Deloitte Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Deloitte Nashville Reviews

Found 65 reviews

3.2
  1. "International Accounting Intern"

Former Employee - International Accounting in Nashville, TN

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Good place to work at

Cons

None none none none none

Advice to Management

None

Deloitte2018-08-04

"PMO Manager/Sr Project Manager"

Former Employee - PMO Project Manager in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cannot begrudge the benefit package withe 30 days of PTO and relaxed remote work.

Cons

The flip side of the Pros is the time to take PTO with many in US ITS employees losing PTO time or having to take the last have of December not to lose. Be prepared to work long hours especially in the App Dev Studios.

Deloitte2019-02-23

"They want you to work for free even contractors"

Former Employee - BSA Analyst in Nashville, TN

I worked at Deloitte (Less than a year)

Pros

Possibility to work anywhere sort of

Cons

I ended up with a boss that thought I should work hours off the clock and wanted to micromanage my time. I knew at least two contractors who where encouraged to work more than 40 hours but only got paid for 40 as overtime was denied when they put it into the system. Company wide hiring freeze was instituted around mid December 2018.

Deloitte2019-01-22

"Build your resume then get out of the rat race"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having Deloitte on your resume holds a lot of weight Get 16 weeks off when you have a kid

Cons

The internal recruiter will try to talk your salary down. It is part of their job. So get as much as you can up front. When you get promoted you'll only receive a 5% increase and most people leave because of this. The PPDs (principals, partners, and directors) will put millions in their pockets before they give you hundreds. Little to no profit sharing. You'll be lucky to get 1k or 2k as a bonus. Even managers say...

Advice to Management

Stop bragging about how much money we are making and then giving us less than 0.1% of it as bonuses and roughly 2 to 4% raises every year. Stop calculating raises based on national cost of living increases (lazy) and do it by local city. Stop taking away the spot reward program (gift cards) because we "are not making plan". Stop hiring people's friends under or near them, 95% of the time you are creating gangs and...

Deloitte2018-08-06
    • "Good Benfits"

Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

500 a year in well being

Cons

No growth potential for new hires

Deloitte2018-05-29

"Worst career choice I've made."

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deloitte (Less than a year)

Pros

- On-site cafe w/ weekly local food / restaurants served - Decent hourly rate for contractors (but only for hours worked, not PTO or holidays)

Cons

- Quickly hired, one interview - should have been a red flag (just needed another body in a seat) - No on-boarding/introduction to work, projects, teams, or office. Just thrown into the fire to be the new scapegoat for delays or miscommunication - Expectation is to work whatever hours are needed to get the work done, knowing that not all over-time is approved or paid. If you only work 40 hrs/week, 1 of 2 things happens:...

Advice to Management

Sort it out. Put time and effort into getting your employees up to speed and you'll have happier, long term employees. Foster a better culture and team, and you see an increase in quality of work. I have no idea how Deloitte has won "best places to work" - probably bc of the PPMD ("VPs") who reap all the benefits at max pay.

Deloitte2018-06-21

"Senior AP/Receivable Assistant"

Current Employee - Senior AP/Receivable Assistant in Hermitage, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is like no other Benefits Work environment Culture

Cons

There really aren’t any. The hours have been rough due to a big business client transition, but they make immense efforts to ensure our work life balance is stable

Deloitte2018-04-06
      • "Internal Audit Staff"

Former Employee - Internal Audit Staff in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Deloitte as a whole is a great firm to work for. The firm cares about its people and the benefits are excellent. Great healthcare, 401k, well being subsidy, and PTO. Deloitte Internal Audit is a good place to start a career. The basics of auditing were taught, and Deloitte has great training programs.

Cons

Internal service managers need training. A lot do not know how to deal with people. Internal Audit showed extreme favoritism and it was hard to get promoted if you were not one of the favorites. Internal Audit management did not seem to care to develop its staff and the turnover rate in the department was alarmingly high.

Advice to Management

Firmwide- Train all managers in people skills and basic management skills. Internal Audit- develop and invest in your people

Deloitte2018-03-28
      • "Work hard, play later"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of opportunities to grow your network. High visibility into what is trending and where we're going in the future. A lot of projects with ample amounts of areas to use your strengths. I get to work remote sometimes

Cons

Everyone seems heads down. Culture seems to promote working some nights and weekends. I have been on 5 large projects at once and it made me slip on the lower priority ones.

Advice to Management

Create more team building opportunities.

Deloitte2018-03-26
      • "Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great flexibility Transparent feedback for improvement to next level through the various reporting metrics Upward mobility is set in stone if you are good at your job you will get promoted Great young people to get connected with Great place to begin caterer but probably not somewhere to stay long term

Cons

This job requires lots of writing and documentation Over worked

Advice to Management

I think the work could be divided up better. Some new hires get better clients that are large and don’t require one to monitor their hours billed as closely. However if you have multiple small engagements you can gauarentee that your busy season will be year round and there will be no time for pto unless you make the time.

Deloitte2018-02-05