We appreciate your feedback.

"Ok place to work"

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation, great benefits, great work/life balance

Cons

Its a bit too laid back for some peoples taste.

Advice to Management

Great work/life balance, no joke!

Nov 20, 2014 – VP, HR

Thank your for the input, both positive and constructive!

"Interesting work, cool people and good work/life balance"

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited vacation policy
    Management/HR is really putting in effort to changing the environment and making it a fun place to work
    Since the company is small, work is highly visible and you are able to see the effects of your hard work
    Cool products

Cons

The team is understaffed so there is more than enough work to go around but we all take on what we can
    There should probably be more company events since different teams do not really get a chance to interact that often with other teams
    There's not really any company culture as everybody does their own thing
    The pace is very laid back so work gets done slower than usual
    Also since the company has been around for a while, a lot of people are very comfortable doing things the same, but we need to change to improve
    The office space is running out of room for new hires, hopefully we can move into a bigger space soon

Advice to Management

There needs to be a greater sense of urgency within the company if we want to expand and attract high caliber new hires
    More company events to encourage interdepartment relationships
    Keep effecting change to be a better company

Mar 18, 2014 – VP, HR

Thank you for the feedback! We're hosting weekly episodes of Sons of Anarchy and soon Game of Thrones for all employees and contractors in our San Francisco office... complete with food and ... More

"Overall, a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The technology is cutting edge and really fun to work with. My boss makes me feel appreciated when I put in the extra hours. Good work/life balance, there are few times I work late or weekends, but they are rare.

Unlimited vacation and awesome benefits.

Cons

It's a very isolated environment and hard to get to know anybody. I still have no idea what most people do, even people in my department. If they're not in my department, I wouldn't know them from the janitor, honestly.

Some people are extremely disrespectful and there doesn't seem to be any attitude to stop it.

Advice to Management

Some community building would be awesome.

Mar 18, 2014 – VP, HR

Thank you for the candid input. I am terribly sorry to hear that some people are extremely disrespectful in our Denver office. We will address.

"Fast and fun environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

This company is small enough to provide ample opportunity to be exposed to multiple areas of the business without being siloed. There is a great group of people working at DA.

Cons

Possibly some growing pains as we get bigger but really is a pro vs a con.

Advice to Management

More company held team building events

Mar 18, 2014 – VP, HR

Thank you!! It's wonderful to read this feedback. Glad you're enjoying your experience with DA.

"Delivery Agent- working for a progressive, tech-savy, fun company!"

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Progressive thinking, tech savy, employee focused and rewarding based on merit.

Cons

Satellite offices appear to be somewhat isolated at times with certain aspects of the business.

Mar 18, 2014 – VP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like we need to do more to integrate our satellite offices.

"Fast moving, always changing, creative thinking company with lots of opportunity for growth"

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are always new shows starting and old shows trending upwards. Innovative creative thinking keeps the job interesting and fun. Lots of opportunity to add learning from previous employers. Small teams are nimble and able to react quickly.

Cons

A smaller company always has more work than people to do it. The upside to this is you can use this to learn new skills processes and procedures. You can also contribute more than is typical in a larger company.

Dec 30, 2013 – VP, HR

We definitely find that employees who enjoy a smaller work environment fit well at DA since there is so much to do and employees have the opportunity to wear many hats. Thank you for the reviews!

"My experience at Delivery Agent has been positive."

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The chance to change the future of how consumers use their remote controls is staggeringly cool. And our advertising and commerce products really work for our customers, which is also pretty great.

I also appreciate the lengths the leadership team goes to keep employees in the loop. Frequent all hands meetings (with a chance to ask anonymous questions -- the other day someone asked for the Denver office to start stocking Pop Tarts, a request which was was rebuffed with warmth and humor, though more serious questions are answered in great detail.)

These people are honorable -- my experience has been that management does what it says it's going to do. There are some really brilliant minds here, and I know they're always on the lookout for more.

I was asked to post a review, though not told what to say -- with the hope, I suspect, that current employees would be more satisfied than those who for whatever reason, have left the company. As in all things, everyone's experience is different -- my time here at DA has been largely positive.

Cons

As a relatively new company in a relatively new field, it often does feel like everything is a priority... and of course, that means that projects don't get the focus they deserve, and that it's hard to articulate what we do to outsiders and customers... or sometimes to employees in different departments or offices. But that's impossible to avoid when there's so much ground that needs to be covered in the entertainment commerce and advanced tv/digital advertising space.

I think most of the real drawbacks involved in working here are infrastructure related -- a relatively small, lean team means employees are going to work very hard, and will need to figure out better ways to do things. And it helps to be an optimist. If you are easily discouraged, or if you need very defined and unchanging goals, DA may not be your best choice.

Advice to Management

Add weight (budget and staff) to our marketing team, please, supporting all divisions -- we need to tell our story more strongly.

Dec 30, 2013 – VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts in detail. We appreciate the candidness of your pros and cons. This is very helpful in order to give prospective candidates better insight into ... More