Deloitte Senior Java Developer Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Java Developer

1.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work-life balance needs a check" (in 4381 reviews)

• "Long working hours expected even though after peak session" (in 2847 reviews)

1. "Long Term Project"

Current Contractor - Senior Java Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Senior Java Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Deloitte as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Projects offered by Deloitte Consulting are log term and go on for years.

Cons

The working hours are really long and the pay structure remains same for long time too.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a appraisal very often and have to allow people to have their Personal Life.

2. "Not suggest if you really want to learn something"

Current Contractor - Senior Java Developer
    Current Contractor - Senior Java Developer

I have been working at Deloitte as a contractor

Pros

typical consulting company. do not need too many technical knowledge, most of jobs are just finish you assignment in time. most of projects not required too professional, some time very busy, but most of time at leisure.

Cons

nothing to learn from the project. every day you just worked on you had been assigned. No future for engineer unless you want to be a manager. Also once the client cut off the resource, you will be removed off the project and assign to another project of other location, and you have to relocate because most of the client not accept remote work.

3. "Senior Java Developer"

Former Contractor - Senior Java Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Senior Java Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Work is good except for the extra long hours

Cons

No scope for promotions or rate hikes.

Advice to Management

Should encourage the talented members of the team with rewards and better compensation rates

"Good from outside but not up to the level of the hype"

Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Deloitte (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company reputation. May be good for some projects if you are lucky you can detail out the pros

Cons

I joined the company and on the same day they gave a good laptop and asked start working. I joined on Wednesday and they assigned work on friday and was asked to go to office that Saturday and sunday.
    May be it's just that project but that project was like hell and the were only worried about money. I never seen anyone from that project leaving before 1 in the night even girls (they provide cabs though) . One can tolerate that if the work is good and you are learning new technology but those 2 months were he'll.

You will be their full time employee from day one so even in you put down paper on first week you have serve notice period. So I literally spent 15 days and nights in office and served notice period. One interesting fact once at 11.30 pm I asked for permission to leave for the day but they were like what will you do going home so early that too that was not sarcasm. Thankfully after putting down my paper I enjoyed my stay there during the notice period.