Deloitte Reviews in New Mexico | Glassdoor

Deloitte New Mexico Reviews

New Mexico

3.9

Pros
  • Awesome Firm to work for with good work/life balance (in 1121 reviews)

• fantastic place to start / grow your career (in 399 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance required to be managed (in 3063 reviews)

• Lot of politics no work life balance (in 618 reviews)

1. "It can be heaven or hell"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, NM
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, NM

I worked at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Make your own Deloitte. Plenty of opportunities to do interesting work and have a meaningful career here.

Cons

Playing the game can get very tiresome at times

"Developer Farm"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Santa Fe, NM
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They treated us to dinner when we had to stay late and the management at Deloitte is dependable, so it made my job a lot easier. There was quite a bit of freedom with how one allocates their time insofar as deadlines are met. The location in Santa Fe, NM made it worthwhile for at least a month, then it got really boring, especially if you're single and in your mid-twenties.

Cons

A lot of micromanagement, many developer's working on the same applications in assembly-line fashion, long hours sometime 13 hours a day for a week straight, Deloitte is not a tech company and it shows.

Advice to Management

Developer's work differently than what most management at Deloitte is likely accustomed to supervising because software development is not a science, but it is engineering and it involves elements of creativity and design. Accountants and financial analysts don't have to zone out the way developers do. That's how we get our work done, in the "zone." Allow your workers time to think about a problem before attacking it. Work isn't always in the form of visible movement. I know that doesn't feel comfortable to admit, but that's how Einstein operated.

Showing 2 of 17,847 reviews