Deloitte Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Deloitte Denver Reviews

Denver, CO

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • Great work life balance across the board (in 1143 reviews)

• fantastic place to start / grow your career (in 404 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a work-life balance (in 3105 reviews)

• No work-life balance during busy season (in 625 reviews)

"Don't WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM"

Current Employee - Engineer At Deloitte Digital in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer At Deloitte Digital in Denver, CO

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Free lunches once a week maybe . Flexible hours. They give you a sweet development enviornment(macbook,thunderbolt,etc)

Cons

Less pay. Extremely poor employee retention. They will fire you even if they dont assign you any work . Favoritism with the managers so new guys will never get to be on a project. Senior management lies to your face. All the managers want to look out for themselves before they even start to care for the engineer. Benefits are horrible (i actually think non-existent though) . Engineers are treated with zero respect. Career growth is non-existent here. You are expected to go and beg the managers for months before you are even assigned some work to do.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. Stop hiring. Stop wasting other people's time. Least you can do is not "indirectly" let people go for something not even their fault.

"Worst 4.5 years of my life"

Former Employee - Tax Senior in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Tax Senior in Denver, CO

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good resume enhancer. That's it.

Cons

Aweful untrustworthy environment. Smug, self important people. Politics from hell.

"Ubermind was great. Deloitte does not get digital."

Current Employee - Designer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Designer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, smart, creative, talented. Great work environment, flexible hours, 25 days of PTO, high salaries, great benefits, excellent work/life balance.

Cons

Poorly run projects, too much consultant integration, clients are now B2B and enterprise level. Get ready to work on Oracle | SAP, SharePoint, and Power Points.

Advice to Management

Create the role of project manager. Stop letting tech consultants from around the globe sell work to terrible clients who do not care about design. Let the talented people you hire do the job you hired them to do. Stop integrating Deloitte consulting into Deloitte Digital. We hire people telling me we focus on mobile and web. For the last 6 months this is not true. I have spent countless hours creating Power Point decks for tech consultants that have nothing to do with my role as a designer. Constant departure of talented people is just sad.

"Dishonest Employer"

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, some nice travel perks (can save a lot of money being on the road weekly), great resume builder, good networking

Cons

Dishonest employer, difficult to move around in the company, lack of work, a lot of rude co workers with some serious attitude, grueling travel schedule for no reason, Senior management is only evaluated on sales and not how well a project is run

Advice to Management

Actually take a look at employees skills and interests, you will provide a better professional service to clients and have happier employees with less turnover

"Fantastic resume builder, but comes at a high price"

Former Employee - ERS Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - ERS Consultant in Denver, CO

Pros

-Health, dental, vision benefits were good
    -There is a big focus on continuing education, job skills training, and learning that was really cool
    -Two words: Brand Name. Having this on your resume gets you in "the club" once you leave Deloitte. I was shocked at the weight that having that on my resume carried. It's totally overrated in my opinion, but man will this open doors for you.

Cons

I hated almost every minute of this job once I started full time (I started out as an intern, and let me tell you, their internships are NOT representative of how you will ultimately be treated when you are full time).

-Travelled all the time
    -Never worked less than 60 hours per week, usually more like 80-90
    -Treated like absolute dirt - there is absolutely no respect given to staff. Seniors (who are at most 2 years ahead of you) think it's their role to make you feel as insignificant as possible.
    -Tedious, rote, remedial work is all you get to do for your first couple of years. It's such a waste! Big 4 hire the best, brightest, most ambitious young people out there and then they waste their talents, treat their people like garbage, and burn employees out in one year flat usually. I had a Master's degree and was a CPA when I started there and was doing the most basic data entry, errand boy-type work you could ever imagine (can you say "bagel duty"?).
    -It's not okay to think outside of the box
    -You are just a cog in the wheel- you have no idea what your work means to the overall picture of one audit, much less the firm as a whole
    -Woefully underpaid given the circumstances
    -Everyone promoted and paid on a set schedule, regardless of your performance compared to your peers
    -Cliques, good ol' boys club, brown-nosing, politics

People who stick around are sycophants and puppets. Life is much better on the "outside", or "in industry" as they say.

Advice to Management

Quit working people to the bone and being satisfied with 30-40% annual attrition rates just because you will have a new group of suckers each fall. People deserve to be treated with dignity, respect, and basic compassion. Also, you hire amazing talent and then chase them away!

Showing 5 of 18,233 reviews