Deloitte Retail Sales and Service Experience Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Assistant in Madrid

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Is a good place to learn

Cons

Lot of hours, depending on the project you work

Deloitte2019-11-14
  2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Project Delivery Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Best place to work and great work environment

Cons

Better opportunities for dedicated personel

Deloitte2020-02-26

"Great Place to start your career - Carefully read the cons"

Former Employee - AMS Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

These folks know exactly what they are doing. They set high standards, and consistently deliver. Their project expectations and planning is excellent. The top level management folks are extremely smart and have a great sense of vision and planning. If you go to company social events (which are very frequent by the way), it is quite easy to have conversations with upper management people (Partners). Deloitte's hiring pattern is very consistent. For the young starters, they hire smart, well spoken, and subtly aggressive candidates. They have excellent training and knowledge management. They have a well oiled and empowered HR and Tech Support group. Things get done pretty fast. Their paid time off program is really great, and pretty straight forward. No messing about. They have a big social responsibility program that encourages volunteering. It also presents a great opportunity for youngsters to take event organizing responsibilities. This can be very very useful. Once, I volunteered for an event where we painted rooms for an orphanage center. There was a young guy who did the organizing. We were 10-12 people, with 3 senior executives actually doing paintwork. Quite unique. I have personally seen that Deloitte's top talents tend to start young, spend a 3-4 years, then take a hiatus to pursue a Graduate Degree (typically an MBA). The firm sometimes re-hires these consultants after their MBA with generous financial incentives. They offer much better packages to folks graduating from top universities. Sometimes they can offer huge joining bonuses. I worked in the IT consulting division.They tend to get top-end projects. On projects, the average age seems pretty low. A lot of 20-somethings, then there are a handful of 30-40 year old people and some senior Management folks. Beginner salaries can be a bit low. (which is expected. It takes some time to build credibility in the Consulting business) Overall, a great place to start your professional career. If you pay attention, you will get seasoned very quickly.

Cons

Work-life balance can become poor, especially during tight project timelines (This is expected in the Consulting Business). The employees have a significant amount of "firm-internal" training and knowledge contribution tasks. There are annual goal expectations. It can get tedious if you continuously work on high demand projects. There is intense competition, especially during targeted promotion/milestone years. There can be some backstabbing. It's part of the experience. It is not as bad as it sounds, and seems manageable. A lot of times, being young and inexperienced has it's flaws. The company has a simple way of seasoning consultants. They get pushed into high pressure situations, and they learn fast, and quickly start managing their own work. But they tend to be blind towards intricate details, especially in complicated IT product implementations. This has an interesting effect. If someone is able to do the hands-on work, everyone else tries to piggy-back on that person for their actual work. The hands-on guy gets overwhelmed, and others try to use him/her as a key resource. -- I personally went through a crunch project, and found a number of people "managing expectations" (piggy backing), while a handful of people actually knew the end-to-end solution and did the hands-on work. This created a lot more work and mental anguish than needed. Because of the expressed pressure, the hands-on guys have a hard time building and growing their reputation and subsequent performance evaluation rating. This also affects the project execution timelines. IMPORTANT: Make sure you thoroughly read through your employment agreement and understand the implications. In recent years, they have started hiring for specific projects ONLY. This falls under a particular "AMS service line". In this case, if your assigned project gets into a problem, you are exposed to the risk of employment termination. Their HR and Management are very helpful, and they will try to get you a new project. But there are several constraints like location, your skills, and limited time. I went through this, and it was somewhat unnerving. This was one of the reasons I ended up leaving the company.

Continue reading
    Deloitte2014-08-04
  4. "Nice starter job"

Current Employee - Solutions Analyst in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of great experience, ability to switch tech stacks.

Cons

Not many, it's a decent place to work.

Deloitte2020-04-05
  5. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of training in a short period of time. Numerous mentors and you obtain high level expert skills.

Cons

A lot of travel and expectation of a lot of networking after hours

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

excellent perks and pay in the job

Cons

Lot of travel is involved

7. "Consulting"

Former Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Get to own your career and learn a ton

Cons

Sometimes projects don't align to area you actually want to work in

8. "I love it"

Current Employee - Senior Cyber Security Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s like college with all the networking

Cons

Work more thank 40 hrs a week

Deloitte2020-04-03
  9. "Good brand on your resume"

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good training program for entry level

Cons

Long hours during busy season

Deloitte2020-04-03
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Tax Consultant

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Great pay, amazing office, looks great on your resume, great people, free iPhone, free laptop, great benefits, free snacks all day, occasionally free dinner

Cons

They didn’t let me pick my start date, long hours

Deloitte2020-04-01