Deloitte Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

San Francisco, CA Area

3.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Great place to challenge yourself"

Current Employee - Senior Advisory Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Advisory Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Fantastic team effort. Never feel like you have to tackle things alone
    - Great PTO
    - Flex spending account for wellness related activities

Cons

- Long hours at time
    - Can feel very competitive with those around you
    - Getting to the upper management level is a challenge

Advice to Management

Reward the good workers earlier before they are lost to recruiting efforts from other companies.

2. "Senior Manager"

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, typically friendly / collaborative culture, lots of different ways your career can go (you can rotate in and out of roles easily), very easy to transfer or work remotely if you need to

Cons

Very large and hard to get decisions made; largely decentralized and can feel tough to navigate; leadership can be very political

3. "Great support system and mentorship."

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big firm with a small feel.

Cons

Would like to know clearer path of advancement

"Senior Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many great colleagues. Great benefits including 401k and pension.

Cons

Firm is apparently reducing overhead by laying off admins (including ones with 10+, 20+ years with firm) without notice. Notice not given to people they support either. Moving clients support to remote service center in Dallas. Business needs are one thing, but when asked Directly last year if admins needed to be concerned regarding new programs, were told no.
    Normal bureaucracy full of obfuscation.

5. "Good company to start a consulting career"

Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good client work opportunities. Great place for entry level and new grads to learn about different industries. Great platform for growth.

Cons

Competitive working environment. Everyone needs to be on the top of their game all the time, which can add pressure.

6. "IT Audit Senior"

Current Employee - IT Audit Senior in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - IT Audit Senior in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO - very generous and easy to use if you are ok planning months ahead of time
    Training - not just technical, if you want to develop soft skills, there are opportunities
    Client Work - besides working with the largest clients, after a few years talent does take your opinion in what type of engagements you can be staffed on. If you say nothing, they will put you where ever the need is.

Cons

Day to Day Work-Life Balance - There are multi-week periods throughout the year where I have little balance, due to being assigned to clients with various year-end dates
    Inconsistent Management styles - given you will see this at almost any other company/firm, when I transferred to SF, I was burned/thrown under buses by managers more in less than a year working on Bay Area clients than in the 3+ years I worked in a mid-west office.
    Raises/Bonuses - the ranges they give to show are useless as its blended for all levels (consultants through SMs).

"Human Capital SF - Dreadful Work Life Balance"

Former Employee - Human Capital Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Human Capital Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Endless amount of resources
    - Exposure to blue chip clients
    - Strong brand name

Cons

Work Life Balance:
    Work Life Balance is a mere talking point. Your SOW will say 45 hours, you'll work 60-70. throw in internal initiatives (which you need to be competitive come EOY review time) you are sacrificing a good majority of your personal time. If you are looking for a lifestyle and a reason to be away from your spouse and children, this job is for you.

Overly Political:
    I've never in my life been around so many disingenuous, in authentic people. A peacock inspired culture, reinforced by the method in which they promote and provide EOY reviews. Its a dog eat dog environment where the majority of practitioners are overly aware of who is in the room, and adjust their personality to the liking of that senior person. I get it's consulting, but this firm rewards political posturing. Not for me.

Poor Leadership:
    Let's not get it twisted here. This is the blind leading the blind. There are some pretty outstanding leaders, however the rest are merely managers. The real issue is that these folks are highly intelligent, however never seem to understand how to look at the big picture. Decisions are made through a soda straw and unfortunately, if its a leader that is making the firm money, zero thought is given to how the money is being made, or the collateral damage it causes within the workforce to do so. Think I'm wrong, take a look at the turnover for junior level practitioners. Ever heard the saying "Often Wrong, Never In Doubt"? That's the majority of front line leaders you'll come across. You are there to pull their sled.

"Diversity":
    Another talking point. So grossly underrepresented in painfully obvious ways. I had clients remark how white our team was. Embarrassing. The few initiatives that are created to address this are merely window dressing and lack true horsepower and backing from key leaders.

Meager Pay:
    Unless you stick around long enough to make it to Manager, your pay will be well below market average. Proof? I was a Consultant making 86,500 a year. With the amount of hours I was working, my pay equated to just under $30 an hour. Laughable. I moved on to another job and literally, not figuratively, increased my salary by 55%.

Advice to Management

I could recommend a ton of stuff but let's be honest, who's actually listening? As long as the bottom line is strong and customers are satisfied, the meat grinder continues to churn.

Have fun at DU,!!! Woooooooo boy, what a treat. Soooo worth being worked like a rented mule.

8. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People. The professionalism and the investments in education and personnel investment are outstanding.

Cons

- Work life integration
    - Lack of control over project selection
    - Limited visibility into timeline for career growth
    - Compensation is limited/not consistent when compared to relevant companies in the bay area

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for internal mobility

"Work life"

Current Employee - Audit Senior Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Senior Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer you good opportunities to get ahead and advance your career. Work with many different teams and in many different industries. Work with many people your same age.

Cons

Work life balance can be tough. Work has a lot of travel involved, with travel happening around the country. It can be tough to stay on top of local and personal things.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to maintain an understanding with employees. It is important to keep communication open between different teams and to make it feel like there is good connection. Learning and development are a large part of this job.

10. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great culture, good working environment, good clients

Cons

an unclear path to partnership, getting difficult every year, a lot of firm activities

Advice to Management

Decrease number of firm activities

Showing 376 of 23,730 reviews