Deloitte Reviews in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Baltimore, MD Area

1.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "High Expectations, Low Return"

Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Deloitte (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool team members. Day to day doers are great and work to make the client happy/successful. Decent benefits. Federal Practice Leader most genuine out of all leaders. Generous PTO.

Cons

Base salary isn't competitve. Senior management only interested in utilization and profitability. Limited training to stay current. Constant pressure to sell clients things they don't need. Hard to retain top talent. Butts to seats logic. Terrible 401k match.

Advice to Management

Invest more in employees. Vendor training over in-house simulations. Become more critical of senior leaders and the value they add or not adding. Only senior by title only in many cases. Not fair to those making it happen but still expected to do more. New performance system is not fact/outcome based. Listen to what employees are saying.

2. "Worst Experience EVER"

Former Employee - Computer Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Computer Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE I did not experience anything positive.

Cons

Delay in start date - months. The 20k sign on bonus is a trap to keep you for two years, if you leave before two years, you must pay back all 20k. Wrong benefits information given by HR. Can't use vacation because of utilization requirement of 90%. Promise of a high annual bonus that turns into 1/3 of what was promised. Very poor management, they care more about personal growth than success of their employees or the project. Hired to do a job within career path, never did that, was moved to do something I was not hired to do and have not done in 15 years. I could go on, but you get the point.

Advice to Management

Stick to commercial work. You have no idea what you are doing in DoD environment.

"Wrost, Horrible, Pathetic, Corrupted, Unethical, Racist, Vulgar, Abuse, Missing"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are hiring veteran for their own business purpose, the company is unethical, do no work here,

Cons

I am a veteran I have been to Iraq war, I would prefer to go back to Iraq than work with Deloitte, the name should be Deloitte Corruption LLC

- Expectation is to have all the employee to be billiable and work more than 60hours on client
    - over charge client even for a small business
    - fool the client to spend more, unethical
    - They are violating the Dept of Labor code of conduct, if you take leave your billiable hours will be down and over all performance will be given Negative
    even if an earned PTO is taken

Advice to Management

Be an ethical company, not a corruption company, make your employee as priority not corruption

4. "Internship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Deloitte (Less than a year)

Pros

Good experience, learnt a lot.

Cons

The pay is very low for interns, maybe because the supply is high.

5. "Review"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours
    Great salary
    Great benefits
    Very experienced professionals

Cons

Large organization with minimal personal attention

Advice to Management

Spend more time getting to know virtual team members

6. "Good place to grow."

Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people - individuals from all walks of life, ready and willing to share life experience. The skills you learn early on in your career will be with you long into the future - whether with Deloitte or elsewhere.

Cons

Long hours - aside from client work, you're also expected to contribute heavily to the firm.

Advice to Management

Be present a little bit more.

7. "Good experience, long hours, politics"

Former Employee - Auditor in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Auditor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good experience for newly hired graduates.
    Can see various companies inner workings.
    CPA experience.

Cons

Travel.
    At the whim of managers, if you get a good manager that's great, if not, it's difficult.
    Long hours.

8. "Great Experience for Recent College Grads"

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to learn about different industries, and gain transferable skills in finance and accounting. Plenty of opportunities to travel throughout the country depending on your client portfolio.

Cons

Work/Life Balance can be difficult during busy season especially. Annual performance reviews are based on ranking against your peers.

9. "Awesome Firm"

Current Employee - Associate V in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Associate V in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility and benefits for you and your family.

Cons

I have not had any Cons of Deloitte.

"Deloitte Consulting is no place for a developer. The technology talk is all talk."

Current Employee - Specialist Senior (Deloitte Likes to Do Things Backwards) in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some great developers but three of four have quit due to poor management and few opportunities.

Cons

Demoralizing annual review process. They don't care at all about the quality of the work, only corporate buzzwords like building your eminence. My manager has zero coding experience yet felt qualified to rate my work average. It was well above average and I worked long hours without a single thanks all year. I haven't bothered to wait until the salary review that comes two months later to start looking for a job where quality work is acknowledged and appreciated.

They will tell you you get to set your own goals. You don't. You only get to write a very narrow goal in areas that they have set for you whether you have any interest in that area or not.

They will tell you they have great technical education available. It's outdated, incomplete and hard to use. If you try to get outside courses you will be told you need to stay on the project. They will forget this at review time and say you should have done more.

Advice to Management

Drop the annual review process. It's the worst I've ever seen in 25 years in the business.

Create a technology track. The specialist track isn't it. It's full of non tech people like PMPs. Do not let PMPs review developer work. They are not qualified to do so.

The pay is too low. I had two offers that were 40% raises within weeks of looking after this year's unfair review. I have no idea what the salary adjustment and bonus will be but there is almost zero chance I will stick around Deloitte after bonus time.

Showing 12 of 20,549 reviews