Deloitte Reviews in Mississippi | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

3.8
Deloitte CEO Joe Ucuzoglu - US
Joe Ucuzoglu - US
  1. "Intern Software Developer; A really good experience"

Current Intern - Intern in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Deloitte for less than a year

Pros

From a Summer Intern's Perspective from Mobile, AL: Good money, considering what other options were available Learned a lot Work was relatively easy Normal hours Didn't feel majorly stressed Good amount of (paid) events/dinners (in my opinion)

Cons

Although I was an Intern Software Developer, I had to travel conventions and training of Consultants. It wasn't too bad, only went to 2 of them. Online training took awhile and was annoying, it's like a bunch of little details... Which also seemed more concerned towards consultants. But there were things such as "You cannot buy stocks for X company due to Y reason"

Deloitte2013-12-27
  2. "Great Place to Start, But Not Much Else"

Former Employee - Center Associate in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Deloitte is a great place to start a career. It's an easy hire (even with no experience) and there are a lot of great people who work there who will help you get up to speed. The work isn't too challenging to handle and the hours aren't long.

Cons

The compensation is not very competitive. If you plan on staying, you'd better be happy with what you're getting to start, because it isn't going to go up much. Performance Evaluation ratings are largely based on who can blow the most smoke rather than who does the best work, though Deloitte has since admitted as much since I left and is in the process of making changes.

Advice to Management

Be more competitive with your compensation and you'll experience less turnover, especially with your more talented staff. Reward quality work instead of just who can brag about themselves the best.

Deloitte2015-11-14
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Associate V in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are awesome, I have heard other people say in Tax/Audit that they work long hours. I work in technology and always had a very steady 40-45 hr work week with little stress. The Personal Time Off, 401k, etc is all very nice. I was sent to many great technology training classes. I feel lucky to have the opportunities i have had. I was lucky to find a steady long term project to work on.

Cons

Performance awards, Year end ratings, project ratings, all depend heavily on the projects you are staffed on. You may have to travel a lot. If you cannot get staffed on a project life can get very hard you'll have to compromise on the project you join. Salary is good out of college, but after a few years you might find you are being underpaid, and the only way to get a raise is to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Compensation does not scale with time and skill. Salary as a college new hire is appealing but after 2 years of experience you need to offer more money to keep people from leaving. Benefits are hard to beat though.

Deloitte2014-06-08
  4. "My Review of Deloitte Consulting - Technology"

Current Employee - Center Associate 6 in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Diverse opportunities using various technologies. Allows for room to expand your personal skill set.

Cons

Work Life Balance is difficult to achieve if you hit your personal goals and the additional company request.

Deloitte2014-01-16
  5. "It's a great place to get experience, but difficult to rise quickly because it takes time."

Current Employee - Consultant in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great Management -Great opportunities to gain experience

Cons

-Low pay for consultants -Long hours -A4s and lower are ineligible for bonuses -it may take as long as 3+ years to get promoted from A4 to A5

Advice to Management

Higher pay because cost of living correlation is garbage. If I'm doing the same work as an analyst in DC, I should get the pay they get. Usually, I'm cleaning up their messes.

Deloitte2013-06-19