Deloitte Reviews in Vienna, VA | Glassdoor

Vienna, VA

3.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Great company but should focus on work life balance."

Current Employee - Oracle Functional Analyst in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Oracle Functional Analyst in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Organized company, great culture, great people, and great potential for growth. Fantastic place for entry level employees with good salaries, benefits, and 401k.

Cons

You are expected to work a MINIMUM of 8 hours a day but you are really expected to work 9 hour days. Depending on your commute your looking at a 10 hour workday, everyday.

Advice to Management

I love what I do but it's not the only thing I love to do. If you go to the gym everyday after work like me, shower and eat dinner then you're not left with much personal time. I strongly believe in 7 hour work days and many studies back this up. This leaves an extra hour for commute, which I consider the worst part of my work, and allows the day to be cut into 3 equal 8 hour parts as it should. 8 hours for work, 8 hours for personal, 8 hours for sleep. I truly believe this would create a much happier, healthier and productive workforce.

2. "Squeaky wheel gets the attention"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are top notch. There is a sense of collaboration but more so at the junior staff, senior consultant and below levels.

Cons

Work life fit is more balanced for senior consultant and below. Manager and above are more subject to the up or out model and hence endure more stress / imbalance. Without a direct line of sight to Partners, doing good work just isn't enough. Need network for protection when firm performs average or poorly.

Advice to Management

Truly care about / for the people. Follow through with actions, not just words.

Showing 2 of 20,478 reviews