Deloitte Reviews in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends

1. "It was fine."

Former Employee - Manager of Product Safety and Quality in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Manager of Product Safety and Quality in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent people work at Deloitte

Cons

Sales requirements are quite steep.

Advice to Management

Cannot treat employees in innovative areas like long established practices, such as audit, finance, consulting, etc.

2. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work; provides lot of opportunities to learn things.

Cons

Some times the deadlines get too hectic which is normal in any IT firm.

3. "Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are exposed to many great learning opportunities while working closely with some very skilled people. The company has great benefits and good holiday and summer hours.

Cons

Good performances are not always recognized right away (speaking for some co-workers). Although they are implementing changes to help correct this issue. You need to find intrinsic value and self-validation in the work you do. Prepare to work long hours during 'busy season.'

5. "Audit Senior"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

good experience, people, benefits, flexible summers

Cons

long hours during busy season hours, pay

6. "Awesome Company"

Former Employee - Audit in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Audit in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Amazing benefits for when you receive a full time position. Opportunities to move up

Cons

You work alot of hours

Advice to Management

Spend more time with interns

"No better place to start a career."

Former Employee - Audit Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Audit Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work right out of college. I stayed for six years and don't regret the time spent (nor, I should add, do I regret leaving). Excellent resume-builder, plus you get an opportunity to make an immediate impact in a meritocratic, team-oriented environment. Benefits are good; don't let anybody keep you from using all of those PTO weeks. I worked with many extremely bright people, and I would say the number of people I encountered with whom I had difficulty working I could count on one hand. The opportunity to manage people so early on in your career is something I think some people who start at D&T might take for granted.. it is hugely helpful when you start looking for opportunities elsewhere. You get so many great opportunities for development here.

Cons

Depending on the office and depending on the client, hours can be pretty bad. There were two primary factors that made me decide against trying for partner and led to me deciding to leave: 1) I saw that the "carrot" in making partner was largely monetary; you never really get a break from the tough hours and extreme demands of clients. If anything, the partners' work-life balance seemed worse than the staffers. And 2) the ridiculous demands and changing-with-the-wind whims of the PCAOB made me feel like I ended up doing more and more CYA work that was pointless and not helpful to the actual audit. I don't really blame D&T for this- they don't have a choice. But the over regulation by the PCAOB (and, to a lesser extent, the SEC) made it increasingly difficult for me to take personal pride in my work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. My experience- especially working in the Cincinnati office- was extremely positive and I have the utmost respect for the people I worked with.

8. "Enjoyed working here; was a great stepping stone for my career."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Colleagues were excellent. Promotion path was clear. The office culture was very professional, and the clientele were top notch clients.

Cons

I really think my experience was excellent at Deloitte. I have no negative things to say about working there. It was pretty cutthroat, but that's what I expected and that's par for the course for an international firm like Deloitte.

Advice to Management

Better compensation would have kept me there, but the experience I received made up for the lack of compensation.

9. "Fast paced environment that will prepare for the career in internal audit or accounting"

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good experience for a future career in industry

Cons

No such thing as work-life balance

Advice to Management

none

10. "Great place to kick off your career (Depending on your perspective)"

Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The top pro about working at Deloitte is the networks you make and the opportunities that are unlocked the second you walk in the door. Once you're here, you're a valued asset anywhere else in the industry. You are looked at by everyone in Accounting as a professional that has the skills and the experience to navigate pretty much any other Job in accounting. Not only do you gain valuable skills relating to accounting issues but you also gain an understanding of the inner workings of a variety of companies within industries, something that you can never achieve unless you're at a Big Four.

Personally, I joined Deloitte compared to any other of the Big Four because I liked the recruiters at my school. Believe it or not, that in itself was enough for me to lean towards working for Deloitte than anything else. That to me represented the culture and the people that I would be working with and it didn't disappoint. The people I work with are incredible; the drive and ambition within every individual I have met is off the charts; More so the work ethic and overall intelligence you find here simply cannot be found anywhere else.

Cons

With everything that Deloitte is, there are still a few things it lacks. And these missing pieces are pretty apparent right out the gate. The long hours and relatively low pay (at least for the first 6-7 years) are reasons enough for anyone to jump ship when you consider having and proving for a family as well as spending time with friends and family. That is the only con of working here. If you can live with working for twice minimum wage/hr (calculated) at least for the first few years of your career then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Pay staff a little more, at least be close to being competitive with industry. It's understandable that Deloitte doesn't care about retaining talent but at least keep them happy while they're here. The perks are great but the salary just isn't up to par. Everyone realizes that there's nothing that anyone can do about what Deloitte decides to pay us but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be compensated well for our hard work.

11. "Good. Working long hours"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Good benefits. people are nice

Cons

working long hours. nothing else

Advice to Management

dont let your staff working too much hours

Showing 19 of 16,588 reviews