Cover image for Delta Air Lines

What people are saying about Delta Air Lines

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and the on reserve life is only 6 days a week which is better than any other airline.(in 707 reviews)
  • "Great flight benefits at major air line that strives to be and is the best.(in 632 reviews)
  • "Great people and very passionate(in 272 reviews)
  • "Great travel benefits and very accommodating company in regards to hearing how to improve the operation(in 266 reviews)
  • "the pay is great but its only part time 20 hours a week that it!(in 256 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management(in 201 reviews)
  • "Long hours and the necessity to stand on long flights get to be a killer after a while.(in 131 reviews)
  • "No work life balance in small stations(in 76 reviews)
  • "low salary to start out takes several years to get good pay(in 56 reviews)
  • "Your work can be interesting and amazingly fulfilling unless you end up with a bad manager.(in 42 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Delta Air Lines and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place

Nov 30, 2022 - Pricing in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, thrill of using data to make decisions, travel benefits

Cons

Nothing I can think of

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great work environment, good pay, stable company, excellent benefits

Mar 19, 2018 - Associate Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flight benefits are the standout benefit for sure. Aside from that, the work in the IT department is project based, so very team oriented with steady, predictable work patterns. Positive environment with good management.

Cons

Very hard to stand out in such a large company. Promotions are few and very far between. Commute to the main office can be rough being located on the south side next to the airport

200 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Delta Air Lines team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Flight Attendant

Sep 18, 2015 - Flight Attendant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome company to work for! Fun work environment, cares about employees, great uniforms, competitive pay, just an awesome company to work for! They are very flexible, you can live anywhere in the world you want, as long as your able to get to work when you need to be there!

Cons

At the end of the day, it is a very large corporation. So it is very easy to become just a "number" in the company. The flight attendant group is not unionized, so rules can change very often. Make sure your time management is impeccable, because you cannot be late for work AT ALL, and there aren't many acceptable excuses, even rain is not an excuse.

Continue reading
    179 people found this review helpful

Delta Air Lines Response

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and recommendation of Delta. We work hard every day to make Delta a great place to work; it’s nice to hear how much you enjoy our company and our work environment. Our people and our culture are our most important competitive advantages and the direct relationship we have enjoyed with our flight attendants has served our people, our customers and our company very well. To that end, we have a strong open door policy that enables any employee to go directly to a leader with any concerns, and we have hundreds of flight attendants who are actively engaged in our business, providing feedback and working on solutions for their colleagues and our customers. At Delta, a consistent, reliable operation is one of the reasons our top customers come back to fly with us time and again. That makes employee reliability – being on time, every day, for your shift or your flight – especially important. We agree that having a fundamental understanding of the flight attendant role is important for our field leaders, and we also value diversity at all levels of the company. That’s why so many of our field leaders are flight attendant qualified and many still fly when their schedules allow. We appreciate your feedback and will be sharing it with our In-Flight team. –Wendy, Talent Acquisition Team

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great job but the company's employee relations and workforce management is a little antiquated

Nov 3, 2022 - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a fun job that allows you to interact with great people and visit amazing places. Affords a degree of flexibility that is unattainable in most other fields. Delta pays generously and offers a few great benefits, like extended maternity leave, 401k matching, health insurance, etc.

Cons

The post-pandemic operations recovery was far from seamless. Flight attendants and pilots had to bear the brunt of the repercussions from poor operations planning and management with very little support from management. The airline industry as a whole needs to modernize the way it manages its in-flight staff. The challenges that come with this job are very unique and it is very easy to experience burnout. Stronger support and understanding from management and resources that encourage a better work-life balance would go a long way in increasing the employee satisfaction of flight attendants and pilots. We are also often required to spend a lot of time sitting in airports (time we don't get paid for), so it would be nice if trips were structured in a way that reduced this sit time or if the airlines started paying flight attendants for time between flights when we're required to be at the airport, time spent deplaning passengers, flight delays, etc.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

LOVE the perks

Nov 30, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Getting paid to workout! In the bag room you will definitely build muscle.

Cons

Hard to get the schedule you want.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Airport customer service

Nov 30, 2022 - Airport Customer Service in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Travel benefits and swapping shifts

Cons

Delays, cancelations and rude passengers

8. 5.0