Deloitte Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Orlando, FL

3.3

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance goes for a toss (in 3624 reviews)

• no work life balance for the employees (in 750 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Solution Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Solution Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! The sky is the limit in terms of career growth potential . You are in charge of your career. Free coffee as well.

Cons

None so far other than 401k can be a lot better.

2. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte is a great place to get your career started. You have tons of opportunity to learn from multiple projects.

Cons

I don't have any cons that are unique to Deloitte.

Advice to Management

None. Management is fair and they do listen

3. "Beware of the Politics(BS)"

Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has great benefits but you will never get to enjoy it.

Cons

Very Poor leadership within Cloud Service Line and other areas.

Advice to Management

Leadership is not something you gain from being placed into a leadership position. It is a skillset that is acquire through years of proper mentoring and training. Their approach is to yell and demean individuals how have no choice because of their dependency for a job instead of encouraging and mentoring. At the end of the day, having leaders without proper leadership skills impact those who are dependent towards structure, guidance, and career goals. No skills makes the workplace intolerable and frustrating for those who are just trying to do their jobs and want to succeed. Deloitte has the worst track record for promoting incapable individuals due to their networking with other leaders into leadership positions that they do not qualify for. As a result, this leads to huge company liabilities which is ultimately covered up by HR.

Not sure how this has gotten this far without being notice, but there is significant discrimination within the company. Discrimination is very present in race, job origins, and title. Discrimination is most noticeable in benefits, perks, company selections, and opportunities.

I would class Deloitte as a hostile environment where employees as forced to deal with frustrating situations and poor management decisions based on their lack of understanding. Having an expectation of working 65 hours a week without any additional compensation and then being directed to report 40 hours to ensure nothing is flagged by upper management or reports is disgraceful. The disconnect between the CEO and the USDC leaders is a sad portrayal of what to expect in a company which expects you to either burnout after a couple of years or have any early death.

This has been the worst job I have ever had and sadly has put me back 5 years in my career. Those of you thinking landing a job with Deloitte I would advise you to rethink it. They will throw money and benefits at you and in return they will subject you to a shorter lifespan. It's NOT WORTH IT.

4. "Salesforce Developer"

Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn things .Good team

Cons

Bad Salary !
    More like a cheap labour program !
    Got 1200 $ for promotion (Felt like part of deloitte slave program)

Advice to Management

Do some research on salary levels for salesforce

"Working there is what you make up it at Deloitte but best to be Single with no Family"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Salary, latest technology, innovative, peers are the best I have worked with. More company wide Holidays so that everyone can have a real break from work.

Cons

Stuffy, bureaucratic, process intense, Work Life balance difficult at times. One PPMD with a problem is more important than 1000 non PPDM with another problem. Better to be seen working on a problem with no results than to sit down and have an open conversation on a solution. Buying of software too many times not based on the best Application but on which app can generate more money to Deloitte Consulting. Better to be extraverted and loud than introverted and a producer.

Advice to Management

Deloitte has a good culture of training it's employees. DU is a great facility where you can brush up on many managerial skills. Your co-workers are the best and really are top notch. However, You can bust your butt and do good work in your primary duties and never be promoted unless you take on a second job at Deloitte doing extra credit work. To advance at Deloitte, you must sacrifice your family, work on your PTO, answer email on the weekend and at nights, be at one meeting online and answering email in the background. You must over extended yourself. That is the Deloitte way. The goal is to see how much you can give of yourself to Deloitte before you crack and have to leave. Some never do while others leave after a few years. Now you don' have to do these things I mentioned but you won' t progress unless you do. Some will take these comments negative and some will not. It just what you want out of life. But i loved my time there. However, at Deloitte you do own your career. If you not self motivated and highly adapt a change you will not make it.

6. "Deloitte DBA"

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits in terms of health

Cons

Long working hours, not recommending anyone

Advice to Management

NA

7. "SR specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

multiple project opportunities available with Deloitte consulting

Cons

you have to find own project, does not feel stable, way to many compliances need to be done yearly.

Advice to Management

too many compliance training.

8. "Overall, good place to work, of course it has it's faults"

Former Contractor - Dev Ops Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Former Contractor - Dev Ops Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

> Rather relaxed work environment, take breaks as you need
    > Good benefits (From what I saw, as a contractor I didn't get those)
    > Good place to build Experience
    > Offers Lots of Training for various roles
    > Work from home or office!
    > Rather well balanced between work and life
    > Do a Decent job of putting high value on their employees, Lots of free meals at work is a plus
    > Good amount of vacation time (not as a contractor of course)

Cons

> Somewhat political office environment
    > Required employees to take training in their own fields mid-project at times
    > not the best at budget management regarding contractors
    > Was more difficult to get over-time pay as a contractor than it should have been
    > Noticed on occasion the wrong person would be blamed for a project issue
    > Sometimes issues were kept until the last second, which caused a lot of unnecessary hardship for certain employees (myself included), then would not always be willing to pay the related overtime for the trouble.

Advice to Management

Try to be a bit more realistic and maybe admit when there are problems more openly.

"DC Solution Analyst"

Current Employee - DC Solution Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - DC Solution Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perfect work life balance on projects

Cons

None as such but pushes you to different roles which you might not aspire of

10. "Resist their aggressive employment tactics and higher pay, not worth it."

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High pay, good benefits, some freedom, some great colleagues/co-workers.

Cons

Unethical (preach about how ethical they are and make you watch countless CE videos about it) I witnessed my team leader and manager take confidential information directly to other team leads and mangers, totally disregarding the person who bought up the concern. Managers and leads were "clicky", felt like I was back in high school. I guess I was just a bad fit and my project was back at a place I had already worked in the past and didn't care for. I should have my head examined to submitting to the aggressive highering and salary/bonus they threw at me.. My original goal was to be independent consultant, should have stuck to my guns. I ended up rolling off and laying low so I could get out without giving back my bonus. I am better off as an healthcare IT FTE so I can see issues through and make sure the root cause is identified and fixed instead of just patching or dropping issues like Deloitte did for CHI.

Advice to Management

I am not going to pretend to know how to fix your company, I guess you'll just have to keep losing business until you figure it out yourselves.

Showing 30 of 21,665 reviews