Deloitte Officer Reviews | Glassdoor

Officer

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance goes for a toss (in 3611 reviews)

• no work life balance for the employees (in 748 reviews)

"My experience at Deloitte has been the best career patch of my life!"

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at Deloitte and Tush is more then the benefits, bonuses, tips, and compensation but the co-workers have been more then friends, they have been my family and every body looks out for one another . I hope your experience is the same !

Cons

You don't get enough time with your family is one of the con. I don't know how to do a fincacial report or what program to download to help me with the design. I have had too many projects and I am the only one participating , where other people have their whole family and it's hard when your the only one , cooking, cleaning, working , taking care of your autistic son, you do t have time to use the bathroom .

Advice to Management

Management please give me more hours with my family and help me find another job that will help my family in the same way Deloitte helped me. I wish I would have asked Deloitte how to do a financial annual report.

"Senior Accountant"

Former Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Portland, OR

Pros

Great training ground. Strong infrastructure. Clear path to future growth. Lots of opportunity to be part of committees and engage with others. They say 1 year at a big 4 is worth 3 at a private firm- I would agree that the exposure and learning opportunities are amazing.

Cons

One of the reason you can progress at a 3 to 1 rate (compared to private industry) is because you can work the equivalent of 2 years in a 365 day period. Long hours- but there is also the option to work a 'flex' schedule.

Advice to Management

The soft skills of some of the younger management could use some refining and compassion. That being said there is plenty of strong leadership within the firm.

3. "Dynamic career environment"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant to Chairman/Chief Executive Officer in Lititz, PA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked at Deloitte in 1990. Great admin staff and partners. Diverse opportunities and challenges for career advancement. Communication effort was sincere and intentional.

Cons

Very large organization requiring flexibility to take advantage of opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Communication will always be key to maximize your human capital.

4. "Good"

Current Employee - Officer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Officer in Washington, DC

Pros

the salary is very good

Cons

the working time is not so good

5. ""we are the best""

Former Employee - HR-officer in Diegem (Belgium)
    Former Employee - HR-officer in Diegem (Belgium)

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Het is een bedrijf die veel internet opleidingen aanbiedt,, er zijn voldoende doorgroeimogelijkheden voor wie dit wenst, de verloning ok

Cons

Het bedrijf is heel politiek getint waardoor vaak niet de juiste mensen op de juiste positie zitten. Je wordt continue gebrainwashing met "we are the best" ook al komt dit niet altijd geloofwaardig over.

Advice to Management

Niet iedere medewerker heeft de ambitie (gelukkig) om door te groeien naar de top. Respecteer meer de werknemers die er voor kiezen hun job 100% degelijk uit te voeren maar ook nog kiezen voor een work/life balance.