Deloitte Staff Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 243 reviews

3.4
Deloitte CEO Joe Ucuzoglu - US
Joe Ucuzoglu - US
  1. "Great experience and exposure, but the company is quite large."

Former Employee - Audit Staff in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Deloitte for less than a year

Pros

The experience is obviously second to none for accounting. You will experience things at Deloitte that you only would at a few other select employers. Networking experiences are top of the line.

Cons

The Big Four is not for everyone. You can feel lost if you are new or are not comfortable working with so many people.

Advice to Management

Try to treat your employees as people more than assets on your balance sheet.

Deloitte2012-12-13
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Audit Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte for less than a year

Pros

nice people, down to earth, flexible

Cons

work can range from substantial to busy work

Deloitte2012-11-28
  3. "Good first career experience."

Former Employee - Audit Staff in San Diego, CA

I worked at Deloitte full-time for less than a year

Pros

Community, experience, mentorship, learning curve

Cons

Hours, office management, inconsistency in work assignments during busy season

Advice to Management

During economic downturn, layoffs should take into account the workload left to the remaining associates.

Deloitte2012-09-26
  4. "A cool place to start..."

Former Employee - Audit Staff in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits and Training, Fast paced, great brand

Cons

There are times when you work a lot, sometimes until very early in the morning for months at a time.

Deloitte2012-09-06

"Good on a resume, but not an enjoyable lifestyle"

Former Employee - Tax Staff in McLean, VA

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good experience for future jobs.

Cons

-Worked 80 hours a week 5-6 months of the year. I did not have the opportunity to complete my work for the day and go home, as I was expected to be there as long as my superiors were there, just in case they needed anything. -Tax staff/consultants are not looked at as peers to managers and partners. I often felt like a "worker bee" and did not feel I had the level of respect from many of my superiors that I deserved....

Advice to Management

-Have standard starting salaries for particular levels of education.

Deloitte2012-06-28
  6. "I like the people"

Current Employee - Audit Staff in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

The great co-workers I have, and the supportive senior management. My engagement teams have been loaded with great people, I look forward to going in and spending most of my week with them.

Cons

Idiots up the chain can crap all over you, keep an electronic trail of communication even the informal stuff. Send a follow up email restating what was said and how you are tackling the list. Cover your ass because the incompetent will try blame you to save themselves.

Deloitte2012-05-17

"Good Experience"

Current Employee - Audit Staff in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Learn a lot in a short period of time but that is only because your working more than anyone else. Challenging work Opportunity to create a lot of relationships within deloitte and with the client technical skills orgizational skills

Cons

a lot of stress pay is equivlant to a cashier on a per hour basis works is often boring and can often be done by a 3rd grader no bonus appreciation is superficial and isn't customized (mass appreciation) appluase awards given to a whole team not neccessarily the best performers.. consistent with the commnt above

Advice to Management

hire more so that enagagements are properly staffed and if not pay mroe to compensate for tremenedous work load,hours and stress.

Deloitte2012-03-12

"Solid Place to Start Career"

Current Employee - Audit Staff in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Great experience right away Strong background in accounting CPA Good feedback structure

Cons

Promotions are batched Pay is tough and depending on market below other big 4 firms Work load between client engagements is not always fairly distributed

Advice to Management

Match compensation practices of other big 4 firms

Deloitte2012-01-03
  9. "All auditors will work until they burn out"

Former Employee - Audit Staff in Orlando, FL

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Unlike other audit firms, Deloitte is more understanding about taking personal time when it is necessary.

Cons

Just because you are able to take time off when absolutely needed, does not mean your work disappears. All audit jobs will milk you dry.

Deloitte2011-05-03
  10. "Huge ups and downs. Definitely love/hate relationship."

Former Employee - Audit Staff in San Jose, CA

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Great pay Excellent benefits (pto, discounts, fitness subsidy) Name recognition Exposure to senior management Exposure to various accounting areas Big offices have a very social environment Coworkers tend to be extremely ambitious and intelligent.

Cons

The worst thing about this job is the number of hours you put in. At first it's exciting and you couldn't care less. You almost even take pride in working 80+ hrs a week. You feel strong. BUT then as the months go by, you start missing out on life and suddenly it just isnt exciting documenting why a number is or isn't correct, why controls are/aren't effective. Id rather be saving the world. Really. My teams were incredible....

Advice to Management

Everyone says nothing can be done in regards to the pressure during busy season. Well since this is the most dreaded time of year, why not dedicate resources to solve this 'impossible' problem. I mean it just seems crazy that 80 hr work weeks have to be the norm. But overall... Good place to work. But oh god so glad I'm actually having dinner with my family instead of with my team.

Deloitte2011-04-14