Deloitte Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Nashville, TN Area

3.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "International Accounting Intern"

Former Intern - International Accounting in Nashville, TN
    Former Intern - International Accounting in Nashville, TN

I worked at Deloitte as an intern

Pros

Good place to work at

Cons

None none none none none

Advice to Management

None

"Build your resume then get out of the rat race"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having Deloitte on your resume holds a lot of weight
    Get 16 weeks off when you have a kid

Cons

The internal recruiter will try to talk your salary down. It is part of their job. So get as much as you can up front.
    When you get promoted you'll only receive a 5% increase and most people leave because of this.
    The PPDs (principals, partners, and directors) will put millions in their pockets before they give you hundreds.
    Little to no profit sharing. You'll be lucky to get 1k or 2k as a bonus. Even managers say their bonuses "are not enough to buy a car with".
    Raises are calculated by national cost of living increases and not local... So if you live in a city like Nashville where the cost of living is skyrocketing, you get shafted.
    Several of my peers and I spent thousands of hours on a highly profitable project and were only rewarded with a party... Yet the PPDs kept bragging about how much money we were making. What they were really bragging about was how much money they were making... They literally kept telling us we made double this year than last year. Then the year after we made double again compared to last year. Yet the raises and bonuses were 2 to 4 % for most people...
    The PPDs make a "plan" when it comes to profits and bring it up as a talking point during meetings. They can not meet "plan" and still be profitable. If they do not meet "plan" you'll receive little to no bonuses and or raises, yet they will still fill their coffers with money. "Plan" could be anything. For example, "plan" could be double what we made last year in profit. Basically the PPDs are getting paid first, the most, and will share little to no profit, yet you are doing all the actual work and if something goes wrong, you'll be canned.
    If you find a way for the company to make millions or save millions, you'll only receive a pat on the back, well unless you are a PPD.
    If you find a way for the company to make millions or save millions, most of your peers will turn on you.
    The recruiter will not tell you that you are expected to bill more than 40 hour weeks. There was actually a mandate that went out and it asked everyone to bill 55 hour weeks minimum.................. The mandate was quickly reworded.......
    60% of internal IT is incompetent and doesn't understand the other parts of Deloitte (profit centers) are their clients and that the other parts of Deloitte do not have to use them.
    Work here for a few years, get Deloitte on your resume, then get out of the rat race (race to no where).

Advice to Management

Stop bragging about how much money we are making and then giving us less than 0.1% of it as bonuses and roughly 2 to 4% raises every year.
    Stop calculating raises based on national cost of living increases (lazy) and do it by local city.
    Stop taking away the spot reward program (gift cards) because we "are not making plan".
    Stop hiring people's friends under or near them, 95% of the time you are creating gangs and or a negative work atmosphere.
    Stop firing 2 to 3 people every August and then hiring 10 to 15 people in India days later... This is literally creating a rat race work atmosphere.
    Share profits.

3. "Good Benfits"

Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Nashville, TN

Pros

500 a year in well being

Cons

No growth potential for new hires

4. "Worst career choice I've made."

Current Contractor - Engagement Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Contractor - Engagement Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deloitte as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- On-site cafe w/ weekly local food / restaurants served
    - Decent hourly rate for contractors (but only for hours worked, not PTO or holidays)

Cons

- Quickly hired, one interview - should have been a red flag (just needed another body in a seat)
    - No on-boarding/introduction to work, projects, teams, or office. Just thrown into the fire to be the new scapegoat for delays or miscommunication
    - Expectation is to work whatever hours are needed to get the work done, knowing that not all over-time is approved or paid. If you only work 40 hrs/week, 1 of 2 things happens: your projects suffer which ppl take as a result of you not knowing what to do; or management inquires into why you're not doing more.
    - LONG hours as a result of off-shore communications. Typically 10+ hr days needed to get minimum work expectations completed
    - No work / life balance (not to be confused with ability to work from home as needed)
    - Lack of management or senior input & availability.
    - Long term employees that are comfortable with 50+ hr work weeks create a lot more stress and noise around projects than is necessary.
    - Lack of communication and responsibility
    - Excessive amounts of process and red tape that are Deloitte specific, and not industry specific. BIG learning curve, if someone can take the time to share.

Advice to Management

Sort it out.
    Put time and effort into getting your employees up to speed and you'll have happier, long term employees.
    Foster a better culture and team, and you see an increase in quality of work.

I have no idea how Deloitte has won "best places to work" - probably bc of the PPMD ("VPs") who reap all the benefits at max pay.

5. "US PMO Manager - Hermitage PMO"

Former Employee - PMO Manager in Hermitage, TN
    Former Employee - PMO Manager in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Comparable benefits with 30 days PTO all inclusive and liberal work from home

Cons

Having the time to take the PTO due to consistent over allocation of Project Managers. Purportedly an Agile environment but heavy process documentation i.e. multiple/redundant checklist. Very restrictive for PM's who are used to managing a project whereas a PM becomes more of a coordinator generating multiple reports. Highly polarized and political PMO.

Advice to Management

Highly capable PMO leader. Let her do her job and quit undermining her.

"Senior AP/Receivable Assistant"

Current Employee - Senior AP/Receivable Assistant in Hermitage, TN
    Current Employee - Senior AP/Receivable Assistant in Hermitage, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is like no other
    Benefits
    Work environment
    Culture

Cons

There really aren’t any. The hours have been rough due to a big business client transition, but they make immense efforts to ensure our work life balance is stable

7. "Internal Audit Staff"

Former Employee - Internal Audit Staff in Hermitage, TN
    Former Employee - Internal Audit Staff in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte as a whole is a great firm to work for. The firm cares about its people and the benefits are excellent. Great healthcare, 401k, well being subsidy, and PTO. Deloitte Internal Audit is a good place to start a career. The basics of auditing were taught, and Deloitte has great training programs.

Cons

Internal service managers need training. A lot do not know how to deal with people. Internal Audit showed extreme favoritism and it was hard to get promoted if you were not one of the favorites. Internal Audit management did not seem to care to develop its staff and the turnover rate in the department was alarmingly high.

Advice to Management

Firmwide- Train all managers in people skills and basic management skills.
    Internal Audit- develop and invest in your people

8. "Work hard, play later"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of opportunities to grow your network.
    High visibility into what is trending and where we're going in the future.
    A lot of projects with ample amounts of areas to use your strengths.
    I get to work remote sometimes

Cons

Everyone seems heads down.
    Culture seems to promote working some nights and weekends.
    I have been on 5 large projects at once and it made me slip on the lower priority ones.

Advice to Management

Create more team building opportunities.

9. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility
    Transparent feedback for improvement to next level through the various reporting metrics
    Upward mobility is set in stone if you are good at your job you will get promoted
    Great young people to get connected with
    Great place to begin caterer but probably not somewhere to stay long term

Cons

This job requires lots of writing and documentation
    Over worked

Advice to Management

I think the work could be divided up better. Some new hires get better clients that are large and don’t require one to monitor their hours billed as closely. However if you have multiple small engagements you can gauarentee that your busy season will be year round and there will be no time for pto unless you make the time.

10. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Deloitte is a great place to work.

Cons

Although company provides pension plan, it will be great if they provide another retirement plan.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Showing 64 of 24,090 reviews