Delphi Reviews in Warren, OH | Glassdoor

1.0
Delphi President & Chief Executive Officer Kevin P. Clark
Kevin P. Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Competitive salary, true work/life balance, very friendly environment (in 63 reviews)

• Great coworkers and work environment (in 43 reviews)

Cons

1. "A formerly great company now in freefall"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Warren, OH

Pros

Exciting product line and customer base
    Top notch training on modern quality tools and methods
    Good benefits
    Provides global experience with locations around the world

Cons

No regard for knowledge and experience as >50% of US workforce has been shed
    No raises in 3 yrs and now demotions as company bought by equity investor
    Entire segments of company dismantled - a mere shell of former self
    Run by firmly entrenched old boys network very resistant to make substantive changes

Advice to Management

Stop managing by metrics alone. Recognize the value of skilled personnel located near the customer. Moving every job to Mexico cannot be the answer to everything

2. "Severed from Delphi Packard."

Former Employee - Insert Mold Tool Engineer in Warren, OH
    Former Employee - Insert Mold Tool Engineer in Warren, OH

Pros

When Delphi was a division of General Motors and even after the Spin-Off it was a great place to work. The Compensation and benefits were very good. The working relationships with fellow employees both coworkers and supervisors were great. Even working with the union members was good. It was a big happy family.

Cons

After the Spin-Off from GM upper management rerplaced the local Director with someone from out of town that was not a people person. He was put in to cut personell and ship the business out of the country. This is when the lies and deceit started. They sent the company into bankruptcy and started cutting people left and right. I was severed because I was one of the oldest andmost expensive engineers. We ended up training our own replacements, even the ones that went overseas. In retirement they cut our medical benefits and sent our pensions to the PBGC where we will loose our suppliment, in my case up to $15,000 a year or about 33%. Others much more.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and go back to PEOPLE FIRST. Bring manufacturing back to the states and let the supervisors do their jobs. It can not be cheaper to ship material in from China then it does to produce it here especially since you have gotten rid of what you called the burden of the pension program.