Deloitte Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Manager

3.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Very few - you have to manage your work/life balance but the firm supports you well for that if you are a good employee" (in 3895 reviews)

• "busy season has no work life balance" (in 803 reviews)

"Awesome culture!"

Current Employee - Audit Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Audit Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the people, flexibility, diversity and leadership examples from the Deloitte CEO, Cathy Engelbert!! Excellent benefits and compensation and the learning curve is astounding!

Cons

The long hours can sometimes be tough.

2. "Audit Manager"

Current Employee - Audit Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, quick promotions, more responsibility

Cons

Longer hours, busy season ends later and later each year

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing group of professionals, both at leadership and staff level, and you can get really good exposure to the most complex issues companies around the world are facing today

Cons

Work life balance is out of the window, senior leadership works 24/7 and expects all to follow suit, there are people who do not know the technical aspects or the core business but just use politics to rise up in ranks, this is really alarming in such an open organization;

Advice to Management

Although I had a wonderful journey, I was really plagued by politics and the way some of the senior level members treat staff members, I do not indulge and support politics at work, no work-life balance, there is a need to watch all the groups closely and how fair are we treating employees from all religion, caste and creed and not just on the survey/training's that happen periodically.

4. "Tax Manager"

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance

Cons

low compensation on each level

5. "Deloitte"

Current Employee - Knowledge Manager
    Current Employee - Knowledge Manager

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture is great. My role allows me to work from home. Lots of growth and development opportunity.

Cons

Work/life balance can get out of control of you let it.

Advice to Management

N/a

6. "it feels like a corporation now, no longer a partnership"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great employer , brand name

Cons

Find the right group. Career path to partner/MD keeps extending.

"Could be worse..."

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think Deloitte is really trying to create some work/life balance. Anyone in consulting knows that's a big challenge. At least they try...

Cons

Same cons as any other big 4 consulting firm. The work can occasionally take over your life and make you want to quit.

Advice to Management

Keep making strides to improve work/life balance. Find a better performance management system and immediately get rid of dead weight. Too many projects with co-workers that drag the team down. The slack has to be made up by your top performers and will eventually drive them to quit.

8. "Leadership is clueless on what the future looks like for the company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance
    Compensation is fair
    Fantastic benefits

Cons

My leaders are absolutely clueless
    Most of the old-timers just hang around to retire and get their pension
    Most of the leaders have been in the company so long, they don't understand what innovation really means
     Insane politics and MDs behave childish
    No direction or vision provided by MDs
    Their yearly feedback in writing is given by a green dot in a 2x2 quadrant
    I have had the most clueless boss in my life over 15 years. I am not sure how she's reached this level and shes not the only one within the organization.
    Remote teams hardly engage with each other apart from meetings. Its like talking to strangers at times!

Advice to Management

Conduct a due-diligence on the leadership, especially MDs and Senior managers who have spent more than 10 years in the company and not producing any value whatsoever
    Walk the talk and take more risks with innovation, rather than thinking if you will lose your job by taking such risks

9. "Resource Management Role Changes - due diligence for these roles is needed if applying"

Current Employee - Resource Manager
    Current Employee - Resource Manager

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte is a great company. Benefits are great and you work with smart, talented people for the most part. The Resource Manager role is usually virtual, but don't let this fool you into thinking you have work/life balance, because you don't.

Cons

Work life balance is an issue for those in talent roles as well as consultants - it's non stop with email and urgent requests.

Resource Management as a whole is going through major transformation. Before we could barely juggle the competing demands between practitioner management and business leader/project leader requests and inquiries. They have split the role into three roles and every one is now miserable.

The roles of Engagement Staffing Specialist/Manager (project side) and Deployment Specialist (people side) have become unchallenging, but yet we can't keep up with the work demand. We can't meet the business needs as the model change is causing major delays in providing them what they need, in a timely manner as a result of poor change management and less than optimal tools at our disposal.

Everyone is unhappy and leaving at lightening speed. I would recommend anyone looking or interviewing for Resource management type roles, does their due diligence - because they will be shocked upon starting and realizing what the work is. On the Engagement staffing side, the role is more of now of processing project demand orders- no opportunity to be strategic and help the business solve problems. Instead your role will be to take orders for project needs/demands and process via our less than efficient tool (that RM leadership didn't get the practices to adopt) and find options to propose for staffing. It's tedious and doesn't require many brain cells, but when you're doing that 8-10 times a day it becomes unmanageable; feels more like call center work.

We can't even effectively provide PTO support for our peers, because our own work load is just so much.

Based on what other competitors have done, we suspect they are moving to outsource a chunk of this work. RM leadership vehemently denies this, but i guess we can't expect them to tell us the truth if that's the case.

Advice to Management

We need new, fresh ideas at the RM leadership level. There's a group of players "RM Club" that have been around for a long while and they make decisions to suit their needs and keep others from moving up or growing. There also seems to be a complete disregard or understanding in relation to the model change and the issues it's causing and we are left to face the business through that. If the business escalates issues, the RM is then scrutinized even though we are doing all we can to mitigate that from the onset. Feels very disempowering.

Deployment Manager role - please reassess who you put int here roles; there are folks there that have no idea how to manage that role and what to do with it and are not providing the level of support needed.

Poor to non-existent change management skills with RM leadership; that's evident given this model change and the technology tool implementation of a few years ago.

We need RM leaders that will go toe-to-toe with practice leaders - assert their worth and in turn our place in supporting them. Caving to the business constantly only diminished our worth and ability to effectively support the business.

"Overall Evaluation"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! Fair compensation, benefits and career opportunities

Cons

Way too much politics in the internal corporate relationships in other to make partner.