Delta Air Lines Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Delta Air Lines Atlanta Reviews

Updated June 24, 2017

Atlanta, GA Area

Pros
Cons
  • The commercial side of the business greatly lacks work/life balance (in 38 reviews)

• It's hard to transition from a co-op to a full time positions (in 77 reviews)

"International Captain, Airbus 330"

Current Employee - International Captain, Airbus 330 in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - International Captain, Airbus 330 in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great leadership; top pilot pay rates worldwide; highest profit sharing for any public company, worldwide; best maintained aircraft fleet, worldwide; great travel benefits, good 401K on top of excellent pay rates, exceptional flight training.

Cons

Industry average medical, dental, and sick leave. Below average ground training/too much reliance on remote training. Inferior Crew Resource Management training. Inferior technology across the airline for the past 30 years. Mid - level management is extremely weak.

Advice to Management

Promote more line Flight Attendants to Flight Attendant leadership positions. All supervisors should be qualified for the positions they command and should work the line on a regular basis. Lead by example, supervisors should fly 60% of all holidays.

2. "Below Wing Customer Service Agent"

Current Employee - Baggage Handler in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Baggage Handler in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful work atmosphere, the company really takes care of its employees through profit sharing, competitive pay, amazing health insurance, employee appreciation events, and goal-related incentives, and camaraderie between coworkers.

Cons

When adverse weather occurs, workdays can be quite challenging.

3. "Great Culture Bad Technology"

Current Intern - Industrial Engineer Coop in Atlanta, GA
    Current Intern - Industrial Engineer Coop in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Delta has a great company culture

Cons

Delta is has outdated technology/processes for various systems

4. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Air Lines (Less than a year)

Pros

People are really friendly and supportive here. I interviewed with two groups of people, each group with two people. Just general behavior questions. For example: describe a time you have to solve a complex problem, and what steps did you take to tackle it.

Cons

I did not find anything bad about Delta. I would like to apply back for a full-time job.

"Keep Climbing - Vibrate Higher"

Former Employee - Somewhere In Atl in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Somewhere In Atl in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Air Lines part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Delta attract great people. When a department or station adheres to the Rules of the Road, few organizations can compete with the culture, discounts, standby travel, authentic people, most leaders have an open door policy and promote Delta's culture and policies

Cons

The Ready Reserve program provides part time labor often performing near full time work without benefits. Some areas are very fair in utilizing the resource. One bad manager can spoil the bunch and the program can begin to feel like exploitation. While this type of person in authority at Delta is rare, some do exist. I regretfully am resigning from Delta after receiving an offer from an equally regarded organization due to lack of full time opportunity for growth after excellent performance as a Ready Reserve employee and lack of leadership in my direct department. There are really good leaders at Delta. This department in ATL just needs an overhaul.

Advice to Management

Revision the Ready Reserve Program. Delta is a premier U.S. company who overcame challenges, like many premier companies. The employees help to solidify the brand. Outsourcing jobs to Singapore, India, etc., and at the line exploitive labor practices is beneath the Delta brand. If there is limited room for growth or opportunity for RR due to high seniority at Delta, be clear being Ready Reserve, for most, will always just be a part time job.

6. "Part-time Ramp Agent"

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The flying benefits are definitely the best pros of working for delta, the pay is pretty good as well for the work we do. Ability to set your own schedule and change work areas around the ramp every six months. The profit sharing bonus every year is a big plus as well.

Cons

Part-time agents dont get any benefits accept the flying perk (same with most companies but we do a labor intinsive job so I feel we should get the option for Health at-least). Superiors seem to play favorites when its time to promote ramp agents to other leadership roles.

7. "Face to Face"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time

Pros

easy to follow and understand

Cons

nothing everything was easy to understand

8. "Great place to work with incredible benefits. Very few software opportunities for an intern."

Former Intern - Electrical Engineering Co-Op in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Electrical Engineering Co-Op in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Air Lines as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There's always a great vibe going on. Everyone seems to enjoy their work. The flight benefits are incredible.

Cons

I was hired at a department that was not in line with my career interests or skills. The work was tedious and uninteresting at times.

Advice to Management

Management in my department was excellent. Easy to reach out to and easy to communicate with.

9. "Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of diversity. Many avenues to move up with the company.

Cons

Health Care Benefits among the worst. A very "who you know" atmoshpere. Nepotism reigns.

"Outstanding corporate culture coupled with one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the airline industry"

Former Employee - Senior Product Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture, travel benefits, pay, quality of living in the Atlanta metro area, being part of a team that develops products that millions of customers will experience

Cons

Decision-making paralysis, typical corporate politics at the mid- to senior manager level, a cautious attitude toward innovation and a below average work/life balance

Showing 553 of 1,724 reviews