Deloitte Reviews | Glassdoor

Deloitte Reviews

Updated April 25, 2017

Pros
  • Awesome Firm to work for with good work/life balance (in 1104 reviews)

• fantastic place to start / grow your career (in 397 reviews)

"Layed off"

Former Employee - Solution Engineer in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Solution Engineer in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Deloitte (More than a year)

Pros

Deloitte paid relocation to the Orlando area for me to receive my dream job after being layed off that would have never gotten living out of state

Cons

Required to work twelve to fourteen hour days seven days a week and take phone calls at 100 in the morning yet laid off due to proformance supposedly based on the opinion of project manager that was not true

Advice to Management

Listen to more than one project manager when making a decision to lay off an employee and communicate have the counselor communicate with the employee versus being layed off without any indication

"Deloitteasourus"

Former Employee - Tax in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Tax in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looks good on your resume. Also, hones up your acting skills. Great benefits. Tax has the potential to be what the rest of the firm is.

Cons

Politics, back-stabbing, and a lot of old timers who do not deal well with change that sabotage any new comers. No collaboration. Everyone is on their own side. No progress. No trust. No team work. It's like kindergarten for orphans. Partners have favorites, favorites do hardly any work and throw everyone else under the bus. Management have no real positive leadership skills. Everyone walks on eggshells. I've never seen anything like it. Very disappointing. Better to just play along and not raise any issues. When you let them know the emperor has no clothes, it's you who has the problem and your life will become miserable.

Advice to Management

Get full time leadership in each office who has management background. A tax person who has no people skills should not be in charge of office culture, just bad for morale. If you want to improve business, start at the top with a permanent professional, not changing every 4 years to a new less personable person.

"Not good"

Current Employee - Associate 6 in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Associate 6 in Lake Mary, FL

Pros

You can alwasy find spot in parking lot
    Nice weather in Florida
    Starbucks outside
    Clean bathroom

Cons

Old school tech, bad coding practice and loose management. The counselor assignment basically is a joke here.

No Deloitte culture here at USDC

Advice to Management

Take care your staff

"WORST COMPANY EVER"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities to move up in management/get promotions. Decent salary, but not if you consider the amount of hours...

Cons

No work/life balance. This company is a soul-sucking horrible black hole. The manager is a complete psycho path who never lets you leave. I get in the office at 8am sharp every day and I don't leave until at least 11:00pm. I feel depressed and burnt out. We get some extra vacation time. It doesn't really matter though because we are working at least 60 hours a week for a decent salary. When you consider the hours you work, it's a very low salary. My boss calls me on Saturday and Sunday with no notice and makes me work from home for at least 5 hours. All I do is work. I have no life and no friends. I am at work all day then I come home to sleep, only to go to the hell office again the next day. Every single day I think of jumping out the window. Do not work here. There are much better places to work. This is pure slavery. Worst company to work for.

Advice to Management

Stop treating entry level workers as slaves. We are over-worked and work 60 hours a week. All we do is think of quitting every day.

6. "Dog eat dog"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits; work/life balance can be reasonable depending on project.

Cons

Unqualified leadership demonstrates favoritism and lack of professionalism - unhealthy competitive work environment.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to surveys and request feedback from staff.

7. "You'll need to find an influencial mentor to succeed here..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really sharp people here--top of the class super-achievers. And many of them are nice, gracious, decent human beings.

Cons

There are many consultants and managers here who would throw you under the bus if it helped them to deflect blame from themselves and/or from their own bad decisions. To succeed you need to be a "type A", and you really must find a champion IN YOUR SILO OR PRACTICE who is at least two steps above you, truly believes in you, and will speak boldly on your behalf. Once you find that person, then you need to request him or her to be your career counselor (manager). If your career counselor doesn't believe in you, see potential in you, and speak up for you, then you will not last very long. All that needs to happen is for your career counselor to faintly under-praise you, understating your skills with a lack of enthusiasm at annual ranking meetings and your career will take a tailspin (unless they have too much billable work to handle and you remain a revenue source). And they drink a LOT--that may be a plus for some, but a minus for many. So if you are working there or just interviewing there and you feel like you don't fit in, then interview with small to mid-size consulting firms that actually know their employees' names and skills.

Advice to Management

Behave as ethically as you expect your employees to behave. (HINT: Watch your own ethics videos!) If you need to lay off a lot of IT consultants due to lack of work, be honest & call it a RIF & treat it as such, instead of playing mind games with your employee's by trying to hide it and laying folks off one by one over several months and then telling your former employees that it's a "performance discharge" when in fact they were getting passing performance ratings on their projects, and their only "performance" issue was that they were on the bench because you hired consultants faster than your sales team could sell enough work to keep them busy.

"review"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

No matter how complex your business questions, we have the capabilities and experience to deliver the answers you need to move forward. As the world’s largest consulting firm, we can help you take decisive action and achieve sustainable results.

Cons

Consistently work 12-16 hour days and 6-8 hour/day weekends and it's been consistently that way as I move into my 3rd project. There are some things in life that are just not worth it anymore, and this job is one of them. It's not to say that other candidates might not have a different experience between groups

"Deloitte Digital lacks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Wide variety of projects and many great people in the trenches.
    Great place for a new practitioner to get experience.

Cons

There is a complete lack of competent creative leadership. Most of the project plans are outlined by partners who don't understand digital design best practices and have no idea how to staff and execute a digital effort. The few Creative Directors little more than salesmen with little real experience leading. Gender bias and discrimination is rampant, especially among traditional Deloitte employees.

Advice to Management

Change.

"Don't join -Solution Engineers"

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Medical & leaves Benefits package and 401K match
    Diversity inclusion and Very few helpful Co-worker
    Good place if you like travel and interviews

Cons

-You have to attend interviews internal & clients frequently/most of the time. Managers and interviewer treat you you like you know nothing, no matter how experienced you are. If you don't answer the questions as per their notes/expectation you will be under radar.
    -Poor communication and unreasonable expectation such as Own your career, work more than norma hours, firm initiatives, they don't tell you if you performed little under, only way to know is letting you go
     - Manager/Lead says, I need this functionality in next one or two hours
    - No work/life balance

Advice to Management

You have good process but poor implementation & communication

"Unhappy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits. They say it is a good place to start your career. Why?

Cons

Scary culture. Some in management lacking integrity and basic empathy. Poor treatment of HB1 visa (INDIA) guys.

Showing 690 of 17,480 reviews