Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Christian Jensen

1. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Easton, MD
    Current Employee - Director in Easton, MD

I have been working at Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees are passionate about what they do. It is an amazing feeling to know that you are making a positive difference in your work. Depending on the type of work, schedules may be flexible and telecommuting may also be an option. We are in the process of implementing two new programs based on employee feedback: a recognition and rewards program and an onsite fitness program.

Cons

Additional hours may be required to meet some contract deliverables during crunch time, but I find everyone is willing to help out and work as a team to meet deadlines.

2. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very Flexible and opportunity to various talents

Cons

Contract work some times drives direction.

3. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Easton, MD
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Easton, MD

I have been working at Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been an employee in the Quality Health Strategies organization for the past 6 years. I sincerely enjoy working for this company. As an employee here I feel that my work is valuable to healthcare and that my accomplishments are appreciated. I can say that our benefits here are awesome. I have been able to obtain both my Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Nursing while utilizing the tuition benefit for credit courses. I also was able to obtain my Certified Professional Coder certification utilizing the tuition benefit for non-credit courses. The company listens to the employees and tries to promote a positive atmosphere. They understand how staff requires a balance between work and family by offering flexibility in scheduling and have telecommuting available. After working here for 6 years I feel that I come to work every day to be with my other family, not just people I work beside.

Cons

Contract work can make job security an issue. However they are great at hiring from within company for other contracts.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open minded with employee suggestions.

5. "Great work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Easton, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Easton, MD

I worked at Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment. Great teamwork and encouragement.

Cons

Contracts may end before you want to leave.

6. "Markeplace Guide"

Current Employee - Marketplace Guide in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Marketplace Guide in Newark, DE

I have been working at Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are very frofecionales and have much consideration with their customers

Cons

no comment, I will like to go back to work for then

Advice to Management

No Comments

7. "Good working experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I worked at Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and atmosphere to work in

Cons

No downsides to working there

Advice to Management

More investments in specific trainings to equip staff in performing at a high level

8. "Don't take the job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Easton, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Easton, MD

Pros

More Holidays than most companies and most people who work here are very nice but under appreciated.

Cons

Expected to work lots of hours for little reward. Small company with large amount of politics.

Advice to Management

Create a culture of mission, vision and values - provide employees with more information on how their jobs/position make the company suceed. Stop the 'in fighting' between departments.

9. "Well rounded"

I have been working at Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment; excellent communication. The company's benefits are solid. Organization supportive of work-life balance. Company encourages innovation throughout its departments.

Cons

There are not a lot of opportunities to move up

10. "Former Employee"

Pros

Work/life balance allowed for telecommuting and flexibility in work schedules.

Cons

Loss many state and federal contracts resulting in massive layoffs, sever turnover rates in the organizations and poor leadership.

Organization became very unprofessional and layoffs required many employees to do the jobs of 3 full-time workers.

Advice to Management

Always be mindful that every organization becomes successful by the employees who work diligently in their professions. Laying off hardworking individuals to keep "favorites" is unethical and "burning out" your employees only degrades the work. Having better leadership is a necessity for businesses aspiring to be in the forefront. I recommend stopping, restarting and rethinking a new strategy to better improvements and leaderships.

"Personal Care Provider"

I have been working at Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care full-time

Pros

Clients are friendly, staff is friendly, you make your own hours and choose where you want to go.

Cons

No cons great company to work for