Delta Career Education Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Olsen

Pros
  • Staff and faculty all work incredibly well together for the common goal (in 4 reviews)

• Great people who student centered (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management mandates changes that are unreasonable and/or cannot be accomplished (in 8 reviews)

• Ridiculous working hours and poor management (in 5 reviews)

1. "Love the Job Love Our students!"

I have been working at Delta Career Education Corporation full-time

Pros

great staff and management along with great motivating factors to improve

Cons

sitting in a desk all day

"Sr Director"

I have been working at Delta Career Education Corporation full-time

Pros

mission driven, passionate staff, ethical, driven cutting edge of technology for the industry. They are trying to really reinvent the student experience and do what is right for the student. High customer service focus

Cons

risk of industry, very lean management leads to incredible tension and workload. Must be willing to commit 150% in order to advance. Have had several years of freeze. Trust issues with senior leadership ability and/or transparency--ACICS accredited and at risk

Advice to Management

be more transparent about the progress on the accreditor actions. This is known by the ranks and is a fear factor. Absence of information allows for the rank and file to fill in their own story and often is not accurate. People need to feel confident that we are going to find a new accreditor--and that has not been the feeling

"Director of Career Services"

I worked at Delta Career Education Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The local "home" school is wonderful. Delta Career Education as a whole is worse than horrible. People are expendable as are the students. To say Delta is in the field of education is a joke and degrading to education as a whole. Losing ACICS was the best thing that could have happened because they will be shut down for good. Shame on them. Shame, shame, shame. Good, good people at the local level, Delta a SHAM!

Cons

Everything! They lie and they fire at will. Do not get a job with this company. Money hungry. Money is the bottom line no matter how you go about it..

Advice to Management

John, Get off your freaking tire petastool because you are way out of touch--something you used to pride yourself in not being. I was your number one online and took Delta to the next level, but you didn't even know my name, where are you now online? I could have put you over the threshold and in the lead and/or trendsetter, but now will go down as missing the boat or from not acknowledging the lil' man.

Lesson learned.

Thank you for your employment and the seven glass awards I received in less than four years .If nothing else, you have taught me to be a better human being and humility.

"The worst of a bad industry"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Delta Career Education Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Many employees are good people with good intentions.
    *It is a job... while it's a toss up, it's better than nothing at the end of the day
    *Hmmm... most holidays are recognized?
    *Can't really think of many others

Cons

*Leadership is the worst I've ever experienced first-hand, second-hand... in fact, I couldn't imagine it being any worse
    *Micro-management takes on an entirely different granularity at Delta. Directors often times ONLY micro-manage from a computer monitor with degrading emails, etc, rarely able to provide valuable feedback to employees.
    *Mandatory Saturdays.... or holidays.... and it's normally just for the front line staff while leadership doesn't show
    *Leadership happy hours on a regular basis, cutting out early for "meetings" and then never flexing for front line.
    *Leadership offering benefits to certain employees... in other words, you can't run the site and have an affair with the front line staff
    *The moral compass doesn't work within the walls at Delta
    *Forced to cross ethical lines by blatantly lying to potential students about many issues
    *I think there is a word limit...

Advice to Management

Wake up. Your employees are unhappy. You have built a culture of "good old boys" with some genuine dolts. Your employees all see it, and it drives them insane. Sitting in an office talking about which employees you'd sleep with while puffing on your vape is expected from immature dorm residents, not senior leadership. The walls can talk there, and everybody knows about all of the immoral and unethical talking points. Fingers point openly, and mouths run freely, but the accountability is non-existent. There are employees who should be in leadership who have been strung along for a very long time, while the good old boys (includes some females) are somehow still in charge. News flash: if the results are terrible and accreditation under fire, closing campuses that were once flourishing under the right leadership, and employee satisfaction is in the tank, CHANGE BEFORE YOUR DOORS SHUT AND SOME GOOD PEOPLE ARE OUT OF WORK.

"Terrible Institution"

I worked at Delta Career Education Corporation full-time

Pros

It is a paycheck
    The school is closed on the weekends
    The school is closed on Christmas
    The school is closed on Good Friday

Cons

They will never give you a raise or bonus
    They lie to employees all the time
    Students are being robbed blindly
    Administration does not care about employees
    Terrible health care options
    No standards upheld

Advice to Management

Get some morals and values

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - Admission Advisor in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Admission Advisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Delta Career Education Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, amazing instructors and incredibly amazing students

Cons

Extremely poor leadership, greedy, exceptionally flawed characters w/in some ppl that work here - no amount of training/coaching in the world can correct this in someone. You either value your integrity or you don't.

Without warning a few folks from corporate showed up yesterday and eliminated my department and left five ppl w/o a job effective immediately.

Advice to Management

Quit being so greedy and focus on working out the internal garbage (I.e. poor leadership, unethical employees, hostile work environment, accountability, direction, and open lines of communication). If you can re-establish the mentality that we are here for the students while cultivating and fostering healthy relationships between departments then I forecast a higher level of success all across the board and you wouldn't be closing down campuses all across the board.

"Poor Leadersip"

Former Employee - Financial Services Officer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Financial Services Officer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Delta Career Education Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your not collecting unemployment, but it is tempting.

Cons

Leadership is sub-standard, have not given raises in over 4 years. Company is closing 8 campuses due to low enrollment. They push the envelope on Department of Ed policies and many times break those guidelines in order to make the companies bottom line look better than it really is. Employee turn-over is very high due the companies poor leadership and bad smoke and mirrors game they so love to play.

Advice to Management

Sometimes it is best to cut your loses in middle and upper management and start a new.

9. "Faculty"

Pros

Easy way to get education for students who would not get one otherwise

Cons

Lacks Ethical standards in business practices.

10. "It has never been boring."

Current Employee - Instructor in Monroe, LA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Monroe, LA

I have been working at Delta Career Education Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can positively change people's lives by educating them on the history, ethics, and skills a massage therapist needs to be able to pass certification and become a successful therapist.

Cons

Even though I have always received positive evaluations and I readily am in compliance with all company policies, in four years I have never received a raise.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to internal customer service.

"Getting Worse"

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Delta Career Education Corporation (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are students who embrace the education and there are faculty who care about educating those students.

Cons

Considering working here??? Read on.
    1. Upper management mandates changes that are unreasonable and/or cannot be accomplished.
    2. Upper management mandates changes that are disorganized, confusing and problem ridden.
    3. Campus management is apathetic, probably due to the 1 and 2 above.
    4. No raises in years.
    5. 401K plan matching compensation ended as of December.
    6. Payroll breach of information including name, social, etc. this summer.
    7. On campus, computers issues-updates and continuity and basic classroom problems such no remotes, projectors broken,
     8. Loss of talented employees due to lack of raises, egotistical managers, and lack of HONEST communication.
    9. To say it's difficult working there... is an understatement.

Advice to Management

Fix points 1-8 and that will be a start.