Delta Air Lines Reviews | Glassdoor

1,605 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,605 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • You have to be a certain kind of person to be able to develop a work/ life balance that works for you (in 37 reviews)

• It's hard to transition from a co-op to a full time positions (in 78 reviews)

1. "reservations agent"

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits, flexible schedule. lately you can get unlimited overtime too because management can't get a handle on things around here.

Cons

they keep making the job too stressful so they can't keep good help. this makes it harder on the people that have been there for a while because we have to pick up the pieces of the lightly trained new hires. the stats they expect us to keep are just simply absurd and they keep getting worse. there is no way to win at this game management plays, you just try to keep under the radar to stay safe. no job security. management makes you take a beating from the public and you must do it with a smile in your voice. its just becoming so ridiculous and i would not recommend working here to even my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

management needs to stop micro managing. ease up on the stats. realize that every employee is not perfect. if you want perfect then you need to just hire robots. and when an employee says this job is hard, don't tell them to just go out and find another. thats what ive heard management do. so they need to stop pretending to care if they don't. if things don't change we will all be out looking for a job, even management.

"dfw reservations agent-not what it used to be"

Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

benefits, paid time off, good wage, travel around the world

Cons

Forced mandatory overtime frequently now

Headquarters and HUB is located in Georgia, which holds the record for the most tornadoes and bad weather which leads to many delays and cancelled flights

Delta keeps dumping more work loads on agents because so many left recently due to dissatisfaction with job

back to back calls for hours on end. no option to perhaps respond to customer emails as a break

OUTDATED TECHNOLOGY OLD COMPUTERS while they waste money on other expenses

work at home agents are docked $260 a month to work at home

so many people left that we can't used our paid personal time when we feel like anymore. People were so burnt out with the job that they were using it all up the first week it came out.

nasty mean snide callers all day long angry about delta's policies like $200 change fees so they take it out on you all day long and you have to just take it.

you can't be 1 second over your break time or your stats won't meet

you will be given no choice as to the job you do because Delta will eventually make you do it anyways(online support, premium sales calls, manual reissues, etc)

Delta allows medallion members to buy their status at the end of the year so now there's so many of them that it's back to back premium sales calls and most of them are mean so it makes you really hate your job

To top it all off there's a survey at the end of your call where people can be extra mean and leave comments about you just to demoralize you some more

JD Powers is now running Delta

The only awesome department they had was the fraud department but they messed that up by putting incompetent people in charge of it therefore it failed

dental plan stopped covering adult orthodontics

I'm going on over 10 years now and can still only hold an early morning shift with weekdays off off which is a drag. You'll never get a good shift because all the baby boomers are hanging on. Seriously...11 years and can't get weekends off

Advice to Management

kick JD Powers to the curb. Profits are great but it's not everything. Excellent pay is awesome but it doesn't make people love their job when they're overworked and forced to take the brunt of constant complaints and added work loads. Give people some time between calls and you'll find they will actually take more calls and be happier employees. Have specialized work groups again. Employees are very dissatisfied with current VP. Critical Call Hours are happening every month now it seems. You don't respect my personal time and force me to do overtime. All that makes for unhappy employees who will eventually seek other employment.

Delta Air Lines Response

May 21, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Dear ‘DFW Reservations Agent’ - I read your comments with great interest and have shared with our Reservations, Customer Care and Digital Engagement leaders. As a current employee, I urge you to ... More

3. "Salary"

Current Employee - Gate Agent in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Gate Agent in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very Competitive salary compared to other airlines.

Cons

Not enough to survive in silicon valley.

Advice to Management

More flexibility in schedule. Stop making it so hard to take days off and have a decent work life balance.

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent (CSA) in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent (CSA) in New York, NY

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Open culture; nice "Delta family" environment no matter where you go. Employees are empowered to do what's right for the customer (they walk the talk). Good schedule flexibility. Despite leading a global company, our leaders know many individual employees by name. Appreciation for working through irregular operations is always recognized. Leaders lead by behavior - they'd give up their seat for a customer or clean a plane right beside their employees.

Cons

Need to better align right talent with right positions/limited mobility; but corporate management is great at listening and considering change, believe they're working on this. Supervisors at local level should be more than operational leaders when managing staff.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It's a tough industry.

6. "Reservations"

Current Employee - Brand Advisor/Lead in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Brand Advisor/Lead in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flight and medical benefits as well as ability to adjust shift with coworkers fairly easily.

Cons

Almost everything is done based on seniority in regards to time off and shifts.
    If you have low seniority you will be working nights and weekends until enough new people come in to improve your options.
    Management varies office to office but the heads of the department are a disappointment.
    The pay starts off low and is structured meaning that you are rewarded the same whether you are doing amazing or barely satisfactory, giving hardly any incentive to push yourself.

Advice to Management

Get a better VP for reservations, someone that truly cares and doesn't attempt to embarrass and tease others when they are wrong or make a mistake.

"Best airline for ramp employees"

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Top Salary and benefits really nice.
    Travel on business class (international) no extra fee.
    Profit sharing (highest in the industry).

Cons

Ramp management has no experience about doing a right bid system.
    Hiring just ready-reserve, what means low top salary, no benefits.

Advice to Management

Start offering opportunities for ready reserve become benefited employee or always will be short staffed.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

challenging and diverse workplace with international opportunities. Allows employees to move around within the company to become well rounded and grow as leaders

Cons

need to involve more technology not just in the revenue side of the house but also the operations side

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

9. "reservations revolving door"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good pay after topped out, flexible schedule, benefits

Cons

management believes all employees can just be replaced if they don't like the way things are. act like they care but don't. they all just sit in the office trying to find stuff to look busy doing. not to mention the job itself sucks. everyone that calls has a problem and i don't fix it i don't get my bonus pay. not sure how I'm supposed to fix a broken plane from my house but ok thats my fault. or how i can control the weather...again my fault. just all around a horrible job to have to do but if you have been here long enough to get the good pay its hard to quit. i would never recommend my worst enemy to work here. stats are killing the employees. many on medication to deal w/ this job. many headed to medication if not already on it.

Advice to Management

management could stop micromanaging every single aspect of the minute that the employee is clocked in. do your own hiring as well. stop outsourcing the interview process. the stats are out of control. you want happy customers you need happy employees. jdp is a joke as well, let that go. i never shop just by what company has jdp or not. get a clue.

"Management needs to review leadership in the Latin America and Caribbean"

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Delta is a great company that needs to go back to its core values to correct some irregularities happening in some regions within the company, specially Latin America and Caribbean.

Cons

Delta is loosing focus it´s employees, or at least is the case in the Latin America and Caribbean region. The hiring of unqualified personnel with lack of leadership skills and leadership roles experience is generating lot´s of demotivation. Latin America management is making erratic decisions by providing unequal and disproportionate compensation for new employees and not bringing older ones to similar compensation standards. Also, life balance is not being as respected as in the past.

Advice to Management

It would be important for Senior leadership to take a good hard look into Latin America Region, given importance given lately, and investigate how are employees feeling about lack of opportunities, public critiques, out of place comments, unfair compensation, terminations and decisions from some of the region´s leaders. Lack of experience is causing serious damage that will eventually, revert actual positive results.

Delta Air Lines Response

May 3, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments on Glassdoor. As you point out, Delta is committed to be the best U.S. airline in Latin American and the Caribbean. That has not changed and ... More

11. "We are family! Delta Airlines"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Miami, FL

I have been working at Delta Air Lines part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Delta Airline is a cultured, caring, family feel environment. Everyone cares for one another and treat each other with dignity and respect. The pay is great and the atmosphere is fun.

Cons

The advancement in the company needs to increase.

Showing 1,605 of 1,703 reviews