Deloitte Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Nashville, TN Area

3.3

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance goes for a toss (in 3624 reviews)

• no work life balance for the employees (in 750 reviews)

1. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Deloitte is a great place to work.

Cons

Although company provides pension plan, it will be great if they provide another retirement plan.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

2. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility
    Transparent feedback for improvement to next level through the various reporting metrics
    Upward mobility is set in stone if you are good at your job you will get promoted
    Great young people to get connected with
    Great place to begin caterer but probably not somewhere to stay long term

Cons

This job requires lots of writing and documentation
    Over worked

Advice to Management

I think the work could be divided up better. Some new hires get better clients that are large and don’t require one to monitor their hours billed as closely. However if you have multiple small engagements you can gauarentee that your busy season will be year round and there will be no time for pto unless you make the time.

3. "Life of a Contractor that resisted a pay cut salaried conversion."

Former Contractor - Program Manager in Hermitage, TN
    Former Contractor - Program Manager in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good Coffee, being able to add Big 4 experience on your resume.

Cons

Constant reorgs, budgeting issues. Conversion pay cuts.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve on work life balance. Stop the practice of offering contractors 25-40% pay cuts when offering a salaried position.

4. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Hermitage, TN
    Current Employee - Intern in Hermitage, TN

I have been working at Deloitte (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome Benefits, Great Culture, Great opportunities

Cons

45 hour min work weeks

Advice to Management

please do not dock people for taking all of PTO

"If you are looking for eDiscovery work, these guys will take advantage of you."

Current Employee - EDiscovery Analyst in Hermitage, TN
    Current Employee - EDiscovery Analyst in Hermitage, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and for some reason everyone is impressed they are on your resume.

Cons

- Field PMs are never held accountable. If they make mistakes, it is swept under the rug or blamed on other departments. When accountability from the field PMs is requested, the PM manager will often bully other managers until the other team managers are forced to back down.

- The field PMs have little to no experience in the technical side of eDiscovery, and as a result will outright lie to clients about expectations. Then, when things go sideways, they always have other departments to make the scapegoat. It is literally destroying our client relationships, yet leadership is too stuck in their ways to see the problem or too lazy to fix it, or too busy counting their bonus money from a recently acquired high-paying client to care.

- Pay. Their pay is abysmal. Ironically, the pay is worse for people who have been with the company for years than for new hires. New hires are hired on making 20% - 25% more than experienced and knowledgeable staff. There is no upwards mobility. To get a promotion or better raise, you have to leave and be hired back, which has caused us to lose some of our best talent who have never returned.

- No upward mobility. If you are being promised a culture where people train their replacements and promotions are handed out fairly, you are being lied to. Plan to be stuck in your position for 3-4 years before getting a promotion or a descent raise.

- Culture. PM team literally looks down on anyone not in their department. I have seen them deride and berate members from other departments almost to the point of tears. They are brutal and are never held accountable for their terrible attitude and hostile work environment in the office.

Advice to Management

Restructure your PM team.

Pay more.

Stop

6. "Finance Manager"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lebanon, TN
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would like to express my interest to continue my career with a new organization where my educational background, work experience and my traits can be utilized to assure maximum productivity. I would like to be considered for position related to finance (the Budgeting and planning, Financial Manager, Financial control, Financial Administration, Financing projects, Lead National Consultant, Cost Control), Management, Business Development Officer.

Cons

, I have gained excellent insights into the world of finance and strengthened my analytical and quantitative skills. In me, you’ll find someone who is dedicated, self-motivated, and who possesses the detail-orientation and technical skills to excel in a fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

I have acquired a drive for success, Resilience, innovation, initiative, and the ability to learn quickly and apply that learning proactively. Equipped with sound judgment, interpersonal, and teamwork skills enhanced by my education and bolstered by unique experiences

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Deloitte has great benefits, including 401(k) match, pension, health, and wellness subsidy. PTO is accrued at a very reasonable rate, and there are generous holidays. Deloitte expects employees to make the most of their time off, so your vacation time is expected to be away from work. There is a pervasive attitude at Deloitte the what is best for your career is what is best for the firm.

Cons

Deloitte is a high-performance firm, as such, the exception is that employees are high performance. This can lead to long hours and high stress.

"Looking for an eDisco job in Nashville? Run far away."

Former Employee - Project Management Coordinator in Hermitage, TN
    Former Employee - Project Management Coordinator in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good benefits. That's it.

Cons

- It is up to you to set your work life balance. If you let them, they will work you 80 hours a week and pay you for 40. You will be intimidated and shamed for working less than 50 hours a week.

- The "field PMs," or the senior PM's bosses, are Deloitte employees from other sectors whose utilization rates fell too low, so they moved them to the "new eDiscovery business." Although all of them have management experience, 0 of them have ever worked a day of eDiscovery in their life.

9. "Senior Auditor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, pto, work from home

Cons

pay below market value, advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

pay at least median market value and provide equal opportunities for growth in services

10. "IT Contractor"

Former Contractor - Senior Access Security Specialist in Hermitage, TN
    Former Contractor - Senior Access Security Specialist in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. Flexible schedule. Good pay.

Cons

Not a lot of stability as a long time contractor. Budget cuts come quickly and with minimal notice.

Advice to Management

Management was great.

Showing 56 of 21,702 reviews