Deloitte Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Houston, TX Area

3.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Deloitte is great and the best place to launch a career."

Current Employee - Tax Staff in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Tax Staff in Houston, TX

Pros

The people are really nice and laid back. You will have an awesome resume builder and work with a great group of talented young individuals. They care about your promotions and how much you're learning. However, they also care about your personal life and how satisfied you are with your job. That is reall nice and reassuring. Also, the people are Deloitte aren't nerds or stuck up like some ppl at the other firms which makes it a really nice place to work. Finally, we know how to party and have free time but that doesn't consume our day. In the end, we're still accountants and you can't forget that.

Cons

The hours during busy season. I'm not too crzy about the office either. Not alot of sunlight enters the center of the office where the cubilces are because the managements offices surround the windows. I'd like more travel opportunties with tax too. But overall, I can't say too much negative stuff about Deloitte because there isn't any.

Advice to Management

We need a new office and better bonuses...more like the ones Investment Bankers get. We are compensated fairly but I think that management could do a better job at increasing the bonuses, etc. The salaries are legit right now.

"Great place to start and finish your career!"

Current Employee - Audit Partner in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Audit Partner in Houston, TX

Pros

Great place to work with great people and great clients. It's also a place that you can work as hard as you want or as little as you want. The harder you work, though, the more you are appreciated and rewarded.

Cons

You can get caught up in the over demand for the organization's services. If you're not careful, you can work everyday. Don't let that happen to yourself but do step up when necessary. You will not be disappointed.

Advice to Management

Begin to right size and scale back the utilization requirements. They are too high in certain markets.

3. "Great place to start your career."

Current Employee - ERS Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - ERS Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

You get great experience and leadership opportunities are prevalent. The pay is good. There are lots of organizations you can join to feel connected. You are in charge of your own career. You have the opportunity to somewhat run your schedule as long as you get your work done.

Cons

Bad luck with getting bad clients. Not all managers are good. The reasons I identified as good reasons to work at Deloitte are based on the assumption that you get a good manager. My experiences so far have been positive. There is a political aspect to Deloitte that you must deal with as well.

Advice to Management

Look at scheduling people more based on what they are interested in.

4. "Intern Position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Many Oppurtunities within the company unlimited

Cons

Long Hours that keep you in office all day

Advice to Management

Cut down some hours or increase salary

5. "Deloitte provided me with a wonderful internship experience."

Current Employee - Audit Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Audit Intern in Houston, TX

Pros

The company is very committed to its employees. Interns are treated just like full-time staff and given plenty of opportunities.

Cons

Deloitte is a big company and as an intern you are competing against 20-plus other qualified candidates for a full time position.

6. "There have been no surprises and the experience has exceeding my expectations."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The Deloitte culture is fun and the people are great to work with. We work on significant client issues so the work we do has great impact.

Cons

There is a lot of travel, as there is with any major consulting firm. There is a great deal of significance placed on internal firm activities in addition to the demands of client work.

Advice to Management

Reduce the bureaucracy as much as possible. Train managers to focus on efficiency as teams spend too much time in redundant efforts for little added value.

7. "The best company I'll ever work for."

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career development: ample training, many projects
    Allowed me to get into a new line of work upon asking
    Time and attention and great career advice from Partners
    Partners and Sr. Managers care about their people and want to develop them
    HIre older, more experienced people which clients appreciate.
    Teams work well together.

Cons

Constant travel
    If you're not a partner in 10 years, you're out. This is much longer than the others...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're doing it quite well.

"Deloitte has incredible benefits and is extremely flexible."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the brightest folks I have every worked with. Good pay, good leaders, good benefits, good work life balance, and climbing the charts for almost every ranking in the country. Number 1 or 2 in every area we choose to play.

Cons

Most of the folks here have a pretty solid personality that fits the culture but there are some complete goofballs that slip through the cracks. The arrogance is oozing from some folks. This typically comes from the 'top tier mba' hires that come in as senior consultants.

Advice to Management

You're doing a good job. Money is more fun than events.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

training, work life balance, talent of coworkers

Cons

Still very audit or tax orientated

"Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Good compensation, lots of training material available and flexible working environment

Cons

-Being such a huge firm, management could give little more personal attention to their consultants. I worked their for 5 years and always had an above average performance review, but the offer they made when i was leaving was not even worth considering,

Advice to Management

management could give little more personal attention to their consultants, especially considering we are the people generating revenue for them.

Showing 164 of 20,071 reviews