Deloitte Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Solution Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Solution Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! The sky is the limit in terms of career growth potential . You are in charge of your career. Free coffee as well.

Cons

None so far other than 401k can be a lot better.

"Working there is what you make up it at Deloitte but best to be Single with no Family"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Salary, latest technology, innovative, peers are the best I have worked with. More company wide Holidays so that everyone can have a real break from work.

Cons

Stuffy, bureaucratic, process intense, Work Life balance difficult at times. One PPMD with a problem is more important than 1000 non PPDM with another problem. Better to be seen working on a problem with no results than to sit down and have an open conversation on a solution. Buying of software too many times not based on the best Application but on which app can generate more money to Deloitte Consulting. Better to be extraverted and loud than introverted and a producer.

Advice to Management

Deloitte has a good culture of training it's employees. DU is a great facility where you can brush up on many managerial skills. Your co-workers are the best and really are top notch. However, You can bust your butt and do good work in your primary duties and never be promoted unless you take on a second job at Deloitte doing extra credit work. To advance at Deloitte, you must sacrifice your family, work on your PTO, answer email on the weekend and at nights, be at one meeting online and answering email in the background. You must over extended yourself. That is the Deloitte way. The goal is to see how much you can give of yourself to Deloitte before you crack and have to leave. Some never do while others leave after a few years. Now you don' have to do these things I mentioned but you won' t progress unless you do. Some will take these comments negative and some will not. It just what you want out of life. But i loved my time there. However, at Deloitte you do own your career. If you not self motivated and highly adapt a change you will not make it.

3. "Overall, good place to work, of course it has it's faults"

Former Contractor - Dev Ops Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Former Contractor - Dev Ops Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

> Rather relaxed work environment, take breaks as you need
    > Good benefits (From what I saw, as a contractor I didn't get those)
    > Good place to build Experience
    > Offers Lots of Training for various roles
    > Work from home or office!
    > Rather well balanced between work and life
    > Do a Decent job of putting high value on their employees, Lots of free meals at work is a plus
    > Good amount of vacation time (not as a contractor of course)

Cons

> Somewhat political office environment
    > Required employees to take training in their own fields mid-project at times
    > not the best at budget management regarding contractors
    > Was more difficult to get over-time pay as a contractor than it should have been
    > Noticed on occasion the wrong person would be blamed for a project issue
    > Sometimes issues were kept until the last second, which caused a lot of unnecessary hardship for certain employees (myself included), then would not always be willing to pay the related overtime for the trouble.

Advice to Management

Try to be a bit more realistic and maybe admit when there are problems more openly.

4. "DC Solution Analyst"

Current Employee - DC Solution Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - DC Solution Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perfect work life balance on projects

Cons

None as such but pushes you to different roles which you might not aspire of

5. "Resist their aggressive employment tactics and higher pay, not worth it."

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High pay, good benefits, some freedom, some great colleagues/co-workers.

Cons

Unethical (preach about how ethical they are and make you watch countless CE videos about it) I witnessed my team leader and manager take confidential information directly to other team leads and mangers, totally disregarding the person who bought up the concern. Managers and leads were "clicky", felt like I was back in high school. I guess I was just a bad fit and my project was back at a place I had already worked in the past and didn't care for. I should have my head examined to submitting to the aggressive highering and salary/bonus they threw at me.. My original goal was to be independent consultant, should have stuck to my guns. I ended up rolling off and laying low so I could get out without giving back my bonus. I am better off as an healthcare IT FTE so I can see issues through and make sure the root cause is identified and fixed instead of just patching or dropping issues like Deloitte did for CHI.

Advice to Management

I am not going to pretend to know how to fix your company, I guess you'll just have to keep losing business until you figure it out yourselves.

6. "Intern at Deloitte in Orlando"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Orlando, FL
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Deloitte as an intern

Pros

Culture is pretty good. Friendly people that want to make sure you are put in a project you want to be a part of. A lot of fun events to go to and there are a lot of opportunities to network.

Cons

Couldn't really get hands on with my project all too well since I didn't receive access to my own laptop and set up my workspace like I was supposed to get. You are assigned projects without knowing exactly what that project entails so if you don't like it, you have to make sure to change it.

Advice to Management

When the projects are assigned to the interns, it would be best to start any processes that is needed to get the interns started on the projects ASAP.

7. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte is a great place to get your career started. You have tons of opportunity to learn from multiple projects.

Cons

I don't have any cons that are unique to Deloitte.

Advice to Management

None. Management is fair and they do listen

8. "Ex-employee"

Former Employee - Specialist Leader in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Specialist Leader in Orlando, FL

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, salary and benefits

Cons

poor work life balance with travel

Advice to Management

None

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career Plan and Benefits are fair

Cons

working hours do not allow a work life balance

10. "USDC Orlando (onshore)"

Current Employee - Solutions Developer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Solutions Developer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely an environment to GROW. An environment to meet amazing people in their own right. A place to collaborate and answer questions you feel are important and also receive the credit for it. A place to be great among great people. Lastly, a place that offers an opportunity to work with any medium-large brand/organization, anywhere in the world.

Cons

Very new concept and employment model uprising in the consulting industry in general. 'On shore' is what Leadership is compensating this as BUT the work is absolutely no different than traditional consulting.

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to revisit/update/correct compensation/benefits for USDC employees from a baseline (this does not include those who know how to negotiate)

Showing 26 of 20,518 reviews