Deloitte Reviews in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

Deloitte Memphis Reviews

Found 5 reviews

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance needs a check(in 4243 reviews)

• "You will have no work life balance as you are expected to work a minimum of 65 hours some weeks(in 887 reviews)

1. "Deloitte - Where the best choose to be"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Memphis, TN

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Great people, great clients, great resources to advance your career - Deloitte is a wonderful place to begin your career.

Cons

Of course, the hours are long - 55 minimum for 3 months of the year. However, this is the case for any public accounting firm.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. However, the applause awards are really nice - especially at the end of each busy season.

2. "Audit Assistant"

Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good start to career, looks good on resume to get a better job, PTO

Cons

Long hours, auditing is the least glorious profession in the business world, travel (depends)

3. "We work a lot of long hours October-April; however, there are perks to the job during the off months."

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

They have good benefits and a lot of time off even if you aren't allowed to always take that time off.

Cons

We work VERY long hours.

Advice to Management

Treat your people with more respect and praise those who do well, so they are more willing to stick around. Most of the smartest and most competant people I've worked with have ended up quitting due to the lack of respect.

4. "Great exposure"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Memphis, TN

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Immediate exposure to multiple businesses and industries. It's easy to learn a lot in a very little amount of time. If you perform well, you are allowed to take on a tremendous amount of responsibility at an early point in your career.

Cons

Work/life balance. Busy season is tough.

Advice to Management

Encourage associates to take their available time off during non-peak seasons. Many people get burned out when they feel like they can't take any PTO.

5. "staff auditor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Opens up doors to many great opportunities. Competitive salary. Challenging and exciting work environment. Great title to put on your resume.

Cons

A lot of work all the time. You stay very busy. The hours can often be very long and traveling can be a pain.

Advice to Management

The leadership at Deloitte is very strong. Staff gets assigned a senior person who offers advice and serves as a mentor.

Found 5 reviews