Deloitte Finance/Accounting Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Deloitte CEO Joe Ucuzoglu - US
Joe Ucuzoglu - US
  1. Featured Review

"Great company to work with, if you like traveling !!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A good place to work on.

Cons

A lot of traveling, you need to sacrifice the personal life in traveling.

Advice to Management

Doing great !!

Deloitte2018-11-14
  2. "Unlimited opportunities"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent opportunities and projects to work on

Cons

None that I can think of

Deloitte2019-09-22

"Great Place to start your career - Carefully read the cons"

Former Employee - AMS Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

These folks know exactly what they are doing. They set high standards, and consistently deliver. Their project expectations and planning is excellent. The top level management folks are extremely smart and have a great sense of vision and planning. If you go to company social events (which are very frequent by the way), it is quite easy to have conversations with upper management people (Partners). Deloitte's... hiring pattern is very consistent. For the young starters, they hire smart, well spoken, and subtly aggressive candidates. They have excellent training and knowledge management. They have a well oiled and empowered HR and Tech Support group. Things get done pretty fast. Their paid time off program is really great, and pretty straight forward. No messing about. They have a big social responsibility program that encourages volunteering. It also presents a great opportunity for youngsters to take event organizing responsibilities. This can be very very useful. Once, I volunteered for an event where we painted rooms for an orphanage center. There was a young guy who did the organizing. We were 10-12 people, with 3 senior executives actually doing paintwork. Quite unique. I have personally seen that Deloitte's top talents tend to start young, spend a 3-4 years, then take a hiatus to pursue a Graduate Degree (typically an MBA). The firm sometimes re-hires these consultants after their MBA with generous financial incentives. They offer much better packages to folks graduating from top universities. Sometimes they can offer huge joining bonuses. I worked in the IT consulting division.They tend to get top-end projects. On projects, the average age seems pretty low. A lot of 20-somethings, then there are a handful of 30-40 year old people and some senior Management folks. Beginner salaries can be a bit low. (which is expected. It takes some time to build credibility in the Consulting business) Overall, a great place to start your professional career. If you pay attention, you will get seasoned very quickly.

Cons

Work-life balance can become poor, especially during tight project timelines (This is expected in the Consulting Business). The employees have a significant amount of "firm-internal" training and knowledge contribution tasks. There are annual goal expectations. It can get tedious if you continuously work on high demand projects. There is intense competition, especially during targeted promotion/milestone years.... There can be some backstabbing. It's part of the experience. It is not as bad as it sounds, and seems manageable. A lot of times, being young and inexperienced has it's flaws. The company has a simple way of seasoning consultants. They get pushed into high pressure situations, and they learn fast, and quickly start managing their own work. But they tend to be blind towards intricate details, especially in complicated IT product implementations. This has an interesting effect. If someone is able to do the hands-on work, everyone else tries to piggy-back on that person for their actual work. The hands-on guy gets overwhelmed, and others try to use him/her as a key resource. -- I personally went through a crunch project, and found a number of people "managing expectations" (piggy backing), while a handful of people actually knew the end-to-end solution and did the hands-on work. This created a lot more work and mental anguish than needed. Because of the expressed pressure, the hands-on guys have a hard time building and growing their reputation and subsequent performance evaluation rating. This also affects the project execution timelines. IMPORTANT: Make sure you thoroughly read through your employment agreement and understand the implications. In recent years, they have started hiring for specific projects ONLY. This falls under a particular "AMS service line". In this case, if your assigned project gets into a problem, you are exposed to the risk of employment termination. Their HR and Management are very helpful, and they will try to get you a new project. But there are several constraints like location, your skills, and limited time. I went through this, and it was somewhat unnerving. This was one of the reasons I ended up leaving the company.

Advice to Management

I have high regards for the Senior Management in this company. I think they are the market leaders in the industry, especially with their consistent high standards. Personally, I think they should strongly encourage some "end-to-end" hands-on responsibility in the IT consulting division. There are very few hands-on guys. I have seen a lot of segregation of duties between people that causes endless heartburn... during crunch project timelines.

Deloitte2014-08-04
  4. "Tax"

Current Employee - TC1 in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growth, PTO, and the people around.

Cons

Hours, everything else is good.

Deloitte2019-10-15
  5. "Great place to work, great people!"

Current Employee - Technology Advisor in McLean, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great environment filled with motivated peers

Cons

It after all is a big company

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Specialist Master

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, great support for college hires, ability to move up

Cons

Not the same support for experienced hires as college hires.

Deloitte2019-10-16
  7. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere, always given the proper tools for the job, workilife balance

Cons

Internal Client teams need to be trained on expectations

8. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Great exposure to different industries

Cons

No work life balance at all

Deloitte2019-10-16
  9. "Diverse company with upward mobility"

Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Productive office culture. Supportive management. Lots of opportunities for upward mobility if you put the long hours in. Lots of team building. Great hoteling system for teleworkers who came into the office.

Cons

Long hours (45/wk min) but salaried so not compensated over 40 hr. The mandatory team events were fine because I did not have kids, but difficult for others to manage who had greater home responsibilities. The company is so branded that you lose a lot of creative freedoms. Pay was low given the area (DC) and my experience (3 yr plus Master's Degree).

10. "Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Every project is different. Exposure to industry. Knowledgeable Partners, Principals and Managing Directors.

Cons

Long hours, tight deadlines, need to meet a lot of metrics.

Found 30566 reviews