Deloitte Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 18, 2017

1.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Good place to start a career"

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

The people are smart, the work is varied.

Cons

Politics, long hours, lack of flexibility,

2. "Last resort for consulting pros"

Former Employee - Contractor in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Contractor in Madison, WI

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No reason to work there

Cons

433 W Washington in Madison WI - dirty building, smells terrible, bathrooms are filthy and the tolets do not flush - bathroom door is always open - smells very , very bad - office furniture is old and stained - terrible place!

Advice to Management

PLease clean up this place !!!!

3. "Undisputed leader? Not so much"

Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility for some tax consultants. Good starting salary if you have a Masters

Cons

Management is disconnected with lower level consultants, promoting unqualified individuals while highly qualified get a 2k raise for their hard work.
    Don't expect equality or fairness. Networking with the right people will get you further than working hard or meeting charge hour expectation.
    Most jobs going to India to cut cost, soon out of a job.

Advice to Management

Get to know your people and reward according to merit. Take care of your people and they will take care of your clients.
    Do not pay new hires out of college more than current experienced staff.
    Cut down on all the programs that make random partner leaders of this and that, use those extra bonuses to reward the staff who actually do the work.

"Wrost, Horrible, Pathetic, Corrupted, Unethical, Racist, Vulgar, Abuse, Missing"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are hiring veteran for their own business purpose, the company is unethical, do no work here,

Cons

I am a veteran I have been to Iraq war, I would prefer to go back to Iraq than work with Deloitte, the name should be Deloitte Corruption LLC

- Expectation is to have all the employee to be billiable and work more than 60hours on client
    - over charge client even for a small business
    - fool the client to spend more, unethical
    - They are violating the Dept of Labor code of conduct, if you take leave your billiable hours will be down and over all performance will be given Negative
    even if an earned PTO is taken

Advice to Management

Be an ethical company, not a corruption company, make your employee as priority not corruption

5. "Technology Consultant- Stay Away from this firm; Unfair Promotion structure"

Former Employee - Technology Consultant
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The brand name is highly respected in industry. The exposure to different industries is a big draw for most employees. I worked with some very intelligent people, but there were also a lot of people with huge egos.

Cons

There is a very HUGE PROBLEM with the Performance Management System. The process is opaque, and counselors and direct managers do not provide consistent feedback on whether an employee is on track. A new performance system was implemented, but if your manager doesn't make time to provide you feedback, you will likely be screwed at year end.

Promotions are given to those the Partners like vs. those who are actually strong performers. It's not a meritocracy as much as the C-suite tries to make it seem.

Work hours are long, and you often have to work late nights. There is little work life balance.

On some tech engagements, I ran into issues with heavily male dominated teams who acted like a bunch of chauvinist jerks. They put down women on the team, and felt they knew better simply because they were men. It was very demoralizing for the few women on the project. The firm needs to work on this.

Advice to Management

The new Performance management system does not work. My manager kept blowing off my checkins and did not provide useful feedback for 2 months, and I was laid off although I received many awards for excellent client documentation and excellent client service. It is not fair to lay off top performers who are bypassed for promotion due to decisions of partners/directors who don't even know staff on their projects. I loved working at the firm, but they were ruthless in laying off the wrong people (i. e. they retained schmoozers who didn't produce high quality work while they laid off a lot of high performers who may not have been good at self-promoting themselves). Don't call the firm a meritocracy, because it isn't.

6. "Talent is abysmal"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, interesting work, and good continuing education. Also, Deloitte looks great on your resume and provides plenty of good exit opportunities.

Cons

Talent is absolutely horrible. The new scatter plot touch point system for performance ratings does not capture nearly enough information as the old rating system. And compensation has become very flat -- top performers' compensation is not much higher than average employees.

7. "Never Again."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you can look past all the back-stabbing that takes place, I guess some of the people were okay...at times.

Cons

Absolutely the worst! I have never worked for a group of people that treated their employees like a throw-away commodity.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying so much about getting promoted and treat your people with respect. They are the reasons you get a large paycheck...not you.

8. "If you are looking for eDiscovery work, these guys will take advantage of you."

Current Employee - EDiscovery Analyst in Hermitage, TN
    Current Employee - EDiscovery Analyst in Hermitage, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and for some reason everyone is impressed they are on your resume.

Cons

- Field PMs are never held accountable. If they make mistakes, it is swept under the rug or blamed on other departments. When accountability from the field PMs is requested, the PM manager will often bully other managers until the other team managers are forced to back down.

- The field PMs have little to no experience in the technical side of eDiscovery, and as a result will outright lie to clients about expectations. Then, when things go sideways, they always have other departments to make the scapegoat. It is literally destroying our client relationships, yet leadership is too stuck in their ways to see the problem or too lazy to fix it, or too busy counting their bonus money from a recently acquired high-paying client to care.

- Pay. Their pay is abysmal. Ironically, the pay is worse for people who have been with the company for years than for new hires. New hires are hired on making 20% - 25% more than experienced and knowledgeable staff. There is no upwards mobility. To get a promotion or better raise, you have to leave and be hired back, which has caused us to lose some of our best talent who have never returned.

- No upward mobility. If you are being promised a culture where people train their replacements and promotions are handed out fairly, you are being lied to. Plan to be stuck in your position for 3-4 years before getting a promotion or a descent raise.

- Culture. PM team literally looks down on anyone not in their department. I have seen them deride and berate members from other departments almost to the point of tears. They are brutal and are never held accountable for their terrible attitude and hostile work environment in the office.

Advice to Management

Restructure your PM team.

Pay more.

Stop

9. "Finance Manager"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lebanon, TN
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would like to express my interest to continue my career with a new organization where my educational background, work experience and my traits can be utilized to assure maximum productivity. I would like to be considered for position related to finance (the Budgeting and planning, Financial Manager, Financial control, Financial Administration, Financing projects, Lead National Consultant, Cost Control), Management, Business Development Officer.

Cons

, I have gained excellent insights into the world of finance and strengthened my analytical and quantitative skills. In me, you’ll find someone who is dedicated, self-motivated, and who possesses the detail-orientation and technical skills to excel in a fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

I have acquired a drive for success, Resilience, innovation, initiative, and the ability to learn quickly and apply that learning proactively. Equipped with sound judgment, interpersonal, and teamwork skills enhanced by my education and bolstered by unique experiences

10. "This is not the place for career growth"

Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in Sacramento, CA
    Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

No Known pros. Employee turnover is too high

Cons

Indian managers working offshore want to reduce American engineers to third world employees

Advice to Management

Know that the standard of living in America is not the same as the standard of living in India. Pay American employees what is due to them.

Showing 790 of 19,459 reviews