Deloitte Reviews in Raleigh-Durham, NC | Glassdoor

Deloitte Raleigh Reviews

Raleigh-Durham, NC Area

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Most people look for work life balance which you can find in deloitte" (in 1662 reviews)

• "Good work culture and work life balance" (in 999 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance needs a check" (in 4243 reviews)

• "You will have no work life balance as you are expected to work a minimum of 65 hours some weeks" (in 887 reviews)

1. "Remarkable developmental experience"

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Raleigh, NC

Pros

High energy, highest quality professionals and unlimited opportunities for growth and professional development

Cons

Highly mature business with slower pace of progression in comparison to less mature firms

Advice to Management

Keep in constant contact with our people; people should again rise to the first pillar of our strategy.

2. "Accountant"

Former Employee - Accountant in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Accountant in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO, other benefits. Most people in the Morrisville NC office were a definite pleasure to work with.

Cons

Was part of an acquisition from CIS, which later became CIS by Deloitte. Finance was absorbed into a broader team known as the COE. Although, the idea of the COE is a great one, poor leadership and lack of understanding of the individual businesses the COE supports led to great difficulty and often times created tension between the COE and business (CIS), which lower level employees like myself and team members were often blamed for. Prior to my leaving the firm, the COE obtained a new director, who I feel has great potential to make COE something truly valuable to Deloitte. However, mid management level decisions need to be reevaluated. Although smart people, mid management really needs to strive harder to connect with their employees and understand their task and duties on a day to day basis. I would avoid working for the Finance COE, until they can further figure out their relationship and build trust with the business leaders of CIS and prove to care about you as an employee and person.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees who have been with CIS since before the acquisition, and do not take them for granted, I believe there is still one left at this point. They have valuable insight into the business, that Deloitte hired professionals do not.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Deloitte (Less than a year)

Pros

Part of Deloitte, which has great benefits.

Cons

Work environment is very disjointed. Leadership doesn’t know what they are doing. Company culture almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

Figure out the business strategy first before you can lead the rest of the company.

4. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good, PTO is excellent

Cons

Working in matrix management where the managers do not understand how that works. Need to be on someone's coat tails to move up

Advice to Management

Get rid of ridiculous performance appraisal process, apply the processes that the C-suite promotes

5. "Great Benefits, Problematic People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, company culture, resources, other workers

Cons

The manager made my life hell. There was no way I could ever measure up to their expectations. At some point, I only produced what they wanted, which was never enough.

Advice to Management

Weed out the people that kill initiative. That means managers as well as other leaders.

"Working as a full time employee"

Current Employee - Accountant in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Accountant in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great PTO and benefits

Cons

Do not work for COE finance team Morrisville and NJ. Not a conducive team environment to work!

Performance reviews are biased when it comes to promotions.

Advice to Management

Does not listen to everyone in the team and makes decision based on one side of the conversation. He is biased! The upper managements fails to realize why the employees are leaving. Upper management fails to realize a difference between which employees are doing the work and the other team members are socializing throughout the day and lying about their work.

Do not work there!

7. "Strategy and Operations Intern"

Former Intern - Strategy & Operations Intern in Durham, NC
    Former Intern - Strategy & Operations Intern in Durham, NC

I worked at Deloitte as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work with very smart and passionate people who are experts in many fields. I had many chances to engage in very intellectual conversations during break. I also got to receive very feedback from my manager, who was super nice.

Cons

The workload was huge. You may have to work on several projects at the time and will have to be responsible for your own learning.

"Good firm"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of career opportunities, good pay, good benefits, prestige of firm on your resume, good culture

Cons

Long hours during busy season (it's accounting), work/life balance can be tough at times

Advice to Management

Try to understand what your employees want and what other opportunities they want to pursue within the firm so they don't jump ship and look elsewhere to get the experience they desire.

9. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Work life balance, job flexibility, support of management and open door policy. Wonderful PTO for all employees - standard is almost 5 weeks. Plus 8-10 Holidays a year. Fair compensation and merit rewards. Wonderful HR Team.

Cons

Upward mobility is very limited. Up or out policy (i.e. no ability to be a career manager). Mandatory busy season's. 45-55 hour weeks.

10. "Ok"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Great People; lots of resources. Big 4 experience is great on your resume; Opportunities to see a lot of different types of clients

Cons

Long hours, multiple busy seasons, overload you with work, understaffed, they dont pay very well. People tell you if you leave you'll never be sucessful.

Advice to Management

Quit the politically correct crap and just focus on what our business is all about. Very sick of all the fluff...just want to do work.

Showing 11 of 27,544 reviews