Deloitte Staff Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 243 reviews

3.5
Deloitte CEO Joe Ucuzoglu - US
Joe Ucuzoglu - US

"No better place to be an auditor"

Audit Staff in Boston, MA

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

-Great people - a lot of fun to be around -Good name if you're looking to take a staff accounting role elsewhere -Clear path to move your way up the line

Cons

-Work as audit staff can be VERY monotonous -Busy season is brutal

Deloitte2011-03-21
  2. "We work a lot of long hours October-April; however, there are perks to the job during the off months."

Senior Staff Accountant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

They have good benefits and a lot of time off even if you aren't allowed to always take that time off.

Cons

We work VERY long hours.

Advice to Management

Treat your people with more respect and praise those who do well, so they are more willing to stick around. Most of the smartest and most competant people I've worked with have ended up quitting due to the lack of respect.

Deloitte2011-03-28
  3. "Corporate atmosphere with a greater than usual emphasis on work-life balance."

Audit Staff in Boston, MA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Big company, opportunity for growth, international opportunities, Decent salaries and benefits relative to industry. Fun young coworkers with lots of things going on outside of the office to meet them.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be pretty long. They give you lots of vacation days, but in a lot of cases, you cannot take it. It is possible to get pigeon holed with a specialization and a newly promoted person in the position above you.

Advice to Management

Make sure you do your best to let people work in the areas that they want, if possible. When a worker gets stuck in an industry they don't enjoy, they are likely to leave. Also, try to go easy on the hours!

Deloitte2011-01-13
  4. "great place to intern and start your career"

Audit Staff in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

great environment, great people, great company. the experience I gained at Deloitte jumpstarted my career and can not be equalled at many companies.

Cons

There weren't many negatives that came along with working at Deloitte. I was lucky to know my team really well and work was always a pleasure.

Advice to Management

not much advice - just continue providing great environments for young professionals to succeed in and you will continue to have access to the brightest candidates coming out of universities each year.

Deloitte2011-01-12
  5. "bleh"

Staff Accountant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

colleagues and other employees are the best people

Cons

politics and ass kissing is what really gets you to the top

Advice to Management

quit playing favorites!

Deloitte2011-01-05
  6. "Great place to work"

Audit Staff in Miami, FL

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Lots of experience, lots of training.

Cons

Long hours, no control over personal life.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk as far as work/life balance initiatives

Deloitte2010-08-11
  7. "Good place to launch into a better job"

Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Reputation. Good place to launch career and move on to something better. Typically coworkers are bright and have great personalities.

Cons

Places that have to use the phrase "work life balance" usually have none. A sink or swim mentality Pay per hour sucks.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the staff or managers who are jerks. This is too intense and team oriented of a workplace for us to be able to work with genuine a-holes. Why tolerate them? You lose good decent human beings when you retain jerks.

Deloitte2010-08-10
  8. "Interview Off Campus Hire"

Audit Staff in New York, NY

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Availability to a wide array of online trainig materials. Corporate culture if on the correct tream is awasome. Majority of the people are great to work with.

Cons

depedning on what engagement team your on you can land on pretty bad engagement teams, or land on a great engagement team and hours are horrible or commute

Advice to Management

I offer this advice to management, be more considerate to lower level staff that just joined the team and just becasue your a manager does not give you the right to have long personal phone conversations in the audit room.

Deloitte2010-08-03
  9. "Great learning opportunities, decreasing rate of returns"

Audit Staff in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

-great place to start career -lots of holiday and vacation time -ability to work with many different people -fun team environment -some projects with fun travel perks

Cons

-politics in review process -disconnect between partners and staff -lack of recognition for hard workers (everyone above takes credit for what you do) -once you finish your second year as a staff, the return on further hardwork and learning is consistently decreased with the lack of rewards provided (not worth it to work harder to make less and stress more)

Advice to Management

managers and partners that show their teams they care evoke the most motivation and loyalty from staff. with the drastic decrease in perks we're getting now compared to what levels above had, providing signs of geniune appreciation and recognition of a job well done is an easy fix that's often overlooked.

Deloitte2010-07-13

"#1 Worst Place to Work For in Chicago and Across the World!"

Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

The pay is okay..but per hour and with overtime it means nothing. I'll get back to you and I'm still thinking.....

Cons

Deloitte's brand is a joke. There is no diversity, they have all these "intiatives" for minorities and GLBT individuals, but they really look down on you. There is ridiculous turnover and it amazes me how they get voted one of the best places to work....can you bribery. Management is just horrible and serioulsy unless you like living at the job, don't count on a work life balance and a family. Most people don't... have families until they reach manager level...that's 8-10 years down the line.

Advice to Management

Management just needs to fix all of the issues. They are aware of it, but they just don't care and undertake superficial approaches to rectify the issues. They need to stop throwing the issues under the rug and address the concerns people are stating directly--maybe then people will stay with the firm. They reprimand those that state concerns, which hinders people from telling the truth. They use people at the... lower levels, treat them like trash. Deloitte is truly a horrible place to work for and I have no problem telling anyone in leadership who works at the firm the truth aboutvit!

Deloitte2010-07-16