Deloitte Applications Support Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Cons

1. "Avoid at all costs"

Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Applications Support Engineer in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are really great people who work at this company, and if it hadn't been for them and the friendships we have formed, many of us would have lost our minds a long time ago

Cons

The biggest downside is the company spouts how networking is so important. To reach out and communicate with counselors and leaders and management. They suck you in making you believe you can move with the company. I reached out to a leader, and did have success; however, when my manager found out and realized that the leader was pulling me out of the first contract, there was bad reprocussions. This company does not want strong minded, out of the box thinkers, unless you are from India. They want yes men, people who can just go along. Now, this is just the application management side of things . Have been told the other services were better, but when my new project took me to another service, I found weak management and a willingness to throw team mates under the bus. Compensation was very poor. I talked to many companies in my attempts to get out of this prison and they would say "since your a contractor, we cannot offer you what you make at Deloitte"', until I told them what I made and then they would say "Why are you still there?" Because Deloitte is a monopoly and they are affiliated with 99% of the companies in the US which means you cannot go to that company without jumping through rings of fire. And lastly - do not believe the work life balance lines they give you. This is total lies. If you are not putting in 90 hours a week, you are slacking.

Advice to Management

Have a plan! This is the most disorganized big company I have ever worked for. You go into a project saying "we are going to help"....HOW? And then communicate. There is such a strong lack of communication. You want to utilize overseas help, but you don't want to tell them anything and let them get in trouble and fired for them not knowing. Or vice versa, telling India things you don't tell the US team. But when the India team finds out that someone has gotten a project - which is supposed to be the goal of this organization - there was hell to pay. You need a total revamp of your management teams.