Deloitte Reviews in Raleigh, NC | Glassdoor

Deloitte Raleigh Reviews

Found 7 reviews

3.9
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance needs a check(in 4243 reviews)

• "You will have no work life balance as you are expected to work a minimum of 65 hours some weeks(in 887 reviews)

1. Remarkable developmental experience

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

High energy, highest quality professionals and unlimited opportunities for growth and professional development

Cons

Highly mature business with slower pace of progression in comparison to less mature firms

Advice to Management

Keep in constant contact with our people; people should again rise to the first pillar of our strategy.

2. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Pay is good, PTO is excellent

Cons

Working in matrix management where the managers do not understand how that works. Need to be on someone's coat tails to move up

Advice to Management

Get rid of ridiculous performance appraisal process, apply the processes that the C-suite promotes

3. Great Benefits, Problematic People

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Benefits, company culture, resources, other workers

Cons

The manager made my life hell. There was no way I could ever measure up to their expectations. At some point, I only produced what they wanted, which was never enough.

Advice to Management

Weed out the people that kill initiative. That means managers as well as other leaders.

Good firm

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

A lot of career opportunities, good pay, good benefits, prestige of firm on your resume, good culture

Cons

Long hours during busy season (it's accounting), work/life balance can be tough at times

Advice to Management

Try to understand what your employees want and what other opportunities they want to pursue within the firm so they don't jump ship and look elsewhere to get the experience they desire.

• Work Hard, Play Hard

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Work life balance, job flexibility, support of management and open door policy. Wonderful PTO for all employees - standard is almost 5 weeks. Plus 8-10 Holidays a year. Fair compensation and merit rewards. Wonderful HR Team.

Cons

Upward mobility is very limited. Up or out policy (i.e. no ability to be a career manager). Mandatory busy season's. 45-55 hour weeks.

• Ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Great People; lots of resources. Big 4 experience is great on your resume; Opportunities to see a lot of different types of clients

Cons

Long hours, multiple busy seasons, overload you with work, understaffed, they dont pay very well. People tell you if you leave you'll never be sucessful.

Advice to Management

Quit the politically correct crap and just focus on what our business is all about. Very sick of all the fluff...just want to do work.

Great experience - felt like some promotions were based on tenure, not performance

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Terrific culture - loved the people. Work was pretty interesting, but as a lower level staff person you can get "lost in the weeds" at the client-site.

Cons

Compensation, compared to hours of work is abysmal, but probably no different than any other Big 4 Advisory group. Saw several people get promoted to high levels that were only given the job due to tenure... "they promotoed WHO???"

Advice to Management

Listen closely to the people on the "front lines" in terms of morale and if there needs to be senior management involvement to correct a tough situation.

Found 7 reviews