FilterGlasgow, Scotland (UK)
I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 5 years)
- Professional Working environment
- A Good start for those looking to get into Enterprise level infrastructure (from a hardware basis, Server/Networking/Storage)
- Good resources to hand to assist employees improve knowledge if they are looking towards industry certificates
- focuses a lot on the customer, what concerns they have and addresses them
- There's a strong movement within the business to move away from Hardware support only to a services support structure
- Benifits and compensation reasonable if nothing else
- If your not based in one of the main support hubs, career progression can be extremely limited as there isn't that much of an opportunity to develop
- for those going out of their way for the business and assisting the business in various needs is not rewarded and instead criticized
- For the type of work, too much emphasis on metric based results rather than letting staff do what is required to get the issue resolved
Advice to Management
The direction dell is taking now is right for how we need to evolve as a business, however this isn't being taking into consideration from a lower management perspective as they are looking to operate on basic targets with lack of understanding of the movement the business is undertaking
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?