Deloitte Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Executive Coordinator"

Current Employee - Executive Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, flexibility, benefits, culture

Cons

Parking, no set desk space, low 401k matching

"Great Place to start your career - Carefully read the cons"

Former Employee - AMS Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - AMS Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

These folks know exactly what they are doing. They set high standards, and consistently deliver.
    Their project expectations and planning is excellent. The top level management folks are extremely smart and have a great sense of vision and planning. If you go to company social events (which are very frequent by the way), it is quite easy to have conversations with upper management people (Partners).

Deloitte's hiring pattern is very consistent. For the young starters, they hire smart, well spoken, and subtly aggressive candidates. They have excellent training and knowledge management. They have a well oiled and empowered HR and Tech Support group. Things get done pretty fast.

Their paid time off program is really great, and pretty straight forward. No messing about.

They have a big social responsibility program that encourages volunteering. It also presents a great opportunity for youngsters to take event organizing responsibilities. This can be very very useful. Once, I volunteered for an event where we painted rooms for an orphanage center. There was a young guy who did the organizing. We were 10-12 people, with 3 senior executives actually doing paintwork. Quite unique.

I have personally seen that Deloitte's top talents tend to start young, spend a 3-4 years, then take a hiatus to pursue a Graduate Degree (typically an MBA). The firm sometimes re-hires these consultants after their MBA with generous financial incentives. They offer much better packages to folks graduating from top universities. Sometimes they can offer huge joining bonuses.

I worked in the IT consulting division.They tend to get top-end projects. On projects, the average age seems pretty low. A lot of 20-somethings, then there are a handful of 30-40 year old people and some senior Management folks.

Beginner salaries can be a bit low. (which is expected. It takes some time to build credibility in the Consulting business)

Overall, a great place to start your professional career. If you pay attention, you will get seasoned very quickly.

Cons

Work-life balance can become poor, especially during tight project timelines (This is expected in the Consulting Business). The employees have a significant amount of "firm-internal" training and knowledge contribution tasks. There are annual goal expectations. It can get tedious if you continuously work on high demand projects.

There is intense competition, especially during targeted promotion/milestone years. There can be some backstabbing. It's part of the experience. It is not as bad as it sounds, and seems manageable.

A lot of times, being young and inexperienced has it's flaws. The company has a simple way of seasoning consultants. They get pushed into high pressure situations, and they learn fast, and quickly start managing their own work. But they tend to be blind towards intricate details, especially in complicated IT product implementations. This has an interesting effect. If someone is able to do the hands-on work, everyone else tries to piggy-back on that person for their actual work. The hands-on guy gets overwhelmed, and others try to use him/her as a key resource.
    -- I personally went through a crunch project, and found a number of people "managing expectations" (piggy backing), while a handful of people actually knew the end-to-end solution and did the hands-on work.
    This created a lot more work and mental anguish than needed. Because of the expressed pressure, the hands-on guys have a hard time building and growing their reputation and subsequent performance evaluation rating. This also affects the project execution timelines.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you thoroughly read through your employment agreement and understand the implications. In recent years, they have started hiring for specific projects ONLY. This falls under a particular "AMS service line". In this case, if your assigned project gets into a problem, you are exposed to the risk of employment termination.
    Their HR and Management are very helpful, and they will try to get you a new project. But there are several constraints like location, your skills, and limited time. I went through this, and it was somewhat unnerving. This was one of the reasons I ended up leaving the company.

Advice to Management

I have high regards for the Senior Management in this company. I think they are the market leaders in the industry, especially with their consistent high standards.

Personally, I think they should strongly encourage some "end-to-end" hands-on responsibility in the IT consulting division. There are very few hands-on guys. I have seen a lot of segregation of duties between people that causes endless heartburn during crunch project timelines.

3. "Great place"

Current Freelancer - Business Analyst in McLean, VA
    Current Freelancer - Business Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Deloitte (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Love the culture and being part of a team.

Cons

it takes a while to get a promotion. The hiring process is a pain. Didn't like the exam I was given

4. "Cyber Risk Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment as well as work-life balance. There is much flexibility in being able to choose your projects and the career path you want to set within the firm. Benefits and work culture and the people are an added bonus as well.

Cons

Depends on project and work location. Compensation lower than market.

5. "Audit Senior Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to start you career

Cons

None for the LA office.

"Best of the best"

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Professionals are treated exceptionally well
    - Strong culture (and continuous focus on improving it)
    - Opportunity to work with really smart people and learn from the best
    - Collaborative

Cons

Just like with anywhere, your experience at Deloitte depends on who you are working with. Not exactly a con, but something to keep in mind

Advice to Management

Even more transparency
    Cathy E is an incredible leader and I appreciate her focus on people. Keep that up!

"Pretty Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, Benefits, Flexibility, Clients, Prestige

Cons

Lack of clear vision and strategy

8. "Great"

Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Deloitte (Less than a year)

Pros

great strong smart cool awesome

Cons

not bad, not horrible, not deplorable

Advice to Management

great

9. "Best place to start your career"

Former Employee - Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Orlando, FL

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By far the best place you can go to start your career

Cons

You will be expected to work hard anywhere in the firm

Advice to Management

We work extremely hard for our clients and managers, give us more credit

"Solution Analyst at Deloitte Consulting"

Current Employee - Solutions Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Solutions Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are extremely intelligent.
    Opportunities to leverage network to constantly learn.
    Interesting project opportunities

Cons

Work life balance can be an issue.
    Benefits could be improved.

Showing 6,010 of 25,281 reviews